Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

If anyone cares to play this silly game with me then they're more than welcome to.

Just don't expect me to be that good because I don't take this game that seriously.

Double is also fucking gross. That's one time I wish the animation and art detail wasn't so great.

Playing this game more really brings into question a lot of design choices that quite frankly piss me off.

Also, I've given up on Ms. Fortune for now. I'm soloing Peacock which has brought me far more success.

Playing this game more really brings into question a lot of design choices that quite frankly piss me off

such as? just visual stuff or gameplay as well?

I really don't see what you mean about the tag system being tacked on (was that you?) .... works just as good as any other tag game. with custom assists, quite frankly i think it works better.

Double is also fucking gross. That's one time I wish the animation and art detail wasn't so great.

When you look closely at Painwheel, you'll see Double as a cute kitty.

Playing this game more really brings into question a lot of design choices that quite frankly piss me off.

Also, I've given up on Ms. Fortune for now. I'm soloing Peacock which has brought me far more success.

I'd recommend using a get off me assist for Peacock such as Parasoul's HK napalm pillar. Or you could use Cerebella's anti air command grab, works insanely nicely for Peacock.

so i didn't see this coming, but i've Mained Ms.Fortune, and i've wiped everyone out on the hardest setting in Story AND Arcade, took myself online and i've beat everyone so far

wow.

Guess Cerebella isn't my main after all =S

SO i decided to DL Skullgilrs for shits and giggles...looked cool.

.......Holyshit....

Best....shit...EVER!

If this buzz keeps going...It might just beat Dead or Alive for me....

Edited by Voyant

SO i decided to DL Skullgilrs for shits and giggles...looked cool.

.......Holyshit....

Best....shit...EVER!

If this buzz keeps going...It might just beat Dead or Alive for me....

Shits and Giggles he says...

Why i oughta... *fist shake*

Oh Double...I may not main you.

But your so deliciously revolting...I have to Icon you.

Really though I don't get the Double hate...she is a great assist char and to be honest from what I played so far some characters are much better at just being assist than playing point (Double's Cerebella Assist is beast), but it all depends on what team your going for.

Just because she turns your stomach doesn't mean she bad...she has great range and can dominate the screen pretty easy. Also it terms of imitation characters... FINALLY a game gets it right....double has a lot of moves which characters that they themselves don't have...which makes her unique in her own right in a lot of ways.

Edited by Double

I honestly think every character has pretty good potential. Given the small roster, the characters are diverse enough to have fun with all of them, kinda like Blazblue.

Also it terms of imitation characters... FINALLY a game gets it right....double has a lot of moves which characters that they themselves don't have...which makes her unique in her own right in a lot of ways.

all of the characters Double imitates DO have that move themselves, the only moves the characters don't have are Double's Supers

Nope. I'm pretty sure the luger shot move as Parasol and the Cerebella buttslam are not usable as those two characters.

Nope. I'm pretty sure the luger shot move as Parasol and the Cerebella buttslam are not usable as those two characters.

that is correct sir. That's one of the things I like about Double, she takes the forms of all the other characters but changes their moves up a bit.

Edited by LunarEdge

Not sure I get how being inside out is supposed to be an asset, you lack the perks that come from having skin such as limited permeability and more consistent thermal management.

I also don't think any "shadow" character in a 2D game is ever going to touch the place in my heart that the Bal-Bados occupies.

I really don't see what you mean about the tag system being tacked on (was that you?) .... works just as good as any other tag game. with custom assists, quite frankly i think it works better.

It was I. Basically it seems like way too small a cast for it and aside from the custom action thing, it doesn't bring anything of its own. There also don't appear to be any team supers (whether simultaneous or cooperative), team super canceling, or any way to control both team members at once. Speaking of which, I also don't think this game allows two assists at once, correct?

Also a few of the upskirts/almost-upskirts in this game come off as really creepy. There's also a part of me that's not really too excited to play another Arc System Works style fighter.

Edited by Phos

It was I. Basically it seems like way too small a cast for it and aside from the custom action thing, it doesn't bring anything of its own. There also don't appear to be any team supers (whether simultaneous or cooperative), team super canceling, or any way to control both team members at once. Speaking of which, I also don't think this game allows two assists at once, correct?

Also a few of the upskirts/almost-upskirts in this game come off as really creepy.

do you mean two assist as in player 1 assist and player 2 assist at the same time? Or do you mean player 1 calls out assist 1 and 2 at the same time? Cuz if option 2 is the case, no fighter that I can recall let you do that

do you mean two assist as in player 1 assist and player 2 assist at the same time? Or do you mean player 1 calls out assist 1 and 2 at the same time? Cuz if option 2 is the case, no fighter that I can recall let you do that

No 2D fighter. I just played Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm the other day which lets you do that.

No 2D fighter. I just played Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm the other day which lets you do that.

That's a whole different kind of "fighting" game but I guess you got a point.

Team super cancelling is in as well. The only thing missing is the "all three characters do a super" thing from mvc and the double characters on the screen thing from like..... SFxT. Also, lunaredge said the other thing I wanted to say.

Custom assist is a way bigger thing than what you're giving it credit for, too. Lot of room for creativity there.

Team super cancelling is in as well. The only thing missing is the "all three characters do a super" thing from mvc and the double characters on the screen thing from like..... SFxT. Also, lunaredge said the other thing I wanted to say.

Custom assist is a way bigger thing than what you're giving it credit for, too. Lot of room for creativity there.

I don't think that's a good thing for a game like SG to have, seeing how the game tends to lag up when you "DHC" to begin with. Given, the lagging issue could be fixed down the road (unless it's just me experiencing it), plus would it be truly worth it seeing how damage scales in this game.

Custom assist leave so many possibilities, I love it.

• Thumbs Up 1

plus would it be truly worth it seeing how damage scales in this game.

Damage scaling:

I'm curious about damage scaling. From wiki:

Compounding 85% means the scaling is:

100% 85% 72% 61% 52% 44% 38% 32% 27% 23% 20% 17% 15%

So on the 13th hit we've reached 15% scaling (and 10th hit reaches the 25% bottom for 1k+ attacks).

DHC's reset scaling to 80%. After a DHC the scaling goes:

80% 68% 58% 49% 42% 35% 30% 26% 22% 19% 16% 15%

So after DHC's, on the 12th hit we hit the 15% bottom scaling (9th hit for 25% for 1k+)

What I'm interested in is, I'm reading between the lines in the wiki that every hit scales independently, so multi-hitting moves basically rape your scaling. Is this a universal rule that every hit that registers on the combo counter scales once (except throw starters)?

Also, does this apply even to multihitting supers? Trying to think what the optimal way to abuse the DHC scaling reset is, is it best to whiff the actual super so you get an limited scaling combo after, or just let it rip.

Scaling=

1.00000 0.85000 0.72250 0.61412 0.52201 0.44371 0.37715 0.32058 0.27249 0.23162 0.19687 0.16734 0.14224

DHCScaling=

0.80000 0.68000 0.57800 0.49130 0.41761 0.35496 0.30172 0.25646 0.21799 0.18529 0.15750 0.13387

And yes each hits scale indepedently, so if you start a combo with a multi hitting attack, like Filia's j.mp(6 hits), you'll scale the combo pretty badly. Same for multi hitting supers(parasoul's bike super)

all of the characters Double imitates DO have that move themselves, the only moves the characters don't have are Double's Supers

everything else is official character moves..

No, actually Double uses a crapton of unused sprites for the characters like Filia punching, Cerebooty attack, Peacock car super...

Oh and she falls fast cause she's a fatty :3. Also, Double just can't do much damages on her own, usually the maximum amount of damages you'll be able to do will be around 6000 (with a super at the end), which isn't that good.

so i didn't see this coming, but i've Mained Ms.Fortune, and i've wiped everyone out on the hardest setting in Story AND Arcade, took myself online and i've beat everyone so far

wow.

Guess Cerebella isn't my main after all =S

Before taking the game, I expected myself to main Parasoul or Cerebella.

I took Filia just because she had some nice air game and her uppercut assist.

Guess what? I'm having a blast using Filia more than Para or Cere lol.

I don't think that's a good thing for a game like SG to have, seeing how the game tends to lag up when you "DHC" to begin with. Given, the lagging issue could be fixed down the road (unless it's just me experiencing it), plus would it be truly worth it seeing how damage scales in this game.

Custom assist leave so many possibilities, I love it.

I don't really like triple supers for the other reason that usually whenever you do them two of the supers will actually hit whilst the third character will shoot up in the air or something unless you've chosen just the right assists. Useless mechanic IMO unless you're feeling lazy and want free damage