Awoo.

Plot Details

Unknownlight

SEEING AS HOW THEY'VE BEEN SO CREATIVE WITH THE LEVELS

I EXPECT THE PICNIC WILL BE EXPLODING AS YOU GO--

Seriously, I have faith in the writers. Picnic? Sure. Bring chilidogs.

I have a theory that the picnic will take place in Modern Green Hill Zone, and you have to haul ass before all the food is gone.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Modern Green Hill is still in the past with Classic.

Which brings up a question:

Where would they have this picnic?

Maybe in a City escape park?

Wow you guys are still at it about whose going to be at the picnic? Is the source that said this is even reliable?

Wow you guys are still at it about whose going to be at the picnic? Is the source that said this is even reliable?

Lol after all this it might only go on for a couple of minutes before BOOM, sucked up in timehole.

It isnt but if its false then someone is really epic trolling.

And thats why I disliked boss cutscenes in Colors. They were bad... But I really want to see hiw they will handle this. I will try to not judge before I see it.

There was no one for Sonic to talk to, what did you expect for him to be silent?

There was no one for Sonic to talk to, what did you expect for him to be silent?

Well EGGMAN could contact with him via speakers and/or monitors. But lets move on to Gen. Story

Hmm, a picnic huh?

Shadow: Where's that Damn fourth party favor?

Omega: MUST TERMINATE ALL EGGMAN LIKE OBJECTS! *Proceeds to blow up any egg shaped item*

Amy: *sees Knuckles draggin around the Master Emerald* "Knuckles why did you bring that thing here?"

Knuckles: *Looks at Amy, slowly backing away while clutching the Master Emerald*

Sonic: You put green peppers on my chilidog? RUINED FOREVER!

Tails....is just standing there in the corner pretending to be useful.

Oh with the Colors writers doing this, the Possibilities are Endless!

Hmm, a picnic huh?

Shadow: Where's that Damn fourth party favor?

Omega: Iniciate Party mode *Robo dance*

Amy: *sees Knuckles draggin around the Master Emerald* "Knuckles why did you bring that thing here?"

Knuckles: *Looks at Amy, slowly backing away while clutching the Master Emerald*

Fix'd :) I think its alot more hilarious. I will try to post some ideas like this while on vacation.

What were you expecting? Guns and explosions?

No, I'm not expecting a Michael Bay fest. I'm just hoping for a good story and not a story that could probably fit well in a game like mario party. But you know, CapBusta is right. This is a pretty shaky source were going off of. I think an official release of detail on the story should clear things up.

Hmm, a picnic huh?

Shadow: Chaos Swiss Roll. MUWHAHAHAHA Its delicious!

Omega: MUST TERMINATE ALL EGGMAN LIKE OBJECTS! *Proceeds to blow up any egg shaped item*

I know its not gonna happen but ist hilarious :D

well from the data we've seen on the cut-scenes there seem to be a lot of cgi and regular scenes. plus i heard that wasn't the full list of scenes. It also depends on the length of each cut-scene. I'm just making a hypothesis. Sorry if i made it sound like it was fact.

The picnic is going to take up about 5% of the game's story.

Chill, people.

Heck, not even that.

List of cutscenes:

1 SEGA Logo Cutscene

11 CG Cutscenes

1 Credits

19 Story Cutscenes

17 NPC Character Cutscenes

11 Rival Cutscenes

14 Viewer Cutscenes

That's 74 cutscenes. And of course, we've got the rest of the game, too. biggrin.gif

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 4

Heck, not even that.

List of cutscenes:

1 SEGA Logo Cutscene

11 CG Cutscenes

1 Credits

19 Story Cutscenes

11 Rival Cutscenes

14 Viewer Cutscenes

That's 74 cutscenes. And of course, we've got the rest of the game, too

Yay, hell yeah. I'm so stoked for that. happy.gif I enjoy watching the cutscenes especially with the Hedgehog engine. Hopefully the cutscenes will look CGI quality like in Unleashed.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

Heck, not even that.

List of cutscenes:

1 SEGA Logo Cutscene

11 CG Cutscenes

1 Credits

19 Story Cutscenes

11 Rival Cutscenes

14 Viewer Cutscenes

That's 74 cutscenes. And of couse, we've got the rest of the game, too. biggrin.gif

Of course, people will complain about there being "to many cut-scenes!" for a sonic game. I don't see how this is that bad. I love the story unleashed had yet it had lots of cut-scenes. It's not like there going all Final Fantasy or MGS4 on us. plus some of these cut-scenes might not even be involved in the story.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Thats actually a very good point (and I have to admit I am excited to see why there are that many cutscenes toohappy.gif ). But I don't have a specific problem with the picnic scene. I don't mind if a couple of cutscenes are built mainly for humor (especially with that many 0_o). I'm just hoping that the overall tone of the story doesn't follow the same route as colors.

Edited by Strickerx5

Heck, not even that.

List of cutscenes:

1 SEGA Logo Cutscene

11 CG Cutscenes

1 Credits

19 Story Cutscenes

11 Rival Cutscenes

14 Viewer Cutscenes

That's 74 cutscenes. And of couse, we've got the rest of the game, too. biggrin.gif

How.. err why... huh? Ok going by the assumption that both sonics fight each rival why do Metal,

Shadow, and Silver

get so many cutscenes?

Edited by Omnis Doc Invictus

On the cutscene number, those are according to the demo files and was compiled from that, a few notes I have on it is that the 17 NPC cutscenes are likely linked to side missions with the other cast, I don't know why there are so many rival cutscenes (though I have a theory that might also include bosses) and I have no idea what, "Viewer Cutscenes" are, but they were listed here and as a random guess they might be videos you can unlock or something, like videos important to Sonic's history.

Also, all the CG cutscenes play at:

-Opening Movie (before title screen, likely where these clips of both Sonic's running around is coming from in the trailers)

-Story Begining (likely this picnic scene)

-After Green Hill Zone

-After Area 1

-After Death Egg

-After Area 2

-After Perfect Chaos

-After Area 3

-After New Eggrobo (likely means Egg Dragoon but is labelled New Eggrobo)

-Before time Eater

-Credits

-Story End

Edited by Dusk Golem

With that logic, Perfect Chaos will be at the picnic. I'm saying that Blaze won't appear at the picnic since she's in another dimension.

Once the timeline/space gets fucked up by the Time Eater, then any of her appearances make sence. And I know she's appearing in Generations, man. tongue.gif

Doesn't matter.

Sonic in itself has too many damn plot holes if you try linking the stories of certain games in the series together. Not all of them really correspond well. And there's not even a definitive timeline in the series. So I don't see anything wrong with them breaking the rules here for Blaze.

With that said, I'm glad they're bringing a lot of the crew back. Regardless of how annoying people make Sonic's supporting cast to be, I'm aware that every character in the cast is someones favorite character. From Vector to Cream, from Big to Shadow. Someone will always favor the character that you may find annoying.

Some people think they have some entitlement and can undermine the favorites of others, which is kinda unfair to be honest.

I still remember the look on my lil bros face when I told him Knuckles won't be in Unleashed or Colors. Not even so much as a minor cameo.

I never understood the theory that adding characters to a Sonic game made it bad. I mean if the gameplay was solid, why would it matter?? I mean even if the story was as light as Colors, and they made brief appearances. Just some people out there who think that every game should be a carbon copy of the Genesis formula(Sonic and Tails all the waaayyy fuck everyone else).

If people think adding characters to the games made them sort of.. well.. ya know.. bad. Then they're mistaken. BUT, and a very huge BUT, its gotten kinda ridiculous adding 1-2 new characters per game. I mean seriously, it got out of hand when they'd feature a new character and act like none of the regular/recurring cast ever existed. Was Chip annoying, well yes(like I said, somewhere out there, there's a Sonic fan who's favorite character is Chip). but he is now a Sonic character whether I like it or not. But should he ever be given priority over characters like Tails or Knuckles, HELL NO!! Not to bash him, but there are certain characters that are iconic to the franchise, that should get there due.

Now forcing them to be playable is a different story. Having them as unlockables after you beat the games would be cool, but if they're going to include them as playables in the story it should be fun or on par with Sonic's gameplay.(Sonic Adventure's eat your heart out).

Anyways, I know that was WAAAAAYYYY off topic, but I had to let it out. I'm excited for the game, and I'm glad that it's Colors' writers doing the job. While Sonic Colors didn't take itself seriously until the very last second. I hope this has a slightly more serious feel(all the cheesy jokes included wink.gif), but remains just as lighthearted as Colors.

Edited by 2Fast2Serious
  • Thumbs Up 3

Colours' writers are now trying to hammer down a coherent timeline and continuity for the Sonic series. Blaze won't appear at the picnic. She's in another dimension.