Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

OH HELL. I downloaded the Steam version but my keyboard literally goes nuts when I try to play. Character keeps jumping. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN. D:

So I beat Jin pretty hard today with Miss Fortune and Cerebella that it was so lolworthy. But we were evenly matched for the most part though so yeah. I might main Double, dunno yet since I'd like to think I'm good with everyone.

Your lag is ATROCIOUS dude. And Cerebella makes it no better.

andit'sstill6-3

OH HELL. I downloaded the Steam version but my keyboard literally goes nuts when I try to play. Character keeps jumping. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN. D:

Got a controller?

Edited by 王 Lelouch Lamperouge (Jin)

Your lag is ATROCIOUS dude. And Cerebella makes it no better.

andit'sstill6-3

Got a controller?

Whole fight=random button presses lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Konami is going to remove Skullgirls from Xbox Live and PSN

"tl;dr, Following Lab Zero ceasing relations with Konami, Konami has asked for Skullgirls to be de-listed from PSN and XBLA on the 17th and 31st of this month, respectively. Mike is working really hard to get a build through QA to be published by Autumn Games (PS3 EU PS3 NA)/Marvelous AQL (360)/CyberFront (PS3-Japan), but details are sketchy. One of the reasons a new build is necessary is that if SG keeps using the same Communications ID for the game, Konami would be able to shut the game down whenever it wants."

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/konami-console-updates-you-will-want-to-read.1156/

"Please, don't talk shit about Konami online. It isn't going to change anything, makes us look bad, and makes them think that they've made the right decision. Nothing good will be achieved by ripping into the powerless intern managing Konami's twitter account, etc."

Yeah I heard about this. It's just another reason to completely give up on the shitty console version (and this game entirely for me).

Unless you want to buy the PC version, yes. If you're on PS3 then you have even less time since it'll be removed next week.

It really is tragic. Honestly I think if it was just managed better it could have had a really good run, because the mechanics in their current state on PC are really fun (note: I am nowhere near good enough to be competitive in this game)

It sucks. So many people I know are completely disinterested in the PC version for some bizarre reason yet really, really want to play it with the new changes. To be honest though, even if it goes to console with the new stuff I can't see the community blowing up all of a sudden, it aseems a little late for this game to get huge, they've lost momentum so many times.

I just wish the seemingly collossal tumblr community/fan community for this game were more interested in playing the game instead of literally everything else about it. If even a fraction of the people drawing art, posting art and discussion plot points/characters jumped online for a couple fights the game would be booming.

People primarily interested in story elements and characters are almost always too lazy to properly learn how to play a fighting game. The topic made on this very forum "Are fighting games too complicated?" is the perfect example.

It doesn't matter how many tutorials you throw at them, they just aren't going to bother taking the time if it's not Smash Bros.

I guess you're right. No matter what you do some people will just refuse to learn. Wistful sigh. I was really banking on the cute art/relatively accessible fighting combined with the ludicrous levels of hype generated by the kickstarter making the game take off.

I completely forgot about that thread, lol. Now having read the whole thing again I'm completely filled with despair. Absolute despair. The worst is that since it was made, pretty much nothing has changed to make the situation any better. Oh well. I can at least hope sometime in the future people start taking fighters a little seriously and stop expecting wins handed to them on a plate.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's not gonna happen unless people stop thinking the FGC are a bunch of elitists who don't know how to have fun unless they're bodying people.

We are a misunderstood race.

That's not gonna happen unless people stop thinking the FGC are a bunch of elitists who don't know how to have fun unless they're bodying people.

We are a misunderstood race.

I thought that once.... then joined dustloop, otaku shit everywhere. They're pretty chill overall, the guys in the Noel forum were very welcoming and helped me out a ton, I don't think I'd be playing like I currently am if I hadnt asked questions.

I don't really give a shit about the competitive side of things, I like the characters and story, but that doesn't mean I'm bad at "fighting games" I've logged 130+ hours into the X360 version alone, I won't make the move to PC because I fucking hate using a keyboard to play my games, I prefer the feeling of a controller.

It just sucks we won't be getting Squiggly any time soon.

I don't really give a shit about the competitive side of things, I like the characters and story, but that doesn't mean I'm bad at "fighting games" I've logged 130+ hours into the X360 version alone, I won't make the move to PC because I fucking hate using a keyboard to play my games, I prefer the feeling of a controller.

It just sucks we won't be getting Squiggly any time soon.

ahhh I hope it didn't sound like I was implying everyone that isn't super competitive is bad. My issue is more with fans that barely play at all. Regardless of skills.

Also agree keyboard is awful for SG, but I don't think it's a strike against the pc version of the game.

I always hook in controllers / sticks which is thankfully super easy

• Thumbs Up 1

No it's ok, I'm not super huge on fighters anyway, but like you said the game's characters and visual style is appealing enough to draw me into the genre and I still had my fun with it, milking 130+ hours out of the console version is proof enough of it for me, but I would play the PC version but I can never get my 360 controller hooked up to my laptop for some reason.

It baffles me how people can play competitively with a keyboard, especially when most of the damage dealing moves and combo chainers are stuff with quarter back/front turn and rush moves, just sounds like a clunky mess with a keyboard if I'm honest.

No it's ok, I'm not super huge on fighters anyway, but like you said the game's characters and visual style is appealing enough to draw me into the genre and I still had my fun with it, milking 130+ hours out of the console version is proof enough of it for me, but I would play the PC version but I can never get my 360 controller hooked up to my laptop for some reason.

It baffles me how people can play competitively with a keyboard, especially when most of the damage dealing moves and combo chainers are stuff with quarter back/front turn and rush moves, just sounds like a clunky mess with a keyboard if I'm honest.

Somehow... Crow plays SF on keyboard... I just don't even.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is your 360 controller wired/laptop have the newest drivers?

At the end of the day the main reason I don't play Skullgirls is because I don't actually like much of anything about it. *shrugs*

Somehow... Crow plays SF on keyboard... I just don't even.

You have to see me on Darkstalkers with a keyboard.

Being able to do half of those moves on a keyboard is an accomplishment.