Awoo.

Plot Details

Unknownlight

I really hope that the opening doesn't go out of it's way to make god awful jokes. It's strange, actually. Even when Colours had such a craving for "jokes", i find it one of the least comedic games in the series. Although I loved most of the Eggman scenes.

The opening can still be funny without resorting to terrible jokes and minimal plot. Take SatBK's opening for example, I probably found this opening more funny than the whole of Colours' cutscenes.

Not one terrible joke was used, the plot is all there and isn't degraded, Sonic's character was topnotch, and this still has a much more serious tone to it than Colours.

Fuck. Just get rid of Colours' writers and bring back the Storybook writers! /storybookforlife

• Thumbs Up 2

man, i was thinking about something like Sonic meeting a Eggman somewhereand when Sonic would do a homming attack, time hole appear ....ow, never mind :( it's quite nice, normal but...man, WHO CARES?! I WANT A CAKE FROM A GAME! BIRTHDAY'S WITHOUT A CAKE ARE NOTHING!!!

So the opening cutscene is going to be one big party? Does this mean I'll be seeing shadow doing the macerena?

Shadow doing the macarena? that would be insanely hilarious!!! I also want to see eggman popping out of a big cake, sexy-like. Precious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman will be at the party.

He'll dance.

That'll rip a hole through the time-space continuum. The Time Eater is just Eggman's fat.

I'm expecting it'll just be celebrating Sonic's birthday, without giving an actual age.

But if it's really his 20th, then... good, I guess.

Edited by Koopalmier

I don't know if you have seen this:

15o9jlc.png

Much like the previous games...Generations gonna have its own manga...

• Thumbs Up 4

I wont forgive them if they will leave Shadow and Silver. And why they will turn against Sonic later. My bet is mind control. We all know Colors writers like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

And how does it start ? Or is that just a preview ? The manga, I mean.

Edited by Koopalmier

Maybe it's the Shadow and Silver from when they first met.

That would give them both reasons to fight him.

No. And its quite simple 06 Silver doesnt exist and before you say

Crisis City. Time Eater could destroy one of cities and spawn Iblis creatures thats all. Or it could be just flashback.)

Um, nope. Before it was cancelled, Sonic '06 was part of the timeline. It has to happen to be cancelled anyway. If one was to go back in the past and climb the timeline, he'd end up in Sonic '06's events (including the destroyed future). But then it'd be cancelled and he wouldn't be able to go farther, so he'd just return to the "new" timeline, where Sonic '06 didn't happen. That's an easy explanation for Crisis City to be there, at least easier than just "it's the exact same location destroyed by something else yet there's still that tornado carrying a car".

I think that the Shadow Sonic will face will just be "classic" Shadow (SA2 Shadow). And the Silver Sonic will face will be "classic" Silver (S06 Silver). Just as the Metal Sonic you fight is Classic Metal Sonic.

Also, I really start to think Classic Sonic is from right before he "transformed" into Modern Sonic (could it be right before Sonic Pocket Adventure ? Sonic 4 ?). I mean, I doubt he won't recognize Classic Tails, Amy and Knuckles.

No. And its quite simple 06 Silver doesnt exist and before you say

Crisis City. Time Eater could destroy one of cities and spawn Iblis creatures thats all. Or it could be just flashback.)

I'm sorry, Hunter but your ideas are kind of far-fetched. You're pulling things out of your ass.

It's easier to just say that the Time Eater has been able to bring Crisis City back from the grave. Iblis and all. The Shadow and Silver that he fights are most likely the ones from their time periods. Shadow on the Ark (SA2) and Silver in Soleanna ('06). I don't really see why else they'd be fighting. Unless there's something we don't know yet. At the moment, you're just making stuff up. sad.gif

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

Um, nope. Before it was cancelled, Sonic '06 was part of the timeline. It has to happen to be cancelled anyway. If one was to go back in the past and climb the timeline, he'd end up in Sonic '06's events (including the destroyed future). But then it'd be cancelled and he wouldn't be able to go farther, so he'd just return to the "new" timeline, where Sonic '06 didn't happen. That's an easy explanation for Crisis City to be there, at least easier than just "it's the exact same location destroyed by something else yet there's still that tornado carrying a car".

I think that the Shadow Sonic will face will just be "classic" Shadow (SA2 Shadow). And the Silver Sonic will face will be "classic" Silver (S06 Silver). Just as the Metal Sonic you fight is Classic Metal Sonic.

Also, I really start to think Classic Sonic is from right before he "transformed" into Modern Sonic (could it be right before Sonic Pocket Adventure ? Sonic 4 ?). I mean, I doubt he won't recognize Classic Tails, Amy and Knuckles.

I never said that 06 didnt happen but while "classic" Shadow existed "classic" Silver has been wiped out from existence.

You will probably say I am "putting some stuff from my ass" (no offense Neon this line is hilarrious :D ) but maybe after Time Holes appear future will be detroyed and will look like Crisis City. Only evidence will point on Sonic as guilty so our (Modern) Silver will go to past to fight him while timeline will be just "fucked".

I dont know if its good idea tell me what you think. But what I know is that it would be hillarious if Shadow would meet his past self. Silver not likely because contacting your counterpart from other dimension is one thing but comtacting literally other "YOU" from different timeline would cause timeline to rumble. But wait its already rumbled.

Level spoiler

I don't see what the problem is in returning the original Silver for the fight seeing as Crisis City has returned. They go hand-in-hand.

Edited by MarcelloF

You know, if the Colours writers had been around doing this for more than one title, I might not have pointed this out, but WHAT is your problem with the writers of Colours doing Generations, and how is it somehow detrimental to the plot of the game, or anything that will stem from it?

That's like if we got the writers from 06 and everyone was like "Well, lets not care about how things end up, since, you know those Sonic 06 writers.. bestiality, am I right?"

The Sonic Colours story was interesting, and wasn't something done in a Sonic game before, let alone one that was said months prior to be meant really for children. So the fact that every other post is you putting down writers who've worked on one game, and somehow stretching that as if they've done (or ruined) an ENTIRE series, and that's what to expect, is irritating.

On topic: I don't see why Shadow, Silver and Blaze would have to be at the picnic. The time holes are effecting everything everywhere, not just specifically those at a picnic. Then again, I've seen Shadow, Silver and Blaze participate at the Olympics (you know those Olympic writers), so if they wanted to throw them in somewhere close the the vicinity (Shadow Vegeta-ing it near a tree and whatnot) then it'd work as well.

I just want there to be presents...

Sonic: Are there any more gifts?

Silver: TAKE THIS!

You want to know why? Well for FIRST (!!!!) time in my life I skipped cutscenes for Sonic game. Heck ANY game. Cutscenes were useless. The only point of majority of them was to create stupid gag/lame joke/facepalm moment.

I am not saying humor is bad. You want to see good humor? Watch Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time cutscenes. There is humor in them but they have a point! They push story forward and humor is just add-on while in Colors its oposite.

Why I hate them? Well because they wrote simple plot (that have plotholes becuase its not complex story=plotholes and simple story=no plotholes) and ARE praised for it while Adventure writer is bashed. Why? Because it felt more like Classics? I always say and will repeat Classic=/=Better.

Oh and character development. I wont even write about it. Sonic feels like complete... Eh.

And I must admit I chuckled at joke at end of your post.

Edited by HUNTER297

guys guys guys come on the time eater can just get anything from anytime

P.Sam i the only 1 who imagines everything being sucked up a sonic just runing and then gets forced into this time portal

P.P.S wait whats with all the white stuff on the first trailer and the demo menu u think its a time paradox since zones are proably in zones ice cap zone and green hill zone perhaps?

The thought of a picnic being in a Sonic game is hilarious! What is even more hilarious is discussing who would be invited and their motivations for attending.

Oddly, I cannot wait to see this cutscene. Probably will be the largest gathering of Sonic characters ever, hopefully it will beat Heroes gathering of all the teams.

I'd imagine the final shot will be Sonic, front and center, being told "Happy Birthday" (the convention recordings) with all the secondary characters surrounding him.

Completely agree with you, Azukara. biggrin.gif I'm sick to death of hearing this "Teh Klasecz never had a story!!1!" BS. It's annoying. And i'm a bit dissapointed that Sonic Team have given in to the misinformed retro fanboys who say this.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 3

So we know Shadow's a rival boss character, and will appear in the time of SA2. Could that just be the Shadow of the past, and not the one we know now? Yeah I think I'll put my money on that.

Edited by Balding Spider

What would be funny if everyone came to the picnic for other reasons than to celebrate sonic's anniversary!

Sonic: Hey guys! did you bring me anything?

Shadow:Why the hell would we do that?

Knuckles:Yeah why?

Sonic:Umm because it's my anniversary?

Knuckles:ohh(nervously)yeah right. Um here have this.

Sonic:a chaos emerald? Oh yeah so when i get the rest and go super sonic I have to FIND THEM ALL OVER AGAIN! Silver why are you here?

Silver:Well in my time i heard there was a big picnic with food at this time so i had to come. I kinda skipped the part where it was talking about you.

Shadow:yeah i'm just here for the cake.

Sonic:but i don't even remember inviting you or silver!

Shadow:Yeah annnnddd?Your point?

Sonic:Does anyone remenber my anniversary?Blaze?*blaze just nervously drinks her punch*Vector,espio?*Both of them look at each other*Sonic points to charmy

Sonic:Char--oh forget it.

Amy:don't worry sonic me and tails remember!

Sonic:only two people seem to care about it being my day while everyone else is either not invited or here for food. Well this can't get any worse.

*Giant portal appears sucking everyone in*

Sonic:ehh....not as bad as I would have expected.

*After portal dissapears*

Big:Hello???

Also I'm hoping that we fight silver in a different area besides soleanna town. I have no problem if it is but KV would be interesting for modern.I just wish we'd fight shadow in green forest for classic sonic. But we'll have to wait.I do think that these rivals are their original "classic" selves.

Also about This not being crisis city from 06 let me say this. This is sonic team. I don't think there going to come up with a huge backstory for this level other than "Time eater searched through time far enough to find this alternate timeline." It to me makes more sense.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 1

-A lot of sense-

This. The complaining about narrative in Sonic only started when you were unable to skip the cutscenes in Sonic Adventure. I don't see how it's an issue anymore. Personally I really loved the S3&K and Adventure arcs (despite some very questionable acting in the latter).

About the Colours writing, I don't think much of it to be honest. For me the acting just felt more polished. The emphasis on the relationship between the characters was good, but again a lot of the dialogue they were given was pretty low brow. This was aimed at young kids, of course, and I accept that. Still a lot of kids' cartoons have their darker and more 'complex' moments so I don't see why it had to be so light on these. That's down to Sonic Team though I guess, playing it safe. I just hope the writers can make Generations' plot a lot more interesting. There is a hell of lot of potential with all the various characters involved.

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 2

@"Colors was trying to be really simple, just like the classics"

I wish I could make the fanbase take a note, and realize that the classic storylines weren't as simple as everyone thinks. Only the westerners believe that, because they grew up on "Sonic is a cool dude with an attitude and he beats down evil oppressor Robotniks". Here, let me just link these things to you guys:

http://info.sonicret...-bit)_JP_Manual

http://info.sonicret...ic_CD_JP_Manual

http://info.sonicret...-bit)_JP_Manual

http://info.sonicret...hog_3_JP_Manual

http://info.sonicret...ckles_JP_Manual

http://info.sonicretro.org/Knuckles'_Chaotix_JP_Manual

Come on, people, work it out! The stories weren't as simple as people say they were. Colors was simple because the majority of the fanbase whined that games weren't thinly held together like American marketing made the classics look like. In fact, the information about the Master Emerald and Angel Island ties in quite well with a proper continuation throughout SA1-beyond. Why anyone doesn't acknowledge this is beyond me.. minus the fact that outside Japan, the manual stories, while considered canon, are obscure and not very widespread.

Sorry. I had to go on and say that since it seems not a lot of people understand this.

Either way, I like to hope that Colors was only a simple simple simple story because it was a game made while Sega was busy developing Generations and thus was made to bide the time between Unleashed and this game. Hopefully this game will have more character interaction, be a good bit more epic, and not spend as much time on the corn (not saying complete removal, because I do the gags and jokes, just in moderation).

This is the same portion of the fanbase that houses the people whom will insist Eggman and Robotnik are not only names that can only individually apply to the character, but in some cases represent two different people when even Sega just made both his name and called him what they've been calling him since the get-go. Fanbase be trippy like that.

On that note, I myself enjoy both the Colours and Adventure type writing even if the latter was before its time(terribad voice acting, oddly translated lines, too serious plot) I've said it several times, even on a grim dark palate, Adventure was ok.... SA2... got away with it... and everything went down hill from there. Unleashed was a very refreshing piece that ranged from between the SA1 value, and the SA2 value. Would've been better than SA1 in my opinion if it's plot didn't naturally feel like a mainstream Sonic... like at all(hence the minimal SA>Unleashed>SA2 score). Now there is probably some flaw with my scoring, I just looked at the games and figured which ones felt most natural in the context of the series. Adventure was my first Sonic game for the record.

So we know Shadow's a rival boss character, and will appear in the time of SA2. Could that just be the Shadow of the past, and not the one we know now? Yeah I think I'll put my money on that.

Colours is nice because you can just have fun with it. It's insane humour for a potentially insane world with not so lucid people within it. I can agree when some elements do come on a bit strong, and kinda wish Colours plot took itself a wee bit more seriously, but it's honestly not the end of the world. I think if Sonic Team goes for a more serious story again next game and brings back the colours writers to make sure it makes sense to a western audience and spice up the dialouge, It'd make for a really good sonic plot.

And I really have no issue with how the game starts out. Hell I even expected something like this to happen, not necessarily a picnic but some sort of event that brought Sonic's friends all together.

Errr... time washing! Because... it's like brainwashing... but with time. Yeah.

Edited by Autoburstfire