Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

Queens! That's right! Wish I still had that game, could just swing around and stop countless crimes...

I had this thought when I was playing The Amazing Spiderman on the 360, but...

Right, The Amazing Spider-man had Manhatten as it's open-world, an explorable hub as such. Obviously with the main quest and several crimes and side missions to complete. But what if, say when The Amazing Spider-man 2 comes to theaters and they make the inevitable sequel game, what if it was an add-on for the first game....

Now you've got Manhatten, but then say they release the "Amazing Spider-man 2 pack" DLC for the first game which brings an entire plot, new side missions, a new city and new side missions for the Manhatten city too. Both creating a longer lasting game as well as expanding it!!! So each time a new Spider-man movie comes out, you get the choice of expanding your copy of The Amazing Spider-man instead og buying a brand new game! Or have both options?

It was always just an idea. It would never happen though

• 2 months later...

spider-700x466.jpg

According to La Press (who revealed the still above), The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game will feature more challenges, an improved and more realistic web-swinging system and an overhauled fighting mechanic. As with the first instalment, this follow up will encompass more than just the movie it's based on, while New York City is set to be more alive, with consequences for not fighting crime thanks to a new "Hero" system. As we've mentioned above, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, 3DS, and PC. Beenox is set to unveil more later today at the NYCC, along with a teaser trailer.

Hoping for a much a bigger NYC and more stuff to do in it, was actually okay with the swinging mechanics in the first but i would definitely be quite okay with a more classic style of swinging. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it the same developer?

if you mean the same developer that has made every 3-D spidey game, more than likely

Sounds like they are really trying to improve on what the first game did, I hope for Spider-man 2-esque swinging mechanics combined with the excellent Web Rush mode from the first game (further refined of course). I also hope that the street crimes are actually randomly generated this time. 

Also, the stealth mechanics were a bit awkward, those could use some fine tuning as well. 

Apparently the teaser is footage from the current gen version for some reason......... they plan on releasing a next-gen trailer later on.

But anyways
jbdfnxXSWgRoRU.png

Apparently the teaser is footage from the current gen version for some reason......... they plan on releasing a next-gen trailer later on.

But anyways

jbdfnxXSWgRoRU.png

>Last tweet

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And dual-trigger web mechanic, sounds way more skill based and awesome. Count me hyped!

I hope we get to do some fighting as Peter (in his civvies, I mean) sometime in the story. Idk, I always thought it was cool when previous games did it, most notably Ultimate.

Also:

Webs will now attach to buildings. You can't webswing over Central Park. No more webs-in-the-skies nonsense.

tumblr_m78aw8egZZ1qflrjl.gif

• 4 weeks later...

The Amazing Spider-Man was awesome at first but near the end of the game it was just SO. FUCKING. BORING. Almost all the levels took place in a sewer or Oscorp, that shit got boring fast. The free roaming was also cool at first, but then I realized how bland it was, all you have to do is hold the web swing button and nothing will stop you.

About those other games, Spider-Man on PS1 is kick-ass, Spider-Man on PS2 is awesome, Spider-Man 2 on PS2 is amazing (lolz, get it? :P) and Ultimate Spider-Man is... it's... WOW. Shattered Dimensions was great fun, too. 

I didn't even bother with the first game because it looked like mediocre unfocused garbage honestly. But if this turns out to be the Arkham Asylum of Spider-Man games, count me into 100%. Those initial details are looking mighty promising too. 

Edited by Symbotic

I didn't even bother with the first game because it looked like mediocre unfocused garbage honestly.

I'd give it a shot before completely writing it off that hard. For me it was the best Spidey game to come out in the last several years. I mean I can't promise anyone would like it as much as I did, but still.

Anywho, hells yes on this. And they BETTER fix the finite, non-randomized crimes nonsense. That and the webswinging were the only two problems I had with the last game, but unfortunately they weren't exactly small ones.

Edited by Speederino

Fortunately people have been very vocal in criticizing the limited crimes, so I imagine they learned from that mistake. Hopefully, anyway.

• 2 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NUXS8c5QatQ 

New trailer.

Looks good, but not getting super excited until they show off those new swinging mechanics that they said they would do. 

ooo Kraven the hunter, this ought to be interesting

Also you think that after a decade of being the only person making spidey games Beenox would have it down by now

Also you think that after a decade of being the only person making spidey games Beenox would have it down by now

For what it's worth, I think the web swinging was pretty good in Amazing, though I'm interested in seeing how they've changed it this time around. For now, I'm just glad it's attaching to buildings again!

The visuals seem a tad... underwhelming perhaps? Especially after seeing Arkham Origins' large open world landscape. It kinda looks blocky and undetailed in the texture department. Hm.

However visuals don't make a game (though they're a lovely addition!) so I'll await some gameplay to see how web swinging and combat works before calling judgement. Story looks interesting, hopefully it won't be as bland as "Meet Kraven - Get Mission in Enclosed Area - Complete Mission - Meet Kraven" which I'm pessimistically anticipating. 

• 1 month later...

Gameplay preview

God damn is that pop-up really visible and glaring, I hope that's the current-gen version. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Xbox One version of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has been delayed indefinitely. 

Activision has indefinitely delayed the Xbox One version of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

"We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One," the publisher confirmed in a statement issued to MCV. "When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD."

image_318794_fit_480.jpg

That's...random. I'm incredibly curious about what the reason is for the "indefinite" delay.

Kinect-only controls is the only reasonable theory of course