Awoo.

Plot Details

Unknownlight

This is something I had stated when the first bit of info was being released on the game and we found out that the colors writers were working on the story.

I don't expect a full blown story like final fantasy or 06 but I also hope the story doesn't follow the same line as colors did. Colors basically just had sonic cracking jokes at the boss for a good 3rd of the time with the occasional story element which was usually covered by a last second joke. I actually hope they follow the way unleashed did it and have those small light hearted and funny moments in between but also has a decent story behind it. Maybe even have a plot twist that isn't just (robotnik isn't the real final boss, this giant monster is!) too. I know a lot of people liked color's story and even I found myself chuckling a few time through it but I'm just saying that a little edge wouldn't hurt. Thats just my opinion though.

Don't get me wrong, I love colors as a game in general. Its just the story was relatively bland. I don't hate the colors writers at all and I know that there wasn't much to work off of in that game. Its just now there is potential for a great story and there is a good chance the FIRST cutscene will be of a picnic... Its just doesn't sound that promising. Though I like a good laugh now and again but I just don't want it taking up more than half of the dialogue. I realize that these guys have done some great work in the past and I do love the characterization they gave to sonic and tails relationship. I just hope that generations story can show me first hand what these writers can really do and have me engaged in it (unlike colors).

I never said Generations story will be bad. I just wrote what I expect from Colors writers I never said it will be crap.

About chars. well with current cast its hard to just include 6. It was good in Adventures. But 8-9 should be enough (Sonic, Tails, Knux, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Silver, Blaze and maybe Amy as playable)

But you don't know what can you expect that's what I'm saying.

8-9 is pushing it severely. 4-6 is a safe number, because not everyone you want to appear is going to appear, what about The Chaotix? Babylon Rogues? Cream?. The cast is way too big to make everyone playable at one time, so like it or not, someone is going to get the shaft.

This is something I had stated when the first bit of info was being released on the game and we found out that the colors writers were working on the story.

Don't get me wrong, I love colors as a game in general. Its just the story was relatively bland. I don't hate the colors writers at all and I know that there wasn't much to work off of in that game. Its just now there is potential for a great story and there is a good chance the FIRST cutscene will be of a picnic... Its just doesn't sound that promising. Though I like a good laugh now and again but I just don't want it taking up more than half of the dialogue. I realize that these guys have done some great work in the past and I do love the characterization they gave to sonic and tails relationship. I just hope that generations story can show me first hand what these writers can really do and have me engaged in it (unlike colors).

What were you expecting? Guns and explosions?

Edited by Shadic93

8-9 is pushing it severely. 4-6 is a safe number, because not everyone you want to appear is going to appear, what about The Chaotix? Babylon Rogues? Cream?. The cast is way too big to make everyone playable at one time, so like it or not, someone is going to get the shaft.

Well, the following are confirmed to be in the game through the demo and otherwise-

Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow (boss), Rouge, Cream, Silver (boss), Espio, Charmy, Vector, Metal Sonic (boss only), Blaze

What relevance they have to the story is a complete different matter.

But you don't know what can you expect that's what I'm saying.

What were you expecting? Guns and explosions?

I actually can.

I will now reference to both oppening and writers. I expected something that will I dont know... Blow me away. Like every oppening:

-SA1: Battle with Chaos

-SA2: Epic fall from heli

-06: Epic battle with EGG robots and some mystery at the end.

-Unleashed: Speak for itself

And now we have what? Picnic! And thats what I mean! It seems like Colors writers dont even try and consider this as anoter Happy Tree Friends like story.

Well, the following are confirmed to be in the game through the demo and otherwise-

Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow (boss), Rouge, Cream, Silver (boss), Espio, Charmy, Vector, Metal Sonic (boss only), Blaze

I think Shadic mean playable cast.

I was talking more in a general sense than anything and playable characters. We already know Tails is playing a supporting role, but that's all we know.

If anything I think the only characters that are going to play a role are the ones with classic models(i.e. Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy) and aside from Shadow & Silver, everyone else will be NPC's probably.

I was talking more in a general sense than anything and playable characters. We already know Tails is playing a supporting role, but that's all we know.

If anything I think the only characters that are going to play a role are the ones with classic models(i.e. Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy) and aside from Shadow & Silver, everyone else will be NPC's probably.

Actually I think Knux will play more cameo like role. Since it was confirmed that plot focus on Sonic and Tails (both designs) same for Amy. Heck I even think Shadow and Silver will have more important role than Knuckles.

I actually can.

I will now reference to both oppening and writers. I expected something that will I dont know... Blow me away. Like every oppening:

-SA1: Battle with Chaos

-SA2: Epic fall from heli

-06: Epic battle with EGG robots and some mystery at the end.

-Unleashed: Speak for itself

And now we have what? Picnic! And thats what I mean! It seems like Colors writers dont even try and consider this as anoter Happy Tree Friends like story.

....Does every opening have to be an epic one? Is it really that bad that its taking itself easy for a change? Hell I don't see you complaining about Heroes` opening or anything.

Sonic may be an action series, but that doesn't mean every game should open wiht "ZOMG EPICNESS" ITs sometimes good to take it easy for change and see how the characters act in normal situations.

You guys really expecting way too much from them, its sounds as if you want a game on par with Sa2 in terms of seriousness.

Actually I think Knux will play more cameo like role. Since it was confirmed that plot focus on Sonic and Tails (both designs) same for Amy. Heck I even think Shadow and Silver will have more important role than Knuckles.

They never said anything about Amy from I've read. What makes you think Knux will get a cameo? He has a model and everything, hell Iizuka even mentioned him in his recent interview.

He has a classic model just like everyone else, so what reason is there to exclude him? Especially since he hasn't been relevant in a main game for 7 years.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 2

....Does every opening have to be an epic one? Is it really that bad that its taking itself easy for a change? Hell I don't see you complaining about Heroes` opening or anything.

Sonic may be an action series, but that doesn't mean every game should open wiht "ZOMG EPICNESS" ITs sometimes good to take it easy for change and see how the characters act in normal situations.

You guys really expecting way too much from them, its sounds as if you want a game on par with Sa2 in terms of seriousness.

Heroes was Ok. I would love to see how chars. Act in more casual situations but its better for ending then oppening. Oh and when I first time heard picnic I thought its some joke from some Fanfic.

Heroes was Ok. I would love to see how chars. Act in more casual situations but its better for ending then oppening. Oh and when I first time heard picnic I thought its some joke from some Fanfic.

Why? How does it sound like a Joke? Amy's story from Sa1 has her shopping before Eggman jumps in, so what's the big deal here?

Is it so wrong for the games to not take themselves seriously for a change?

• Thumbs Up 2

They never said anything about Amy from I've read. What makes you think Knux will get a cameo? He has a model and everything, hell Iizuka even mentioned him in his recent interview.

He has a classic model just like everyone else, so what reason is there to exclude him? Especially since he hasn't been relevant in a main game for 7 years.

I mean mission cameo like everyone else. And EVERYONE have model.

Why? How does it sound like a Joke? Amy's story from Sa1 has her shopping before Eggman jumps in, so what's the big deal here?

Is it so wrong for the games to not take themselves seriously for a change?

Colors was change. How it turned out see above posts.

Its Amy shopping fits her now imagine Shadow or Rouge at picnic.

I mean mission cameo like everyone else. And EVERYONE have model.

Not a Classic one, only five characters have that. Its just an assumption especially since Classic tails is in, so that probably means more than likely Classic Knuckles, and Classic Amy will be there too along with their modern counterparts, that's why I have reason to believe that they will probably have more to do with the plot, because the other Classic models are there too.

Colors was change. How it turned out see above posts.

Yeah contrary to what you believe, its not as hated as you think. Some people's only complaint are the over abundance of Jokes, I've never seen anyone say they hate Colors because its story, and the ones that do are usually the people that are fanboys of the "SRS BUSINESS" type of stories that dragged the series into hell.

Its Amy shopping fits her now imagine Shadow or Rouge at picnic.

I did, and I find it hilarious. Really do you have something against comedy in Sonic or something?

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 2

All right I calmed down... I just cant see this picnic without fourth wall breaking facepalm moment. I just cant. I think it would be nice if they would do this with char. Interactions durning credits like in SA2 where different chars interact with each other about events from games. Like

Shadow and Rouge:

-Remember when you thought you were android

-Dont remind me.

Silver and Blaze:

(Both at once) -Do I know you? You seem familiar.

etc.

I think picnic has potential for some nods to the fanbase.

blink.gif

Do you know what Happy Tree Friends is?

• Thumbs Up 4

All right I calmed down... I just cant see this picnic without fourth wall breaking facepalm moment. I just cant. I think it would be nice if they would do this with char. Interactions durning credits like in SA2 where different chars interact with each other about events from games. Like.

Why? Do you have a sense of humor at all when it comes to the games? I mean there's no reason why any of that has to take place in the ending, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it happening alongside the plot.

Wait why do you suspect Blaze and Silver will be at this picnic?

Thise are examples. EXAMPLES !

And if it happens durning credits everything is possible.

Wait why do you suspect Blaze and Silver will be at this picnic?

Because he wants them too, even though there's no conceivable way they can unless you ignore a lot of continuity issues.

blink.gif

Do you know what Happy Tree Friends is?

Oh I do know. Thats why I find this reference hillarious.

Thise are examples. EXAMPLES !

And if it happens durning credits everything is possible.

I was just asking for christ's sake, goddamn it chill out.

Why? Do you have a sense of humor at all when it comes to the games? I mean there's no reason why any of that has to take place in the ending, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it happening alongside the plot.

I have you think why I play Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter. I just imagined it and... I must admit Shadow in party hat would be hilarious.

I was just asking for christ's sake, goddamn it chill out.

Sorry. I thought you wanted to start another continuity discussion about "why?, they cant." or " how its possible"

Sorry again.

I have you think why I play Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter. I just imagined it and... I must admit Shadow in party hat would be hilarious.

Sorry. I thought you wanted to start another continuity discussion about "why?, they cant." or " how its possible"

Sorry again.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with a little zaniness here and there, it just needs to be at the appropriate times.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with a little zaniness here and there, it just needs to be at the appropriate times.

And thats why I disliked boss cutscenes in Colors. They were bad... But I really want to see hiw they will handle this. I will try to not judge before I see it.

Edited by HUNTER297

And now we have what? Picnic!

SEEING AS HOW THEY'VE BEEN SO CREATIVE WITH THE LEVELS

I EXPECT THE PICNIC WILL BE EXPLODING AS YOU GO--

Seriously, I have faith in the writers. Picnic? Sure. Bring chilidogs.

I have a theory that the picnic will take place in Modern Green Hill Zone, and you have to haul ass before all the food is gone.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Modern Green Hill is still in the past with Classic.

Which brings up a question:

Where would they have this picnic?

SEEING AS HOW THEY'VE BEEN SO CREATIVE WITH THE LEVELS

I EXPECT THE PICNIC WILL BE EXPLODING AS YOU GO--

I have a theory that the picnic will take place in Modern Green Hill Zone, and you have to haul ass before all the food is gone.

There is CGI cutscene oppening and CGI cutscene ending but odly CGI called credits is before ending. Thts why I think picnic would take place durning credits.

Hopefully Green Hill or something in a similar vein, but I could see them being in a park in a built-up location...dare I say, in a city. ;O