Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

Mane6 got the engine, and Robo-Fortune(character, stage and story) was funded. Four hours left. Current total: $773,663.

Edited by Jango

I admit, I'm kind of a cynical guy when it comes to funding like these, so I'm impressed it got so much money this fast. I guess I underestimated the power of fandoms once again. :P

As someone who's been following news on Fighting is Magic since it's days as a MLP:FiM Fangame, I'm pretty happy to see that they'll be able to use the engine.

As for Robo Fortune... I'm actually very interested in seeing how she plays, assuming she's not a clone of Ms. Fortune. Also I could have sworn the game's creators said that they wouldn't do a story mode for Robo-Fortune... Not that I'm complaining anyway. I'm pretty interested in seeing what comes out of that as well.

Edited by MAYHEM!

Final amount earned: $829,829

Holy fuck shit.

We actually got 5 new characters

And they're still accepting Paypal donations (which still will give you the rewards) for 2 weeks, so if they can raise 21k within that time, 5-7 new stages and 5 new story modes!

Also:

3Es0TAW.jpg

Edited by PSI Aqua
  • Thumbs Up 3

My friend who is in the army... donated $250  and he doesnt even play the game XD Good going bro

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51825339&postcount=4335

Writing up a post-campaign update right now, but thought I'd throw this out there...

Non-disclosure agreements with the powers that be prevent me from getting too specific, but in the last week one of our character development line items has evaporated. This means we’ve got an additional $40,000 to play with now.

Naturally we’ll be using this money to give the 2nd fan-selected Mysterious Character a stage and story mode.

Wondering what this means?

@akouzmanoff

It means that first-party submission fees for a platform are being waived or discounted because _someone_ is a bro.

FUCK YEAR 5 NEW STORY MODES AND 7 STAGES

Edited by PSI Aqua

Minette is the only character I care about.

Everyone else looks too boring and run-of-the-mill to me.

I want Minette too...anyone know when we can actually vote

I want Minette too...anyone know when we can actually vote

According to an official livestream I saw the other day, the polls are supposed to come up on Monday.

Everyone should be voting for science shark.

I wanna vote for Minette because Stanley will probably make it anyway... might as well show other characters some love

So it looks like one of the characters, Juju, has been disqualified due to some legal issues. Apparently, from what I've gathered, Juju is based off of a fan's OC.

So instead, they've replaced Juju with a character who may end up being Skullgirl's first guest character, Zone-tan.

Here's some info from one of the game's developers on Tumblr.

I don't really know much about Zone-tan or the source material she came from (Other than it can have a tenancy to be... nsfw,ph34r.png ) But she seems to be an interesting character. What do you guys think? Excited? Dissapointed by Juju's disqualification? Meh?

Edited by MAYHEM!

It didn't have me going for even a moment. Even if Juju is disqualified they'll just redesign her at a later date.

April Fools' aside, are you sure that blog belongs to a developer of Skullgirls? I can't see anywhere on that blog which suggests so.

Oh God, it started.

But if this is not an April Fools' prank, then... Zone-tan's inclusion will make this game rise even more, RISE, if you know what I mean. Sadly(or not) I can imagine her animations and supers. Hmmmm.

OK LET'S PUT OUR HEADS ON PLACE FOR A SECOND, MATES. OF COURSE THIS SHIT IS FAKE.

But I wouldn't mind her inclusion at all, dem tentacles

nopenopenopestopitjango

Edited by Jango

It didn't have me going for even a moment. Even if Juju is disqualified they'll just redesign her at a later date.

April Fools' aside, are you sure that blog belongs to a developer of Skullgirls? I can't see anywhere on that blog which suggests so.

FAK. I hate April fools... If I could, I'd beat it mercilessly with a baseball bat for fooling me every year.  

However, I am pretty sure runner of the blog really is a part of someone who works on Skullgirls, but probably not a developer. (If by developer you're thinking of one of the heads of the project.) I think either an animator or a programmer. He's been giving information about the DLC characters for quite some time as soon (or even a little bit before.) They were revealed. 

Edited by MAYHEM!

FAK. I hate April fools... If I could, I'd beat it mercilessly with a baseball bat for fooling me every year.  

However, I am pretty sure runner of the blog really is a part of someone who works on Skullgirls, but probably not a developer. (If by developer you're thinking of one of the heads of the project.) I think either an animator or a programmer. He's been giving information about the DLC characters for quite some time as soon (or even a little bit before.) They were revealed. 

I've been checking the Skullgirls tag on Tumblr quite a lot during the fundraiser, he had never revealed anything we didn't already know, if not it's his own speculation. He's just a big fan, I think.

Juju isn't on the character description list so I don't know what's up.

She's skipping out this round due to legal difficulties, with any luck she'll participate in the vote for character #5.

First round of votes are in for the fan chosen DLC character. Here's your top 16 in alphabetical order:

Aeon / エイオン

Annie / アニー

B. Dahlia / ブラック・ダリア

Beowulf / ベオウルフ

Brain Drain / ブレイン・ドレイン

Eliza / イライザ

Feng / フェン

Isaac / アイザック

Marie / マリー

Minette / ミネット

Molly / モリー

Panzerfaust / パンツァーファウスト

Scythana / サイサナ

Stanley / スタンレー

Umbrella / アンブレラ

Venus / ヴィーナス

Let's go, Stanley.

Good to see 3 of my top four are in the list. Though even if none my three are picked, I wont be too disappointed, since i think the rest would bring in something interesting to the game. 

Round 2 over.... I missed the voting but Minette made it so I'm Happy

Aeon
Annie
Beowulf
Eliza
Isaac
Minette
Panzerfaust
Stanley

Round 3 starts tonight... look out for them emails

Edited by LunarEdge

I don't really know who will win. It's a huge toss up.

I still want Stanley the most tho'.

I still want Stanley the most tho'.

Same. Why would I want any of these other jokers when I could play as a bipedal shark with khakis and a lab coat?

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1