Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

I hope that either Sabine or Science Shark make the cut in the future.

Oh, and T.J MAXIMUM. That guy looks cool.

zUnkbr2.jpg

Edited by Tmsp

Wow, wow, wow, who's she??? She looks incredible, a pirate gal. It's an old skullgirl?

Edited by Jango

Wow, wow, wow, who's she??? She looks incredible, a pirate gal. It's an old skullgirl?

Her name is Sabine, I'm not even sure if she is a SG character, but hey, Panzerfaust did make the jump from another project into Skullgirls.

Alex Ahad created a shitload of characters but not every single of them are related to SG.

MGMBEut.jpg

As cool as Big Band looks kinda bummed he got a place in the game, you'd think the entire roster would be female if the game is called "Skullgirls", I'll feel awkward saying the name now when there's male characters in it.

Skullgendernonspecifics

I can't wait for the PC port. A keyboard is the closest thing I have to a arcade stick atm :U 

Edited by Solkia-kun

As cool as Big Band looks kinda bummed he got a place in the game, you'd think the entire roster would be female if the game is called "Skullgirls", I'll feel awkward saying the name now when there's male characters in it.

They always planned for male characters in Skullgirls. The game is called "Skullgirls" because the story primarily focuses on the Skull Heart and when a female makes a corrupt wish with it they become the Skull Girl. Not because there are only female playable characters.

And really, having only female playable characters does not make Skullgirls particularly unique or interesting when game series like Arcana Heart exist.

Edited by Chooch

They always planned for male characters in Skullgirls. The game is called "Skullgirls" because the story primarily focuses on the Skull Heart and when a female makes a corrupt wish with it they become the Skull Girl. Not because there are only female playable characters.

And really, having only female playable characters does not make Skullgirls particularly unique or interesting when game series like Arcana Heart exist.

Yet all the character's stories intertwine with the skull heart and it's wish, so if Big Band got it in his story then it wouldn't be a corrupt female wish but a male wish, which makes my original point still stand.

Skullgirls is however more memorable and has better character designs than Arcana Heart's generic animu girl roster.

I honestly don't know why you explained SG's story to me when I already knew it though.

Yet all the character's stories intertwine with the skull heart and it's wish, so if Big Band got it in his story then it wouldn't be a corrupt female wish but a male wish, which makes my original point still stand.

Skullgirls is however more memorable and has better character designs than Arcana Heart's generic animu girl roster.

I honestly don't know why you explained SG's story to me when I already knew it though.

Only girls can make a wish using the Skull Heart. I'm pretty sure Big Band's story will end with him fighting with Marie for some reason (probably while trying to kill the Medicis or something like that), but he can't do shit with the heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure Big Band is part of the group fighting against the Skull Girl anyway? He wouldn't be making a wish with the Skull Heart at all so that's completely irrelevant.

I think Skullgirls' character designs for the most part are garbage so at the end of the day it's about even with Arcana Heart in that regard, hahaha.

As for the last thing well.. You completely missed my point.

Edited by Chooch

I hated how vague the stories in the game were anyway, especially Ms.Fortune's and Peacock's cliff hanger endings, I honestly hope they plan on expanding and explaining the stories more as the game eventually grows.

I never bought the game for the story anyway. I bought it because I wanted to support a member of the FGC and I thought the game would be solid.

Ended up regretting my purchase.

I never bought the game for the story anyway. I bought it because I wanted to support a member of the FGC and I thought the game would be solid.

Ended up regretting my purchase.

The gameplay is pretty solid. The only problem I ever had with the game was the absence of a move list, but they already patched it.

I remember that the game also had some online problems, but that also got patched. I guess it was too late for some people though.

the game itself is still solid in my opinion, it just suffers from having not enough characters in it. 

this problem is amplified by the focus on 3v3 mvc style fighting - because there's only 9 characters there's very few teams that a viable which tends to make the game feel even more shallow in the roster department. If they could double the roster Skullgirls would be an amazing game i think.

the game itself is still solid in my opinion, it just suffers from having not enough characters in it. 

this problem is amplified by the focus on 3v3 mvc style fighting - because there's only 9 characters there's very few teams that a viable which tends to make the game feel even more shallow in the roster department. If they could double the roster Skullgirls would be an amazing game i think.

I wouldn't call it as much as a "focus" that it is an option.

The point is, it's there. I'd consider the 1v1 and 2v2 just as much an option as 3v3, considering the CVS ratio system in there. Perhaps focus is a bit strong, but I feel with how fleshed out the tag mechanics are this is meant to be a tag game.

I definitely don't see it as a 1v1 fighter- tag mode is way more fun.

if they're not going to do the mechanic right, why even include it? I love that SG at least gives you the option, even though I find myself playing 1vs1 more often. 

I really want to like this game, but it's simply WAY too difficult. As in, I thought Mortal Kombat was hard, but this....

difficult how so? Chaining moves, executing combos and etc is so easy in this game.

maybe easy to fighter veterans, but to people who are not used to those types of games, Skullgirls is one tough game, I think the tutorial speaks for itself actually.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh... I don't think the DLC characters will have a story mode. I meaaan, if they add Marie after all, who's she gonna fight last? Maybe if they add an exclusive new boss for her... hum...

I can honestly see Marie fighting herself actually, like her inner struggle against the corrupt Skullgirl version, these sort of games like to pull that shit :P

Playing a single character is always an option in Skullgirls, but the vast majority of players who know what they're doing are going to be picking at least two characters. Having assists is just.. always better. Skullgirls isn't too hard to learn (although it's definitely more difficult to learn than Mortal Kombat at a basic level), but it's also a very unforgiving game with a totally obnoxious combo system. Also the DLC characters get their own stories. This has already been confirmed.

Speaking of DLC, why didn't you guys link the donation drive page? Without monetary support, this game will never get any new content!

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Im not sure if this was posted, but here is a list of silhouettes for a possible third downloadable character:

5AkAu3C.png

Also, guess who will get a cameo in a stage:

2HIfjHC.png

• Thumbs Up 1