Awoo.

Epic Mickey 2

Trixie the Great

Epic Mickey sequel? AW RIGHT! biggrin.png I loved the first game... despite not actually beating it. Got stuck on the place with the paintings and haven't touched it since. I loved the game, despite it's problems. I felt at home with it. It was pretty much a modern N64 platformer with a moral choice system. I can definitely see the problems being fixed since there was an interview about mixed opinions and he did acknowledged them and that he would have done some things differently. I don't particularly get the overwhelming opinions about the game being complete shit in every way. I mean, yeah it has problems, but it's a pretty good game overall, at least from what I've played.

I think my favourite part about this is the fact that that means that Disney is still on tack with returning Mickey to his adventurous more mischievous roots. Makes me wonder if they accepted that Mickey Mouse movie pitch that was offered not too long back.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

A sequel? Definitely interesting. Especially since it's supposedly getting PS3 and 360 release as well.

Co-op might be fun too. I would just hope that they fix a lot of the core problems that the first one had.

I wasn't expecting a sequel for Epic Mickey of all things. I'm a bit surprised by all of it.

Though I'm a bit leery because they're adding co-op. And from my experience of co-op modes it hardly ever works, isn't that right Tails? :P

• Thumbs Up 1

How the hell they're gonna make the paint mechanic work on the 360 and PS3 without forcing anyone to buy a Kinect or Move (five bucks says the Move's pointer mechanics are gonna suck hard) is anyone's guess.

Looks like someone never played Super Mario Sunshine, seeing how the Fludd pretty much acts just like the paintbrush in this game.

The whole moral thing was more, pure good or mischevious. Pretty much which kind of Mickey you like best. the newer goody two shoes or the older mischevious hero.

The whole moral thing was more, pure good or mischevious. Pretty much which kind of Mickey you like best. the newer goody two shoes or the older mischevious hero.

Funny i thought this was just going to be a one off since it didn't do too hot. Guess Disney is funding this one.

Funny i thought this was just going to be a one off since it didn't do too hot. Guess Disney is funding this one.

The original DID sell quite well in general, it just happened to be the only seller when all the rest of Disney's games that had come out were bombing at the time.

Do they actually mean Wii - as in, it's a surprise release coming out really soon, or do they mean it'll be on the Wii U? Seems a rather large game to be completely unheard of until a couple of months prior to release.

I really enjoyed the first one, although I hope the sequel will retain the changes you make. I found it very irritating to repair all of Main Street, step out a moment, and come back to find it just like it started; similarly when I was in a demolishing mood, it wouldn't stay trashed. I certainly saw why some people wouldn't like the first, so I hope they can modify it to appeal to a larger audience without removing the enjoyment of those who DID like the first. Certainly an expansion of the long-term effects would be nice. I'd also like to see more 'unique' pins and fewer of the bronze/silver/gold identicals. While I'm dreaming, lets do a bit of online co-op.

• 4 months later...

Epic Mickey 2 Is Apparently Confirmed And Ready For A Fall 2012 Release

According to a poster over at NeoGaf Disney has released a newsletter that confirms Epic Mickey 2 is currently in development and is scheduled for a Fall 2012 release. Unlike the original Epic Mickey, Epic Mickey 2 will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3. Epic Mickey 2 also reportedly features a co-op mode and is a likely candidate for Wii U.

http://mynintendonew...l-2012-release/

Epic Mickey 2 Coming to PS3 & Xbox 360?

Epic win!

Published: 17:15, 30/12/2011 by Tuffcub.

A newsletter from Disney D23, the official House of Mouse fan club, has reportedly confirmed Epic Mickey 2 is in production and it will be multi platform.

The newsletter has since been removed but Game Informer grabbed the text before it vanished and it revealed the game will have co-op.

Source: Game Informer

http://www.thesixtha...o-ps3-xbox-360/

Looks like it's still coming to Wii. It sounds interesting. I'll have to get back to the first game at some point.

• 2 months later...

First Epic Mickey: The Power of Two Screenshots!

9629620120321_175114_2_big.jpg

9629620120321_175114_1_big.jpg

9629620120321_175114_0_big.jpg

There you go! Also, GametrailersTV next episode will be deciated to this game! More info and a trailer confirmed!

Now check this out.

http://www.gametrail...the-next-gt-tv/

-Voice-acting confirmed.

-Mickey/Oswald Co-op confirmed

-Better camera

-The game's writing will be something like a musical. (Y'know? Your typical random Disney singing moments.)

I can totally live with this! I love the first one despite it's flaws. Still play it a lot to this day. Looking forward to this!

Edit: Making a link to Gametrailers acted a bit weird. I don't know why that video player kept coming up for a article, but I fixed it.

Edited by Judge Jury YoshiUnity

First Epic Mickey: The Power of Two Screenshots!

9629620120321_175114_2_big.jpg

9629620120321_175114_1_big.jpg

9629620120321_175114_0_big.jpg

There you go! Also, GametrailersTV next episode will be deciated to this game! More info and a trailer confirmed!

Now check this out.

http://www.gametrail...the-next-gt-tv/

I can totally live with this! I love the first one despite it's flaws. Still play it a lot to this day. Looking forward to this!

Oh god, a Musical? SOLD! I fucking love Disney musicals and knowing that it's a Mickey Mouse one, we have plenty of comedic animations we could use during the songs. Should be on the Wii U though IMO with either Stylus controls or Wiimote + Nunchuck controls.

• Thumbs Up 4

It looks like they didn't change I hated the most: The atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I still like this game, but the atmosphere just felt so... I dunno, incomplete?

Still looking forward to it. I hope I can play Oswald on his own, he's awesome.

Well, the design is a big part of the atmosphere for me, but yeah, I didn't like the design as well, so I'm kinda sad it returns.

Also, I would love if your decisions would actually affect the story more. If you did something positive, the characters always were like "Wow Mickey, you really are a hero!" and if you did something negative, they were like "Mickey, how could you do that? - Well, doesn't matter." I hope the decisions get involved in the story this time.

Excited for this! The first one was one of the first games I bought when I got my Wii used last year. Granted, I didn't finish Epic Mickey nor did I play a LOT of it, but I liked it and would like it even more with a standard controller and in HD.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Musical? Fucking sold. Has any video game ever done that?

The Nightmare Before Christmas game did it if I recall. They were used in boss battles/mini games.

Still that sounds like an awesome Idea. While I did love the first Epic Mickey, I will admit that it had its flaws, but I still found a lot of fun in it. And thankfully, it looks like the developers are listening to the complaints. It's good that they have a bunch of people working on the camera.

Plus a playable Oswald! biggrin.png I hope Oswald will be an optional player/unlockable in the game and hopefully his AI will be alright.

This time around, it seems they have over 700 people working on this game!

Source: http://mynintendonew...-epic-mickey-2/

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Please Disney, have Rob Paulsen do the voice of Oswald! He's got a great voice when you consider most of the hoedowns that were done in the Animaniacs.

Am i the only one who likes Oswald's gruff voice? :/

I personally think it suits his nature, and I really didn't like the voice in the first trailer. And hasn't it been confirmed that Rob Paulson was never the voice of Oswald?