Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

Personally I wanted Annie to win, if not her then definitely Panzerfaust, but you don't see me getting hostile over something that was way out of a single person's hands.

Simply being apathetic and bitter about the game at this stage because your most desired choices didn't make the cut is pretty laughable Chooch, when you've basically given Skullgirl's shit ever since you purchased it day one anyway.

Considering the art style for the game is meant to carry that 2D grainy hand drawn vibe and was shown to be one of it's strongest features I fail to understand why you decided to get so invested into the game to begin with and continue to mope and moan about character selection and balance when Peacock was your only appeal to the game and even then you aren't entirely smitten with her either.

And no, I don't see Stanley's appeal either, Panzerfaust and Braindrain look way more appealing to me than some stubby little shark man.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Continue to mope and moan?" The only reason why I have even posted in this topic at all recently is because of the prospect of new playable characters. I bought the game despite disliking the art style because I thought that I'd enjoy the gameplay mechanics and Peacock specifically enough to warrant continued play.

I play fighting games a lot. I specifically enjoy fighting games a lot. I am willing to overlook various aspects of fighting games that I dislike for the sake of gameplay and specific characters that I may have taken a liking to. I don't fucking like the art style of the Arcana Heart series and I don't fucking like the character designs for the most part either. I still enjoy it a lot and I'm willing to play it because the gameplay allowed me to overlook the things that put me off. As it turns out, there wasn't enough there for me when it came to Skullgirls. That's it.

I didn't want to give up on the game because I spent $15 on it and because I thought that it was salvageable and had a lot of potential. Potential that could be realized with additional balance tweaks and some cool new characters. The fundraising campaign garnered a lot of interest from me because it was a great opportunity for me to get back into the game.

Shame on me for being a little disappointed when none of the characters that I took interest in playing ended up being chosen. Shame on me for being just the slightest bit fucking frustrated with my personal preferences for additional playable characters being lambasted by various competitive fighting game communities (and even on here). Shame on me for wanting a fucking reason to play the goddamn game, I guess.

I don't give a shit if I come across as whiny to you. I don't give a shit if you find my reasoning laughable (which plenty of people will tell you that it isn't). I don't think I'm being unfair and if this topic is just going to boil down to people getting on my case for being disappointed then I just won't fucking post in here anymore.

So I haven't played or kept up with this game at all, but with apparently weak character designs, weak story, and weak fighting game mechanics, why does anyone still even have an intrest in this game? Like honestly? From what I keep hearing of it, it hardly seems worth it

So I haven't played or kept up with this game at all, but with apparently weak character designs, weak story, and weak fighting game mechanics, why does anyone still even have an intrest in this game? Like honestly? From what I keep hearing of it, it hardly seems worth it

How exactly can you come to such a conclusion if you haven't played it? It's a solid fighter with some nice albeit top heavy characters for the most part, the only thing it's weak on is roster size and because of it, the stories tend to drop off into cliffhangers because the character's they introduce in the story arcs aren't playable and only serve as a massive cocktease at the end of each story as to what happens next.

The game is merely incomplete, but character designs are solely down to personal preference.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't know where you got the weak fighting game mechanics from, this game is probably one of the most faithful fighting games to date.

"Continue to mope and moan?" The only reason why I have even posted in this topic at all recently is because of the prospect of new playable characters. I bought the game despite disliking the art style because I thought that I'd enjoy the gameplay mechanics and Peacock specifically enough to warrant continued play.

I play fighting games a lot. I specifically enjoy fighting games a lot. I am willing to overlook various aspects of fighting games that I dislike for the sake of gameplay and specific characters that I may have taken a liking to. I don't fucking like the art style of the Arcana Heart series and I don't fucking like the character designs for the most part either. I still enjoy it a lot and I'm willing to play it because the gameplay allowed me to overlook the things that put me off. As it turns out, there wasn't enough there for me when it came to Skullgirls. That's it.

I didn't want to give up on the game because I spent $15 on it and because I thought that it was salvageable and had a lot of potential. Potential that could be realized with additional balance tweaks and some cool new characters. The fundraising campaign garnered a lot of interest from me because it was a great opportunity for me to get back into the game.

Shame on me for being a little disappointed when none of the characters that I took interest in playing ended up being chosen. Shame on me for being just the slightest bit fucking frustrated with my personal preferences for additional playable characters being lambasted by various competitive fighting game communities (and even on here). Shame on me for wanting a fucking reason to play the goddamn game, I guess.

I don't give a shit if I come across as whiny to you. I don't give a shit if you find my reasoning laughable (which plenty of people will tell you that it isn't). I don't think I'm being unfair and if this topic is just going to boil down to people getting on my case for being disappointed then I just won't fucking post in here anymore.

Don't worry Chooch, I understand you.

Aren't there going to be two other rounds for DLC characters?

Why do you have such a a weak opinion? Why is this such a weak post lacking entirely in content? Why don't you do some research of your own instead of filling an already volatile thread with more shite? 

The game plays like an MVC2/GG combination with built in infinite protection... one thing it doesn't have is weak mechanics. I'd talk more but I'm on the train to uni. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Haven't play? Keep Hearing? Do you automatically dismiss food without trying it for yourself? If So prepare to starve

Edited by LunarEdge

Why do you have such a a weak opinion? Why is this such a weak post lacking entirely in content? Why don't you do some research of your own instead of filling an already volatile thread with more shite? 

The game plays like an MVC2/GG combination with built in infinite protection... one thing it doesn't have is weak mechanics. I'd talk more but I'm on the train to uni. 

How exactly can you come to such a conclusion if you haven't played it? It's a solid fighter with some nice albeit top heavy characters for the most part, the only thing it's weak on is roster size and because of it, the stories tend to drop off into cliffhangers because the character's they introduce in the story arcs aren't playable and only serve as a massive cocktease at the end of each story as to what happens next.

The game is merely incomplete, but character designs are solely down to personal preference.

I don't know where you got the weak fighting game mechanics from, this game is probably one of the most faithful fighting games to date.

Haven't play? Keep Hearing? Do you automatically dismiss food without trying it for yourself? If So prepare to starve

D:

Yeaaaah that was probably one of the worst posts I made here, ill shut my mouth and try the game out for my self (eventually) before relying on bad word-of-mouth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Things are happening! The top 10 for the 2nd vote, and the final round is upon us!

R.I.P. Umbrella, you'll get your day in the sun.. someday...

• Aeon
  • Annie
  • Beowulf
  • B. Dahlia
  • Feng
  • Isaac
  • Minette
  • Panzerfaust
  • Stanley
  • Venus

Eliminated

• Scythana
  • Marie
  • Umbrella
  • Molly
  • Brain Drain
  • Taliesin
  • Ileum
  • D. Violet
  • Roxie
  • Beatrix

Overall a pretty good top10. I'm sad that Scythana's gone, but I'm thrilled that Isaac is still in! He was my #1 pick, and I'm not too confident that he'll win, but I'll sure as heck try! I'm pretty hyped for the conclusion!

For anyone interested in what I voted, here ya go;

92e87cbf1d7ada0d55aa4f12b6e6a159.png

The results are in... Our 2nd DLC character is:

tumblr_mmxpd3HtHs1rt2rfwo1_1280.jpg

Beowulf!

I'm pleased.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

I'm sad.

Me too, aw man.

Ah well, just gotta keep supporting the game so we can get more characters past Robo-Fortune or a sequel if they want to make one, at least I'm super hype for Big Band.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are the cameos from the people who donated:

iUghuoF.jpg

I recognize Matt and Woolie since I'm a fan of the Two Best Friends and also Zone-tan, well, you could say that I'm also a fan of Zone.

No idea who the other dudes are though.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Skeleton guy looks similar to one of Marie's goons, and the blue haired girl looks like a gijinka of some kind.

The guy on the far right is very boring..

By the way, I don't think it's been posted yet but the full release of the Steam version is 22nd of August. That means Squigly will be fully done by then and in the console version before too much longer!

Zone tan looks pretty sexy, don't know who the fuck are the other guys, but the blue hair girl and the skull dude are pretty neat.

Waiting for the DLCs smile.png

Edited by Jango

• 3 months later...

So I beat Jin pretty hard today with Miss Fortune and Cerebella that it was so lolworthy. But we were evenly matched for the most part though so yeah. I might main Double, dunno yet since I'd like to think I'm good with everyone.

Also if your getting the F2P version well no Squiggly for you.

People still play Skull Girls?

I still play it. Seems to be one of the few fighters that has a regular online community in australia, even if ~80% of the people playing are gods.