Awoo.

Patticus

Oh my god they actually added what I been wanting, a custom radio station!

So how does it work? how to load songs into the station?

Actually forgot to thank Tracker for that one XD. Basically, once you download the game a folder is added to your documents. You can basically add any audio file to it and in game it'll play through the file on random. What's even more surprising is that it actually seems to be able to play Itunes files which I thought wouldn't work because they're usually encrypted with something. Have to say, being able to out maneuver cops while listening to Hatsune Miku is both the silliest and best thing ever.

Rockstar should port that custom radio station to the other versions of the game. It's been one of the most wanted features and it would suck if they kept it PC Exclusive.

I'm not sure there's any point now for PS4 since it already has in-game Spotify support. Even then, PC needs some exclusive features especially since PC users had to wait a year and a half for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually forgot to thank Tracker for that one XD. Basically, once you download the game a folder is added to your documents. You can basically add any audio file to it and in game it'll play through the file on random. What's even more surprising is that it actually seems to be able to play Itunes files which I thought wouldn't work because they're usually encrypted with something. Have to say, being able to out maneuver cops while listening to Hatsune Miku is both the silliest and best thing ever.

does the folder have to have just straight music files in it or can we have subfolders?

also, what file types does it support?

does the folder have to have just straight music files in it or can we have subfolders?

also, what file types does it support?

Haven't tested much out myself but here's what I found on Rockstar's site:

Simply place your non DRM'ed MP3s, WMAs, or M4As (or shortcuts to your music folders) in the file location below: My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\User Music

Note: Quicktime or iTunes needs to be installed for M4A support.

I can already tell that shortcut option is really going to help me out.

Edit: Scratch this post, it's actually for GTA 4. Though, I can't imagine things being too different for 5. Though, maybe more audio file options have been added?

Play around with it, tell us your results. I hate having all my music in 1 globed up mess.

But only those types?! c'mon Rockstar wheres the .FLAC or .OGG?!

Play around with it, tell us your results. I hate having all my music in 1 globed up mess.

But only those types?! c'mon Rockstar wheres the .FLAC or .OGG?!

WAIT, scratch that. That's for GTA 4 XD. Sorry bout that.

Don't know if I have any audio files out of the ordinary mp3s or m4as though. I'll see what I can get away with once I'm back in my dorm.

It seems the Social club is keeping people from playing the game

Then it's not THAT social after all :P

Well I did some testing with the music and, while you should really take this with a grain of salt because it really could just be my end, I wasn't able to get any .flac files to work. The previous formats from 4 worked as well as shortcuts to other files but not .flac. At least, for me it seems.

From the testing I've done sub-folders do not work, just shortcuts. I haven't been able to find any .ogg files as the ones I try to download just turn in to html files and those definitely do not play. Again, this is just from my end.

I'm kinda confused why this is such a surprise. PC ports of GTA have supported custom music all the way back to GTA III.

kFUnjE1.jpg

rvrUE0x.jpg

QOfJsvE.jpg

This game looks damn good, despite the fact I cannot run it on Max. Really impressed with the optimisation. 

This game looks damn good, despite the fact I cannot run it on Max. Really impressed with the optimisation. 

Tell me about it man: *spoiled for size*

sls9ys.jpg

2lxxsle.jpg

2yoadja.jpg

2is9zpj.jpg

14d0hav.jpg

Again, really surprised out how well optimized this game is. I've been seeing people run it on some crazy low powered systems. Though, like the console versions, it still has it's fair share of problems. I hear that some people aren't even able to start the game due to installation problems. I still can't find a decent sized lobby of people for an online match or alt tab out of full screen mode without the game crashing. I'm especially pissed about that last part tbh. I hear that if you start the game and then exit of of the launcher (which strangely still runs after the game starts and takes up a significant amount of cpu as well) through task manager it can boost your fps by like 10+ frames. Seeing as my system stabilizes at around 50 it would be nice to hit that 60 mark with my current settings. Though, I can't even attempt it because if I move from the game for a second I won't be able to get back in. Really hoping for a patch soon.

Just out of morbid curiousity Stricker, what kind of crazy low powered systems? (I really really doubt it would run on a non-gaming laptop, but I would laugh so hard if it did.)

Just out of morbid curiousity Stricker, what kind of crazy low powered systems? (I really really doubt it would run on a non-gaming laptop, but I would laugh so hard if it did.)

You'd be surprised man: *spoiled for size*

TWYm7Y3.png

Also, here's a video of it running on an Intel HD 2000. I'll be it at an fps that starts to resemble a power point but the fact it's able to even load up is quite impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHlA0J-hSM0

So for those of you who've played, how are the KB/M controls when in first-person mode? Is it at all natural?

I know it wouldn't control like an actual FPS game on PC since the characters have to turn and accelerate like they do in 3rd person, but I was wondering if it was any more user-friendly. 

So for those of you who've played, how are the KB/M controls when in first-person mode? Is it at all natural?

I know it wouldn't control like an actual FPS game on PC since the characters have to turn and accelerate like they do in 3rd person, but I was wondering if it was any more user-friendly. 

Actually (at least in the ps4 version) it feels like I'm playing something like far cry 3, especially if you change the left stick clicking to sprinting. In fact if you look in a mirror the character animation looks messed up.

Actually (at least in the ps4 version) it feels like I'm playing something like far cry 3, especially if you change the left stick clicking to sprinting. In fact if you look in a mirror the character animation looks messed up.

I've played it on PS4. That's why I wanted to know how it controls with a keyboard and mouse. 

Heads up, you can get a full refund on GTA V if you couldn't install the game:

http://imgur.com/a/Pu67N

Alternatively, you can wait for Rockstar to fix the issue or find a manual fix yourself

• 4 months later...

No new posts since April? TIME FOR A REVIVE

Freemode Events in Grand Theft Auto Online are a new advancement in open world gameplay, giving players access to a range of seamlessly integrated games and challenges in GTA Online’s Freemode.

Taking full advantage of PS4, there are no menus, lobbies, or load times — just an open Freemode session filled with Friends, Crewmates, rivals, and randoms where spontaneous and chaotic new games and challenges will appear.

At any given moment while in Freemode, one of these events may kick off and you can tailor and customise your session to decide exactly which ones you want to occur so you can play as much or as little of this new content as you like. With countless variations on each Freemode Event, there are tons of unique new experiences each offering new opportunities for reaping GTA$ and RP in GTA Online.

Feeling locked and stocked? Look out for King of the Castle — an every-man-for-himself turf war where you’ll need to ascend and claim the designated “castle” as your territory — and then fend off everyone else as they go all out to dethrone you. Form fragile alliances and work together in modes like Hunt the Beast, where one volunteer is temporarily transformed into a faster, stronger, beastly character who must escape relentless pursuers.

Freemode Events also take the shape of insane stunt challenges, such as popping the longest wheelie, catching the most air in a land vehicle, or performing the most near misses in a vehicle without crashing.

Also included with next week’s update are two brand new Adversary Modes. First, Hunting Pack: you’re part of a team tasked to deliver a priority vehicle rigged to explode if it drops below a minimum speed, while your opponents race, ram, and batter to take it down.

Or try Cross the Line, where heavily-armed squads face off across a neutral zone — with the goal of having all team members strategically penetrate their opponents territory to claim victory.

The Freemode Events Update also brings the Rockstar Editor to PlayStation with new features such as an ambient audio and sound effects library, Snapmatic integration, Director Mode updates, and more.

Source: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/09/10/grand-theft-auto-online-freemode-events-update-launches-15th-september/ 

Rockstar are hailing this update as the biggest game changer for GTA Online since the Heists update, and from the looks of some of the footage, this looks like it can be pretty damn fun. What do you guys think?