Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

I can't imagine playing fighting games with a keyboard.

Anyway, I picked this up on XBLA while I had the chance. I can't tell what's happening on screen half the time. Also I suck at it. I'm so used to BlazBlue and how it works that these different-ish mechanics are screwing me up.

I don't even know why the keyboard complaint exists. Just buy a controller to stick into your computer and problem solved. You buy 'em for consoles, the same can apply for PCs.

I fucking hate using a keyboard to play my games, I prefer the feeling of a controller.

It just sucks we won't be getting Squiggly any time soon.

I can't imagine playing fighting games with a keyboard.

Fuck keyboard, I just use my stick all day everyday.

screw you guys, stop making me feel insecure about my choices before I punch you all in the face really hard

In all seriousness though, I probably should switch to my controller sometime soon. I really want to play as Big Band, but I found myself getting my ass kicked by Marie in the beta, all because I can't get the moves down very well on the Keyboard. I'm not the best at fighting games, but I don't think really think I suck at them though. 

I'd get a stick, since that's probably the best way to go, but I have no desire to spend what little money I have on one game for the PC.

Don't get a stick unless you think you're gonna be in for the long haul, as in you're gonna be playing more than one fighter and feel like it'd be a good investment and beneficial. Besides I know people who are godlike on pad so it doesn't really matter.

PS3 controllers work too!? Honestly it's like no one even tries

You have to see me on Darkstalkers with a keyboard.

Being able to do half of those moves on a keyboard is an accomplishment.

Not a true keyboard warrior until you're busting out 360s and Geese Howard pretzels. Arcade-Stick-DL.pngArcade-Stick-Hcb.pngArcade-Stick-DR.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Do I get my money back?

If this is re: being taken off PSN I'm 99% sure you can play the game in the interim, I have both Triggerheart Excelica and Marble Blast on 360 which were both delisted and they still play fine, it just means no one can buy the game new.

Yeah I still have OutRun Online on X360 and those few people who own the game on my friendlist can still play private matches.

Just mostly the servers are dead since the game is not available any more, it's licensing expired or something.

HOLY HELL LOOK AT BIG BAND.

Just wonderful, that Brass Knuckle move is glorious haha, I really like it. When is he releasing/Did he release?

He's not released yet, this video just proves his unfinished state, even Squiggly needs finishing first some of her dodge/dash moves are still uncoloured, Big Band isn't even 30% complete yet, he's still lacking a large amount of his combo's.

I think that BETA players get to play as them, I'm not sure.

He's not released yet, this video just proves his unfinished state, even Squiggly needs finishing first some of her dodge/dash moves are still uncoloured, Big Band isn't even 30% complete yet, he's still lacking a large amount of his combo's.

Yeah, we're allowed to play as Big Band.

Naw Squiggly is totally finished, only reason she's not available on consoles yet is all the Konami crap.

And yeah Big Band is playable in the endless beta, have yet to try him out for myself though.

Must be an old video that Remz linked to then, since Squiggly is incomplete in some of her frames.

I'm wondering if Konami pull Skullgirls from consoles, could Lab Zero perhaps re-release it onto consoles as a patch for pre-existing owners of the game? I guess they'll be presented with problems why they can't do it I guess, sucks since we were promised Squiggly and an Art Gallery viewer, both of which never came to fruition... 

The least they could do is give owners of the console version, a free Steam code for the PC version along with Squiggly as a sort of "thanks for being an early adopter, please take this as thanks".

Yeah Sony are going to try and give the new version of the game for free to owners of the original and the new version will include Squiggly, but it could be a confusing process as according to Sony nothing of this nature has ever happened before.

So all we can do is pray that it turns out ok 8( it sounds like Sony have been extremely helpful so I can hope that at the very least things will be ok on the PSN side of things.

in the long term, it really should be ok on 360 too, that mostly just depends on how helpful Microsoft feel like being.

Also if worse comes to worst and it doesn't get put back up on 360, you can often get the game for dirt cheap on Steam assuming you have that.

I might pick it up on Steam sometime since I got my 360 controller working the other night on my laptop, maybe play a few rounds with you guys if you're up for it? c:

I might pick it up on Steam sometime since I got my 360 controller working the other night on my laptop, maybe play a few rounds with you guys if you're up for it? c:

Soniko chan is going to play on Steam!? D: Oh boy, I actually have Skull Girls on Steam, look forward to seeing you online if you do. :P

Heck yeah, but you'll probably have to wait a little while longer for me to get a laptop that actually works-

• 6 months later...

Whoooa this thread is pretty thread-dead. It's a dead thread. The threaded is dead. Fear not, I am here to revitalise the girls of Skull!

Behold! PS4 and Vita versions of Skullgirls Encore, with all DLC included! Coming later this year. Will it come to other platforms? Who knows, but I doubt it. The PlayStation blog awkwardly says Skullgirls Encore is coming "exclusively to PS4 and Vita" when we all know it's already on PS3, PC and 360. Perhaps they just mean, in terms of 8th gen? Either way, they made a good decision because it's clear that dealing with Microsoft has been a nightmare for their transitions and DLC. PS definitely seems like the place to be for indie fighters right now.

Also, since this thread was last active, Big Band is fully out, Eliza is almost done, Beowulf is in pre-production, etc etc.

• Thumbs Up 1