Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

Just played it. Some things I spotted so far:

• Swinging around city is really fun and probably the best part of this game. Combat isn't bad but it's not something great either.

• I see they were trying to rip-off Batman style of combat but they failed.

• Dodging attacks is annoying, especially if you're battling with humans.

• You can see this "spider-sense" icon above Spidey head but you don't really know who's going to attack you and when.

• Sometimes when I was pressing dodge button Spider-Man didn't react and I got hit.

• Web-rushing around the city is really fun but when you get into eyes view it's a bit annoying to move camera.

I like that this game is epilogue to movie. Story looks solid but I haven't finished this game yet so I can't say much about it.

Edited by Lamor

Enjoying it so much, so much fun. Game is fast and fluid, web slinging is much more deeper than i expected. I mean, i miss just being able to shoot two webs in-between buildings and just hanging around, but I can forgive it, it's fun as hell, and linking it with web rush makes traveling highly entertaining. I've probably spent more time swinging and rushing all over the place, just like in previous open world Spidey games. The main cross-species bosses have been kind of meh, but all of the Spider Slayers bosses have been fucking rad, no lie. So yeah, good stuff.

Enjoying it so much, so much fun. Game is fast and fluid, web slinging is much more deeper than i expected. I mean, i miss just being able to shoot two webs in-between buildings and just hanging around, but I can forgive it, it's fun as hell, and linking it with web rush makes traveling highly entertaining. I've probably spent more time swinging and rushing all over the place, just like in previous open world Spidey games. The main cross-species bosses have been kind of meh, but all of the Spider Slayers bosses have been fucking rad, no lie. So yeah, good stuff.

How so? I didn't find it that deep, just really fun and fluid.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally got it today, and I absolutely adore it. I am still a bit dissapointed that this isn't quite what I wanted. You know, with more realistic, physics-based webswinging and endless crimes to keep me occupied for hours on end. Because what this really is is Batman: Arkham City with ol' webhead standing in for the dark knight. Yeah it's a bit of a shameless copycat with the exact same combat, web rush in place of a grappling hook, and photo missions that stand in for Riddler challenges. But it copies it all damn near flawlessly, so I can't really fault it for that.

I'm just worried about the length. I just finished up Chapter 5, and from what I've heard the game isn't that long. I'm afraid I'll have finished the story by tomorrow, Monday at the latest.

EDIT: Or not, since my game glitched up on the main menu and my save somehow got deleted because of it. Well...at least this expands the amount of time I'll spend on the story?

Edited by Speederino

EDIT: Or not, since my game glitched up on the main menu and my save somehow got deleted because of it. Well...at least this expands the amount of time I'll spend on the story?

Holy crap, the same thing happened to me not too long ago. They should patch that.

Edited by Speederino

I think I've since figured out what happened. When you quit out of the extras menu, it decides to save for some ungodly reason. And since I was mashing the circle button, it 'quit out' of the main menu in the middle of saving.

Okay but that is still not a legit reason for it freezing and killing your saved file. I've turned my system off on multiple games during a saving screen and nothing like that has happened to me.

Okay but that is still not a legit reason for it freezing and killing your saved file. I've turned my system off on multiple games during a saving screen and nothing like that has happened to me.

Then you are incredibly lucky, as I've seen this quite often. There's a reason games always tell you to never turn the power off while it's saving.

So I've finally got to the play the game and well here is my impressions.

1. This game (visually) looked better in the trailers. Maybe I did something wrong but on my ps3 it looks like an average game from like 2008. Sure the wear and tear on the costume is a nice touch but thats really it.

2. Web rush is by far the best thing about this game.

3. Web slinging is kinda lame. I'll never be able to enjoy web slinging in this game as long as web rush is here.

4. Sorry keaton but this guy IS SPIDERMAN.

5. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE WATCHING THE MOVIE.

6. Some of the load times are fucking bad. I thought I was playing a game from last generation. 30+ seconds during a load time is unacceptable

7. Maybe it's me but I don't see a real story in this game. And this game still does not compare to Spidey 2 or Ultimate spidey in any way.

8. I may not finish this game because I can't stay interested in it very long. (prototype 2 is calling my name)

Double post.

Yeah my game just froze. And I wasn't even doing anything wrong. I was fighting the Scorpion by the docks and boom it froze. What the hell Beenox?

Close to 100% completion now, just a few more collectibles to find in the levels, and I think one photo.

I've been wondering, has there been any kind of collaboration between the film makers and Beenox? Because while I truly appreciate the depth Beenox put into expanding the movie's universe and setting up possible villains for a game sequel, I can't help but think a future movie could easily retcon elements of this story out of existence. I mean just look at all the viillains that are either in the game or were alluded to in the photo missions and character bios (Not counting Lizard, of course):

- Rhino

- Scorpion

- Vermin

- Iguana

- Black Cat

- Alistair Smythe

- Vulture

- Man-Wolf

- Sandman

-Hydroman

- Mister Negative

- Morbius

- Doctor Octopus

- Venom

I suppose most of these villains would never be considered for a movie anyways, but I still imagine it would be all to easy for a future movie to trip *something* up here. It wouldn't be a big deal, I'm just really torn on whether or not I should count this game as a true canonical sequel to the movie.

Because I'm a continuity freak tongue.png

Close to 100% completion now, just a few more collectibles to find in the levels, and I think one photo.

I've been wondering, has there been any kind of collaboration between the film makers and Beenox? Because while I truly appreciate the depth Beenox put into expanding the movie's universe and setting up possible villains for a game sequel, I can't help but think a future movie could easily retcon elements of this story out of existence. I mean just look at all the viillains that are either in the game or were alluded to in the photo missions and character bios (Not counting Lizard, of course):

- Rhino

- Scorpion

- Vermin

- Iguana

- Black Cat

- Alistair Smythe

- Vulture

- Man-Wolf

- Sandman

-Hydroman

- Mister Negative

- Morbius

- Doctor Octopus

- Venom

I suppose most of these villains would never be considered for a movie anyways, but I still imagine it would be all to easy for a future movie to trip *something* up here. It wouldn't be a big deal, I'm just really torn on whether or not I should count this game as a true canonical sequel to the movie.

Because I'm a continuity freak tongue.png

I think with the amount of enemies/bosses in this game, it should be more than clear it won't be real canon, after all, no movie would throw that amount of enemies at Spider-man, it would be a trainwreck D:

• 2 months later...

Huge bump, but.

Amazing Spider-Man DLC Coming Tomorrow

New downloadable content is headed to The Amazing Spider-Man on PlayStation 3. According to a post on the PlayStation Blog from Beenox’s Stephane Gravel, four new packs will launch tomorrow, ranging from $3 to $4 each on the PlayStation Store, or available as a bundle for $10.

Lizard Rampage Pack

W5tdq.jpg

The Lizard Rampage Pack will let you play as The Lizard, using tail and claw attacks to take down Oscorp guards. The more chaos and destruction you cause in the city, the more bonus points you earn. Playing the pack will also unlock the Vigilante Spider-Man suit, the costume Peter Parker creates in the Amazing Spider-Man film before creating his finished outfit.

Oscorp Search & Destroy Pack

xahNH.jpg

The Oscorp Search & Destroy Pack offers two classic arcade-style mini games. The first lets you control a giant mechanical Oscorp snake and guide it through the streets of Manhattan, while the second lets you use a Hunter Robot reprogrammed by Gwen Stacy to defend the citizens of New York against waves of enemies.

Rhino Challenge Pack

nP2pY.jpg

Previously available as a pre-order bonus for GameStop customers, the Rhino Challenge Pack lets players take control of the Rhino and race their way through Manhattan, destroying cars, trampling through the streets and “causing panic in the streets of Manhattan” within a certain time. You’ll be able to compare times and scores with friends via online leaderboards.

Stan Lee Adventure Pack

QYPWg.jpg

The Stan Lee Adventure Pack was previously a pre-order bonus for Amazon customers and allows players to step into the shoes of Stan Lee with the powers of Spider-Man. Lee can swing through the city to collect pages from a script, with “a very special surprise waiting for you at the end of the challenge.”

The Amazing Spider-Man hit stores in June for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. We’ve reached out to Activision to find out if this content is headed to Xbox players as well and will update with any information we receive.

Source - http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/24/amazing-spider-man-dlc-coming-tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...

The Amazing Spider-Man coming to Wii U.

If you've been waiting to don the red and blue, Activision has good news for you, True Believer. The Amazing Spider-Man game based on this past summer's blockbuster is coming to the Wii U in 2013 and packing all the DLC the PS3 and Xbox 360 had to wait for. No specifics have been given as to an exact release date or what Nintendo's new console will offer the ol' webhead, but keep it here on IGN as details emerge.

the-amazing-spider-man-wiiu-box-art-2djpg-44231e_800w-610x859.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

Bump, because the 2nd movie is now being buzzed I guess that we can start talking about what the second game is going to be like or how it should be and what could be improved on. discussions people!

Also, how did that Wii-U version pan out?

Just do what the first game did only a.) do NOT put a cap on the number of crimes (that still baffles me) and b.) make the web swinging more like how it was in previous games. I liked the plummeting sensation and how the camera stayed close, but it was too simplistic in comparison to what I've grown to like.

And a bigger map would be nice.

And a bigger map would be nice.

This please.

It baffles me how they still only use mainly Manhatten in almost all Spider-man games.

It was understandable for last-gen consoles, but please ASM team, Manhatten isn't just New York.

This please.

It baffles me how they still only use mainly Manhatten in almost all Spider-man games.

It was understandable for last-gen consoles, but please ASM team, Manhatten isn't just New York.

Not only that, this Manhattan was just TEENY. I couldn't believe what I was looking at when I first saw the map screen. I'm not asking for every version of the island to be as big as the ones seen in the Spider-Man 2 & 3 games, but this was like a pocket-sized version of Manhattan.

But yeah, I would love to see other parts of the city opened up. We've never been in Brooklyn or the Bronx before, you know?

Edited by Speederino

Also, how did that Wii-U version pan out?

Was pretty much the same as the other versions. No complaints. It was fun at least.

And I agree. Maybe it's my imagination, but didn't Ultimate Spider-Man use the entirety of New York in it's map? There's no excuse.

Edited by Toby Barrett