Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

.......because? Because those Androids felt far more interesting than anything Buu related.

Really? Well I guess it's a difference of opinion. I disliked the androids designs, personality traits, voices, pretty much everything about them. Then there is the whole future plot taken into account and...

I mostly thought the Cell Saga was stupid until Cell actually showed up.

Buu had a certain charm (maybe not his first form), and despite ending up as a horrible character at the end (Kid Buu sucked balls) I enjoyed him more than any of the androids.

Ok, WHY do you dislike them? Can I have some elaboration? I'll admit, the Androids are particularly fleshed out(except 16), but I don't find anything offensive to hate.

Ok, WHY do you dislike them? Can I have some elaboration? I'll admit, the Androids are particularly fleshed out(except 16), but I don't find anything offensive to hate.

I think I elaborated enough. It's just a difference of opinion. I disliked the androids Designs (16-19). 16 wasn't horrible but the whole "big peaceful guy" attitude was rather boring. 17 & 18 seemed like punk kids with their design among other things (those foreheads) and 19 just looked silly, like the Pillsbury dough boy. 20 was just Dr. Gero's body so I'm rather indifferent in that aspect.

The voices irritated me most of the time, but maybe I would have preferred the subs instead.

It's mostly a personal preference, each Saga has its pros and cons.

The thing I found quite shocking regarding DBZ is the realisation that the Cell and Buu arcs as a whole take up a third of the series each.

Seriously, out of the nine season box sets, Frieza is finished with by the end of the third one, leaving six sets to cover Cell and Buu. Sorry, try and break each one down into smaller sub-arcs all you want, as far as I'm concerned there are only four DBZ arcs; Vegeta, Frieza, Cell and Buu. To try and categorise them further is to kid yourself into thinking that the series is actually more eventful than it is and has more arcs than it actually does. Seriously, I don't see how anyone can break the first half of the Frieza arc into 'Namek' and 'Ginyu'; they're both still part of the Frieza arc. I thought an 'arc' was supposed to basically be a full story, but all those two are really is the first half of the Frieza arc. I mean, Frieza shows up really early on in Namek and he's clearly the main antagonist from then until his defeat.

But yeah, seeing as the DVD sets are only just being released over here, I'm seriously questioning whether I should continue buying them after Frieza. I might get Cell, not sure on Buu though.

Oh yeah, Bleach:

Kenpachi got offscreened, that is so hilarious for the sheer irony

Assuming it actually sticks, I imagine that author got tired of having to write in reasons why the unstoppable guy doesn't just curbstop the villain

As for Naruto...

totally saw it coming. It was as expected the 4th Hokage being daddy.

Did they seriously treat this like it was some kind of revelation? I mean, really? I'd expect relief, they finally stopped sitting on it.

Welp, my sister has watched Puella Magica Madoka.....and it has emotionally scarred her......I am best big brother.

• Thumbs Up 3

Welp, my sister has watched Puella Magica Madoka.....and it has emotionally scarred her......I am best big brother.

This is why I hate psycho dramas *goes off to watch Speed Racer and DragonBall*

Good god, filler. D: I don't remember any of this since my previous encounters with the series (the original TV dub and Kai) both removed most/ all of it. Damn this series is slow. D:

No kidding! That's what killed my interest when I was first watching it. It was like 5 episodes of nothing but talking before they actually did anything and it just went on and on!

So Naruto:

So because Obito got Friendzoned, he starts a war?..........I called it, bu I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that reason. And it really is Obito too.

Bleach:

OMFG YAMAMOTO USED BANKAI, OH SHIT, OH SHIT.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 2

Naruto:

So....we finally gonna see how Rin died soon?

Bleach:

tumblr_m4ansyOFGP1qjs8a7.jpg

Bring on the Bankai, Kubo.

One Piece:

Looks like we're heading to the climax of this arc. Was expecting Zoro instead of Sanji during that part LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

So let me get this straight: Obito wants to destroy the world, because he was friendzone. Seems legit.

And now Madara joined him. 10 bucks Sasuke will join Naruto to fight against them... Oh yeah, whatever happened to the Kages then? I think they all died :D

Edited by Jango

Talk out of Portland, Maine's Animaine is that Sentai Filmworks' upcoming anime releases include Mawaru Penguindrum, Ninja Scroll and Letter Bee season one. DVD and Blu-ray of Penguindrum and Ninja Scroll are planned for December, while Letter Bee will be released on subtitled-only DVD.

ringo_oginome_27398.jpg

YES! YES! YEEEEEEES!

First Another and now this? I love you, Sentai!

Bleach being good and Naruto being absolutely fucking dreadful?

Up is down and penis is now the vagina.

• Thumbs Up 4

I always thought they were both pretty shi- *shot*

Also, rewatched Madoka yet again with my friend; I love discussing the characters of this show. It's all done so brilliantly.

I also watched Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger, which was freaking hilarious. That final arc was... wow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rin better have the most fucked-up and horrific death in manga history. Unless Kakashi skull-fucked her corpse and mailed the pictures to her family Tobi/Obito's motivation may drag Naruto down to Bleach tier.

(wait a sec.. O-bi-to --> To-O-bi --> To-bi... FFFFFFFUUUU-..... )

*Flips table*

Fucking Naruto. Why must you turn something potentially huge into a waste?

Every single fucking time I get my hopes up... *flips another table*

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked the entire first half and some of the start of the second half, up to around where they find Sasuke and stuff, then it started to really go downhill for me, until it just sorta fell off my "read-it-every-week" radar.

To this day I'll admit that Naruto had a great 1st half. It's the second that killed the whole thing, imo.

• Thumbs Up 2

Turning Naruto into the Sasuke show ruined it the first time. I seriously think the whole manga would be about a million times better if they just excised every single Uchiha from the plot, I mean look at iot seriously, almost every single lame, terrible or awful plot point out of Naruto is Uchiha related.

It always seems to me Kishi has cool ideas but executes them poorly in favour of super lame/retarded ones. like if you took the skeleton of Naruto and rewrote it with a competent guy behind it, it would be amazing.

like seriously, he has Rock Lee and Shikamaru and wastes those two amazing characters >.>

ringo_oginome_27398.jpg

YES! YES! YEEEEEEES!

First Another and now this? I love you, Sentai!

Today is a good day. I absolutely love Penguindrum and am definitely going to get it when it's released.

Pretty much. I'm baffled too.

Still not happy that Kenpachi got off panel pwned in Bleach but whatever, no manga is perfect. And it's still not as funny/awful as the Kages getting presumably off panel pwned this week.

PS: did anyone else love Sanji's entrance this week? I was practically in tears laughing. the character is a damn scene stealer, he's been consistently hilarious pretty much every time he shows up since Alabasta.

• Thumbs Up 2