Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

Soo, any news about the EU Psn release date?

Ravidrath said they are trying to put it up before the month ends some weeks ago, so I tought something about the date would be stated by now.

And no I don't buy things online so I can't get it at the US Psn store.

Downloaded it because, why the hell not. Also downloaded those move list PDFs and noticed that none of the tech commands really overlap. That is VERY nice.

Just finished the story mode for all characters, certainly had some trouble beating Marie as Parasoul... she's definitely not my type of character, but breezed through it as Double, as expected she/he/it? is a powerhouse with crazy reach across the battlefield

got to say i feel really bad for Painwheel... her story and Valentines is just so sad for her outcome.. the only story she sees solace in is Filia's which was nice.

so far i can't put this game down omg, 2 achievements off a full list, hoping the move list and artwork from the story get patched into the next update, also can't wait for Squigly and Umbrella DLC, in fact there is so much potential for DLC characters in this game, you can tell some of the NPC Story characters have had loads of thought put into their designs and they could easily be DLC characters in the future, heres hoping.

also Peacock's Monochrome palette...omg <3

• Thumbs Up 1

I have yet to finish story mode with Painwheel, I can't even win against the first character in her story lol. I did everyone else except Valentine and Double. I sure do hope every dlc character will have their own stories too.

I suppose I should ask because it's probably my Derp-Fu playing me up again but:

I actually find Ms. Fortune harder than Bloody Marie, with every character, although some characters I do also struggle with Marie.

I must be doing it wrong, I just can't work out how or why. I'm playing in Sleepwalk mode because as previously discussed I'm a massive scrub. :P

I have yet to finish story mode with Painwheel, I can't even win against the first character in her story lol. I did everyone else except Valentine and Double. I sure do hope every dlc character will have their own stories too.

Well Umbrella was in Parasoul's story, so she'll most likely have her own story when she goes missingin Parasoul's story.

I can foresee Minette (w/e she's called, the wish girl in Ms Fortune's story) being a future DLC idea too, she stands out from the other NPC's in the story (along with that medici bodyguard Peacock begins to fight at the end of her story)

i honestly hope every character gets a story continuation too, leaving the cliff hanger of minette being abducted and Ms.Fortune teaming up with the detective leaves me craving more, and Peacock too.

you can't play Valentine till you beat everyone else's story, then you unlock Valentine, when you beat her's THEN you unlock Double and the true ending.

Painwheel confuses me, she seems has the appearance of a nimble rush down character, yet she's slow and her attacks are delayed, but pack a punch, she seems to be resistant to damage too, it takes a lot to stagger or even knock her off her feet, she's incredibly powerful though.

I suppose I should ask because it's probably my Derp-Fu playing me up again but:

I actually find Ms. Fortune harder than Bloody Marie, with every character, although some characters I do also struggle with Marie.

I must be doing it wrong, I just can't work out how or why. I'm playing in Sleepwalk mode because as previously discussed I'm a massive scrub. tongue.png

you aren't the only One

my top 3 loathed characters to play against (in order)

Marie

Ms.Fortune

Double

Marie because she does no real fighting herself, she just sends in her overpowered skull clusters in phase 1, and mini skulls to disrupt combos

in phase 2 she sends in her stupid ass black silhouette high punch and kicks, she also spawns those exploding skeletons which do a TON of damage, and phase 3 she darts about the playfield, IN THE AIR whilst spamming you with everything...ugh.

Ms.Fortune always traps me in the corner and combo's my ass into a blockbuster, and when i'm summoning my own blockbusters, she rolls her head at me, this is the worst thing because if your standing near her head, she can also attack you from behind your block if her body fails

Double... need i say more? she traps you in the corner, air combo's you and uses her Peacock Car Super which decimates 1/4 of your life every time it connects.

so i feel your pain

i've gotten used to Peacock's zoning gameplay, i notice there is a gap between her overhead throw and bomb runner so i can get in close and lay the smackdown on her sufficiently

Edited by Peacock
  • Thumbs Up 1

ProTip against Marie: Pay attention to her lines. She usually let's you know when she's going to do something you seriously ought to block, but in the third phase all bets are off. You'd better just master aerial attacks, because that teeny tiny hit box is SUCH a pain in the ass.

As for Ms Fortune, you want to be jumping like a pogo stick and get good at timing your air attacks, and SERIOUSLY jump out of range when she starts blocking. Those double jumps, air dashes and flight (for a select few characters) are super useful against that frustrating feline.

Common mistakes when fighting Marie: not realizing that her skull flashes red not only when you hit it, but also when she's about to attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Common mistakes when fighting Marie: not realizing that her skull flashes red not only when you hit it, but also when she's about to attack.

i didn't notice that, now i don't even need to know when she's planning to attack, it just comes naturally and i can beat her with ease, normally when your unloading a crouch to high kick combo on her she sends a skull cluster whilst your recovering from your attack which you can't block, so i tend to cancel mid-HK and Crouch Block.

speaking of blocking, new players should definitely try out the Blocking tutorial in Training mode, the information you acquire from that lesson will help you GREATLY in phase 2 of Marie's battle against her High and Low Silhouette attacks.

when you see it jump up, IMMEDIATELY Stand and Block, as it connects from above, move into a crouch block to block the stomp also

same goes for when you see her silhouette drop down, this time CROUCH Block as the figure comes from beneath you.

you can normally just run out of the hit radius but Marie in phase 2 tends to close the gap between you so you can barely move anyway

note: she normally says something when she's about to attack you with a heavy hitter anyway.

and remember folks, blind rage gets you nowhere in this fight, its really pull a few jabs at her, and block her moves... oh and also avoid her fucking skeletons spawning in phase 2/3 because they do a ton of damage for standing traps.

*puffs Cigar*

:That's a Wrap!: TITS

Edited by Peacock

Painwheel confuses me, she seems has the appearance of a nimble rush down character, yet she's slow and her attacks are delayed, but pack a punch, she seems to be resistant to damage too, it takes a lot to stagger or even knock her off her feet, she's incredibly powerful though.

Yeah Painwheel is basically this game's Sentinel. Flight mode, slow, hard hitting. There's also some Ragna/Sol mixed in: her hatred install (blood kain/dragon install). She's pretty good but damn hard to play as.

just got my final achievement for Skullgirls, man what a game

the nod to other franchises in this game is brilliant and greatly appreciated, especially the colour palette's based off famous icons around the world be it Filia's Hatsune Miku to Ms.Fortunes Morrigan Palette from Darkstalkers, utterly brilliant

if anyone is having trouble with the 360 Achievements i can offer my help

keep it real guys!

*Tap dances and is pulled through a hole by the show cane*

if anyone is having trouble with the 360 Achievements i can offer my help

Why, yes. Could you please translate the Achievement descriptions from Vague to English. I would like to know what I'm asked to do before randomly playing lots of matches in the hopes of unlocking them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why, yes. Could you please translate the Achievement descriptions from Vague to English. I would like to know what I'm asked to do before randomly playing lots of matches in the hopes of unlocking them.

Entire Achievement list break down for you wise guys out there.

• Threads of Fate (30 points):
    Follow all threads of fate to their inevitable conclusions.

Complete Everyone's Story mode and unlock the true ending
    • Sküllgirls (20 points):
      Graduation day has arrived at last! Mrs. Victoria’s so proud of you.

Complete all of the Training Room tutorials
      • Prolix (20 points):
        Words are fun – expand your vocabulary.

this one takes time, each time you start a combo the combo counter pops up at the side, when the time for the combo meter expires (normally a second or 2 depending on your character's recovery time between hits) it gives you a rating (kinda like MvsC's words, the bigger the combo chain, the bigger and better the word) you've basically got to see as many different words as you can, things like for a 7 combo chain you get "Lucky", 18 combo chain "Barely Legal", 9 combo chain "Naughty!" etc. for higher combo's in the 60-80 chains using Parasoul's 3rd Special where she summons the Egrates firing squad can net you an easy 60 chain, Peacock's Argus Agony attack can net you a 30-35 combo chain and so on, basically when the game thinks you've seen enough word combinations, the achievement will ping.
        • An Ensemble Cast (10 points):
          There may be no I in “team,” but there is in “variety.”

This one can be confusing, its something to do with a 3 vs 3 match, when assigning player assists (when your partner jumps in to attack and jumps back out again) you have 2 preset options or you can create your own, basically you need to keep randomizing 3 players with custom assists, i also used every character in a 1 vs 1 local match too, after about 7 matches of randomized players with custom assists it should ping

• Instant Hair Dash (15 points):
            Let your parasite feel the wind between his tendrils.

This is a Filia achievement, you know in tutorial where it teaches you the air dash cancels to supers? well the easiest way to get this is set up a 2 vs 2 local match, set it to Sparring mode, put your opponent in the corner and launch your opponent up and MK them then immediately air dash back and attack again DO NOT FORGET TO AIR DASH otherwise simply mashing the MK won't count, rinse and repeat and it should ping after about 30 tries, remember its hard to tell if you air dash in this combo so just push forward a lot after MK

• Real Circus Damage (15 points):
              And now, for the main attraction… Grappling!

this is simple, Cerebella's Show stopper Super, you know where she grabs you and bashes you around before impaling you on her blade, just keep doing that in sparring mode (none of these achievements unlock in training mode, has to be local matches or online matches, easiest is local ofc) to execute show stopper Rotate analogue in full circle and LP+LK

This is Double's achievement, you basically need to create a combo using all 7 characters as double, easiest way to do it is get your opponent in the corner on sparring in 1 vs 1 local

then do the following as fast as you can

HP (Cerebella Titan Knuckles)

LK (Valentine low kick)

MK (Filia)

MK ( Parasoul)

HK ( Ms.Fortune Cat scratch Launch)

JUMP

HP (Painwheel)

and cancel into HK (Peacock)

you should have about an 11 combo chain

rinse and repeat

hello full achievement list

you can thank me later Suckas~ *puffs cigar*

The Kitchen Sink (15 points):
Throw everything at them, including…

Peacock's air summon where she comically drops items from above, there are 3 stages to it light, medium and heavy attacks depending on how long you hold the button, you can tell each stage by a "!" on the shadow beneath the opponent, basically throw everything at your opponent in sparring mode think the list is something like this

light; flower pot

Fish

bowling ball

tea cup

medium: spiked ball and chain

Peacock friend one (Anvil)

Peacock Friend two (The Weight)

TV 1 - ( has a 'A' face on it)

TV 2 - (Filia comes out the TV, Parody of "The Ring")

TV 3 - ( a picture of Andy, the little bird friend of Peacock)

Kitchen Sink

Oil Drum with Chicken inside (Parody of Streets of Rage)

Heavy; Piano

Elephant

Easter Island Head

weights and spiked balls cluster (Parody of Hsien-Ko from Darkstalkers)

Fridge Monster

Steam Roller (Parody of the "WRRRRRRRRRRY!! meme, Andy even screams WRRRRRRRY and stomps on the Steam Roller several times)

it should ping once you've thrown everything, the Kitchen Sink takes a while to spawn so keep at it.

[*]Good Hunting, Commander (15 points):

A good commander knows how to wield her forces effectively.

spam Parasoul's Egrate soldiers, simply step back until her front foot is behind then push forward to execute summon, there are three

(Charge (do what i mentioned above) Forward + MK

(Charge) Forward + LK

(Charge) Forward + HK

summon them enough and it should ping, they say some funny stuff so its not as boring as it seems

[*]Getting A Head In the Game (15 points):

[*]Sometimes you just need to relax and take the weight off your shoulders.

Ms.Fortune's Achievement, simply have a total time of an Hour with her head on the ground

[*]My Pain Will Be Visited Upon You (15 points):

Sometimes you can take it, and sometimes you just want to lash out.

one of Painwheel's Supers is to unleash her drive, when she does this she flashes red, you need to have Player 2 hit you as you you hold HP the damage they do to you transfers to your power and deals double the damage back to them, spam it and when you've accumulated enough damage it'll ping, can be done in sparring mode (to execute her rage drive, clockwise circle on analogue the MP+LP)

[*]Sometimes you can take it, and sometimes you just want to lash out.

[*]Medical Board Will Be Notified (15 points):

Your opponents aren’t the only ones under the knife.

2 vs 2 local match, you need to deactivate sparring mode so you can actually kill one player, choose anyone, and make your second choice Valentine, have player 2 kill your chosen "Death" character and have player 2 stand near the corpse, when Valentine appears, if you have 5 bars of special, execute your tag out and she'll basically get defibrillators out and revive your fallen alley, when you do this make sure you shock player 2 and revive your team mate, pause and activate sparring mode, then pause again and de-activate it so you can get 5 bars back again, rinse and repeat, this is a boring and time consuming achievement

[*]Toil and Trouble (15 points):

A sesquidecemvir of seven simulacra synergizing simultaneously.

Edited by Peacock
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was a bit sceptical with the demo, but after a while I caved in and well, damn... I should of bought it earlier.

As a big Fighting game fan Skullgirls is a very refreshing title for me. Even if most of it was influenced by other fighters this just feels great to play. Only problem with it for me so far is those loading screens.

Welp!

I'm increasing the masochism factor.

I'm upgrading the difficulty from Sleepwalk to Easy Normal.

ohnoes

EDIT: I'm definitely noticing a ramp-up in the amount I need to concentrate when playing as I up the difficulty.

Edited by Velotix von Skruviktorrius

Welp!

I'm increasing the masochism factor.

I'm upgrading the difficulty from Sleepwalk to Easy.

ohnoes

i found it doesn't really matter what setting you have it on, its still a challenge regardless xD

I wonder it is with fighting games and having wonky difficulty. Considering their dedication, they'd probably adjust it with their first patch, though.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

From what I can tell the difficulty settings are actually pretty good in Skullgirls - the higher you ramp it up the less likely the computer is to ignore a mistake rather than punish it and this is actually all that changes and all that needs to change because it makes a massive difference to how the game plays and how alert you have to be to succeed.

Of course that still means that the easiest difficulty still expects basic competence out of the player which up until now has been a rare novelty in a fighter. ;)

Arcade mode AI at least. I don't know what it is with Capcom and their arcade mode AI going from rock stupid to broken IN THE SAME DIFFICULTY SETTING.

After having gotten the game and had more time with it and the characters, I've come to the conclusion that the tag-team mechanic doesn't mesh with the game and it's clear that it's just "there" because it's the popular thing to do. Having a match with any side having three characters feels completely arbitrary and weirdly balanced. The meta-game feels all over the place and it doesn't feel like it's designed from a team-fighter standpoint like MvC3 or Street Fighter x Tekken.

While I was also sort of defensive of the character roster at first it's pathetic to look at it. This game seriously needs more characters. There's not much leeway here for even the most casual matches to play out where I just pick characters to fuck around with.

Also Cerebella is still fucking ridiculous. Her only weakness seems to be counterpicks. Christina Vee and Mike Z is a match made in hell.

Other than that I love playing the game but much of the content just seems phoned in. It's like MvC3. Love the mechanics and game play which is what I'll be here for, hate all the content that's built to support it.

Yeah boi, I called it back on page 2.

There are a lot of things about this game's style that still kinda bug me. I think having such diverse characters actually works against the game in a funny way, with only 8 characters I imagine a lot of people will find maybe one who they actually like. It kinda happened with Blazblue for me and a friend, the game eventually turned into "Tager mirror match: The Game" because we both liked Tager.

Does anyone really like Double? Did that character really need to be included? It's kind of hard to be intimidated by something that you could kill by throwing salt at it.

A random detail: I believe that Ms. Fortune's level 3 is based on one of the Ajim's (Virtual On 2) special attacks, specifically the self destruct attack, it costs all three of your weapon bars and half your health, but it will all but take out your opponent if they're anywhere in its enormous radius. If you don't, they'll probably take you out during the reassembly period the attack comes with. A funny thing to do is start the attack's charge while behind cover so they try and chase you and don't have enough time to get away once they see the tell tale signs.

Edited by LunarEdge

Does anyone really like Double? Did that character really need to be included? It's kind of hard to be intimidated by something that you could kill by throwing salt at it.

A lot of people online appear to be loving her R Mika buttslam assist, but I agree, definitely the least appealing character. I like the rest of the cast though, for what it is worth.