Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

I wanted to avoid doing' a comic thing if I could but I can't be arsed to make an animated gif so:

bestmoment.jpg

Eggmanland Roller Coaster from Sonic Unleashed HD

What's beautiful about this moment is that it tricks you into thinking it's automated before suddenly throwing the reaction time gameplay at you - but because you already had a sledding section in Cool Edge, you aren't thrown in the deep end. You already know the controls. Utterly fantastic.

Very close seconds would be:

Elite Beat Agents - the grand finale, as mentioned above.

BioShock - the climax of every single "act" of the story:

The submarine in "Smuggler's Hideout", the meeting with Andrew Ryan in "Rapture Central Control", and of course, the grand finale in "Fontaine".

Half-Life 2: Episode Two - pretty much every scene where control is taken away from you for whatever reason.

Might be able to think of more later.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 8

Day 15 - Your Favorite Moment from a Video Game

Perfect_Dark_Gaia_by_brodieking.jpgsuper_sonic_unleashed.jpg

Sonic Unleashed Wii's final boss fight was a sheer moment of epic for me. From the fight as Light Gaia, to Sonic running around taking out Dark Gaia's eyes, to the transformation into Super Sonic, and the final phase of the boss fight, that is Perfect Dark Gaia. You get to do a giant punchout as a huge titan composed of the shrines of the chaos emeralds. Then you get to run around as Sonic through the final level, dodging the tentacles of that mad beast in an attempt to blind it. Finally, you get an awesome transformation into Super Sonic as you get to boost the crap out of Perfect Dark Gaia. For me, it's at least on par with the opening cutscene.

Honorable mentions go to the aforementioned opening cutscene of Unleashed, and when I first collected all the emeralds in Sonic 3 to go Super Sonic. (yeah, I think Super Sonic is pretty epic in general, even with scenes full of cringe-worthy dialogue like the final scene in Generations before the Time Eater battle.)

Damn moment...think, think...Think DAMMIT! Wait...

Red Dead Redemption baby.

After you kill John Marston's mentor and betrayer, you ride to Marston's farm. The music that plays, Compass, makes that horse ride all the more epic. It bestows you with that feeling that, "I don't know where the fuck this marker is taking me, but damn I'm going."

Tell me that wasn't the most epic horse ride ever? You can't. The scenery of the trip and the feeling of Marston finally being able to go back home to his family just enthralls the player with importance. It feels awesome. It makes the player feel awesome. This fucking game. Of course, we all know how it ends...

deathmarsten.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Fuck.

EDIT: I misunderstood the day, but I don't feel like erasing it so I'll just add on for the real thing.

Megaman Zero. The intro.

You are greeted to probably the most gory scene in the franchise. Reploids getting destroyed while trying to retreat. Motherfuckers getting capped up the ass like it was Coolio's gangsta's paradise. Shit was fucked up and Megaman land. Ciel is trying to find this legendary reploid, Zero, and she suceeds...except he is deactivated.

tumblr_lnkuumYvqy1qjlx7o.gif

In a seemingly hopeless situation, the guy accompanying Ciel gets the Scarface treatment and shit just keeps getting worse. Finally, the little elf floating around Ciel decides to sacrifice herself to revive Zero. Ciel begged her not to do, but the gangsta fairy told Ciel to calm that shit down. Like a G, she jumped into fallen Zero and a beam of light flashes and suddenly Zero emerges...

Zero_-_Standing.jpg

Ciel begs Zero to rescue her and Zero picks up the fallen soldier's gun and does what Zero do: Fuck shit up.

You feel like a motherfucking God of Destruction. Unstoppable. Untouchable. Damn this music is awesome! Then Zero and Ciel fall in a pit where you face a Golem. The pistol isn't cutting it. Then some weird light throws Zero his saber back. Zero slashes the golem in half and it explodes. Division by Zero bitches. Best video game intro ever.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2

What do I mean by moment? Basically it can be a scene, an event, experience or anything that just managed to hit all the right buttons and stayed with you forever.

This is easy.. I know... almost the perfect once.

Metal Gear Online

2402554994_477d0a32e8.jpg

In Metal Gear Online, the way it worked was that you got reward points which you could spend in shops... but... there were only a few times per day where the rooms would be open that let you get the big points, so everybody was fighting like crazy in these online battles.

The way it worked was that your team had to win 5 matches, if you won all 5 you got the max points, so I'm put in this team and we're doing really really well, we get to the final round match and we see our apponents, they're a very good team, they're all at max rank and they're also looking for their 5th win.

Before the match even starts the insults are flying, and the match is a 'capture and hold the bases' which means it's going to be a very full on game.

However, there is a key to it, that being, if you knock out enemies, it's better as apposed to outright killing them, it takes longer for them to recover meaning you can capture more bases in that time. So I decided to equip the Mosin Nagant, it's the slowest fireing sniper rifle, but it doesn't kill, it knocks out enemies.

But theres a catch... it takes 3 normal shots to KO an enemy, but one headshot to KO them... and it's VERY hard to aim.

So we're playing on this map.

medium_mgomap.jpg

There is a huge road running down the middle of it, and we start. Both teams leg it down the road and I see the enemy, I take aim.

BANG! headshot, one guy KO'd

BANG! Headshot, second guy KO'd

BANG! Headshot! Third guy KO'd.

Within 10 seconds I've single handidly taken out over half the enemy team, it's now 2 vs 5 and they're not reviving their fellow players! My team then kills the other two players and we've already captured over half the bases, I frantically start typing a message to my fellow players saying "DON'T KILL SLEEPING SOLDIERS!" and amazingly they all realised what I was doing and complied!

Suddenly one of my team dies from a sniper shot, I turn in the direction, aim my weapon BANG! 4th headshot and another guy KO'd!

We've won it, the other team can't possibly recover now, we're just running up and down the main road fireing wildly in the air, people on the other team know it too and begin to D/C. It was the first 5th round victory I'd had, and to this day I'm convinced that we wouldn't have had as easy a time had I not got those headshots at the start.

Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Beta

2011_06_24_U3_Beta_details-476x269.jpg

I actually have this moment on video!

When the U3 beta was out, I played it a lot, there were a few OMG moments... but this one took the cake. On Uncharted 3, the only way to instantly kill an enemy, other than an explosion or point blank with a shotgun is by a headshot, and it's not an easy thing to do....

So you can imagine how loudly I cheered... when this happened!

I got a headshot as the enemy jumped to the other building!

Now that weapon I was using would have killed that player regardless as to where I shot him (it's a super weapon) but had it been a normal sniper rifle it would have also been an instant kill due to it being a headshot. Unfortunately, the games cinnema mode glitched and I couldn't record the individual moment from my angle, so I hooked up my video camera and caught it.

Honorable Mentions

MAG

I've already mentioned MAG but there are three moments that always make me smile...

"Guns!? I don't need no stinking guns!"

When playing as Sver, whilst defending our factory I was at one end of the map which was notoriously in Svers favour, the enemy soldiers would drop down over a hill into the play arena, it was very easy to kill them... so I decided to have some fun... I picked smoke grenades and stocked up on knife enhancing perks... I waited below the hill, dropped the smoke and started knifing players.... nearly 30 of them before I was eventually killed. It was amazing, on MAG you can hear the enemy radio chatter if you're close enough to them, so many people were raging yelling 'HE'S DONE IT AGAIN!' it was fantastic.

All your base, are belong to me!

When playing against Valor, one of their flanks had one hell of a weak point, it was possible to drive an APC past their roadblocks and around their bunkers directly into their base with almost zero resistance, you had to be careful if someone had planted road mines, but almost nobody did.

So when driving the APC right at the start, I take it through the roadblocks and around the bunkers into the base. People on my team start yelling "OH MY GOD NO WAY!" and HOW DID YOU DO THAT!?" We drive right into the base and stop at various important units like their motor pool, sensor array and artilitary, blow them up, get back in the APC, drive to the next flank and do the same, we took out all the enemies important structures and then drove back to our flank, amazingly despite an enemy APC driving right behind the enemy, they didn't take any notice to us! Even when we took out their anti air nobody did anything.

"Door F will not save you!"

On Valors map, at door F there was an amazing, glitch, that being... you could walk right through the door into the base... I found it by accident and I had some funny times with it, normally I wouldn't use it... but sometimes I just couldn't help myself. It was just so funny driving the APC to the door aiming it's turret at it and openning fire. launching RPG's through the wall, and even when defending, countering it by placing mines.

It was such a funny glitch because it didn't reall give anyone and advantage since it was so easy to defend against but so funny to do when you were attacking.

Unfortunately not many people took video of this glitch even though it took months before it was fixed, it was quite sad when it was taken out, on the official MAG forums there was even a popular suggestion to put it back in because it was such a fun thing for both attackers and defenders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbuNMhZz8KI

Edited by Hogfather

Day Numbero Five-e-teen-e - Ninja's Awesometastic, "Kami's choice is Babies play", Favourite Moment(s) in Video games Ever!

Kirby Super Star (Ultra), Revenge of Meta Knight mode

One Mean Looking Pink Puffball who swallows everthing in Sight vs a Honor Bound Knight and his Loyal Henchmen and his Giant Airship

thats the gist of Revenge of Meta Knight, you Gradually make your way onto the Halberd and fight everything Meta Knight Throws at you, from Lobster Mechs to the Halberds Main cannon, to Axe and Sword Knight up to Meta Knight Himself in a One on One Sword Duel in the Crashing Halberd.

this Mode is the Highlight of Super Star to Me, since it's basically a Crowning Moment of Awesome for Both Kirby and Meta Knight.

this scene was the first Time I got to see Super Sonic in Action (and Super Shadow as an Added Bonus).

what makes this scene to me is the Combination of the Feel of it, the Music, and Just generally the following Boss Battle.

So here you are Playing Red Dead Redemption, you jsut made it to the Mexican Grounds, ost of your Friends (bar the Drunken Funny Guy Irish) are on the Other side in the US, Irish himself Just made went off, never to be seen again ingame and later shoot himself in an Outhouse, you Jump onto Your Horse, off to find the Next Mission Giver

and then this Song plays.

Riding through Mexico with this Song playing...it was all so Perfect, it set the Mood for it Brilliantly, I Loved it. It was easily oen of my favourite Moments in recent memory.

Honorable Mentions

Elite Beat Agents - the Jumping Jack Flash Section: What else to say but; Greatness. Thats how you end a Game, saving the World all to a Rocking Tune.

Minecraft - Silva Burning down his Forest: same thing as what Kamicciolo said earlier, it was Hilarious.

Mega Man Zero 4 - The Moment befoe the Weil Bossfight: Zero is on top of a Giant Base thats falling towards Earth, Weil gives him a Hammy Speech about how He is one of the Humans he has Sworn to Protect and cannot win and all that shit.

to wich Zero replies: "I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I've always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"

says it all Really, and thats why Zero is cool

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whilst I'm sure "Favourite Ending" will be one of the next topics, I have to say this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFR8tkmVh4&feature=related

Firstly, you have the tremendous sense of accomplishment of beating that damn final boss and finishing the game. Then, you have that absolutely amazing music. The slideshow effect somehow works. Then as Sonic soars down to his splattery death, faithful Tails shows up and rescues him with perfect timing. It is a wonderful, blissful way to end my favourite Sonic game.

Day 15 Favorite Moment in a Video Game:

It took me forever to think of a favorite moment of mine. But I found one and it just so happen to be...

BossGiygas-1.png

..Beating Giygas and the aftermath from Earthbound.

Since this is a final boss and ending I'll leave it here in spoilers just in case.

So you came all this way, fighting through endless swarms of enemies, leveling up your characters. By now you'll probably have gained some sort of bond with these characters (I know I did) and we managed to get into Gigyas' lair ready to defeat him and stop his plans. But look what we run into first.

giygasfight1.png

Yeah after running from he decides to fight. Boss fight later...

giygasfight2.png

Oh snaps. He's going to release Giygas into the world. And then we get the iconic boss fight.

BossGiygas.png

Well now we really don't know what to do since we can't figure out what Giygas is. He's nothing but pure fear and it doesn't seem like anything works on him. So what do we do? We pray! So 2 forms later we get...

giygaswallpaper.gif

And all of a sudden praying doesn't work. Just keep praying and you, the player comes out and own Giygas. That's right you owned your own fear.

A hop skip and a jump and then we're back to Saturn Valley and Poo and Jeff thanks Ness for everything and leave. And this is my favorite moment, Ness has to walk Paula home. And we're treated to this wonderful piece of music.

I could help but happy after all the work I've put into this game. So what do I do first? Talk to everyone and see what's been happening since. It was great reminising the adventure I had, all the good times, all the battles, it was great.

But then it came time to take Paula home and it was sad to see her go. ;_____; So after that was done Ness goes home and looks through the photo album taken through the game and its all those pictures that the old man took. It was great to see those too.

Such a great game. I loved it and it was fun. And this just so happened to be my favorite moment.

Starter.png

Choosing a starter Pokémon.

A starter Pokémon is usually your favourite Pokémon, and the Pokémon you'll be using most on your journey. Your choice sets the tone for the entire game and will effect which other Pokémon will be in your team. It's usually the Pokémon you're most attached to.

This moment is one of the most iconic moments of most of our childhoods and the action of choosing a starter Pokémon alone has achieved millions of "Likes" on Facebook.

I personally go with Charmander, Chikorita, Mudkip, Turtwig, and Oshawott depending on the game. In Pokémon XD, I choose Espeon.

• Thumbs Up 5

This is the moment that stood out to me the most. Again, from Threads of Fate. Rue's story.

Just a warning that this video has major story spoilers.

That whole scene, in which Rue discovers the name of the [relic], it's purpose, the Aeon who created it and Rue's true reason for existing was a very powerful scene for me. That scene is where the bulk of the plot's mysteries are revealed and it more or less the prelude to the final stages of the game. You now know who the true villain really is and you have your motivation for putting an end to the madness the [relic]'s existence has caused.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Generations Credits

I love those credits, seeing Sonic's 20th years passing in minutes with an awesome medley always brings a tear to my eyes. Also love the "Happy Birthday Sonic!" bit at the ending.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mines is actually a trailer for a game. Hope that counts but it is the moment of gaming history I will remember to the grave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzhOGfiIrU

Shadow the Hedgehog, mini trailer. I was super hyped for this game. I mean really really hyped. Then I went to the cinema to see "Goblet of Fire". This came on the screen. I cheered when I saw the ARK on the big screen. I have never had a mmoment quite like that in any other place or even game. Shadow, we salute you!

Favourite Moment from a Video Game...

That's actually easy for me, but whether others will agree is debatable...

Sonic Adventure: Sonic & Tails, Eggman Reunion. Vs Egg Hornet

This is my favourite scene from Sonic Adventure and possibly my favourite moment on a video game. Maybe it would be easier to understand why if you where around between Sonic 3 & Knuckles to the eventual Sonic Adventure. As this is the scene where Sonic and Tails meet Dr Robotnik after all these years. In the game, it feels like a reunion that the player is also a part of.

The badass Robotnik theme helped set the mood perfectly as the doc was back to his old ways. And was not taking a no for an answer. After the Egg Hornet battle it gets better as the sneaky devil snatches the Chaos Emerald out of Tails hands while pretending to be defeated, and formally introducing us to Chaos and his next plan.

"It's up to us to get the emeralds before Eggman, huh."

• Thumbs Up 1

My favorite moment in a video game would have to be:

The Final Moments of MOTHER 3

Obviously, I can't go into detail out of spoiler. But, my God, it was so damn touching. I honestly was not expecting the ending of the game to be that freakin' heart wrenching!

It's finally confirmed by Flint that the Masked Man is indeed Lucas' brother Claus, and then you have to go and fight him because, he can't remember who he is. It's another one of those non-traditional final moments in an EarthBound game, though. You just have to stay alive as Claus begins to recognize his brother. What follows is so damn touching as the Theme of Love slowly fades in and goes back in time to the moment Lucas and Claus were born, and then a final message from their mother that she loves them. Claus does the unthinkable and kills himself because, he didn't want to be under Porky's control anymore. My God, I seriously cried the first time.

Edited by Crow T. Robot
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 15 - Favorite Moment

In Portal 2 at the end where GLaDOS says: "Caroline deleted". It was getting so cheesy, and the music was so sweet. I thought GLaDOS went soft. Then before you know it, she slaps you across the face by killing the only kindness left in herself. The death of Caroline was just beautiful.

Edited by dirupti
  • Thumbs Up 2

Day 15 - Favorite Moment in a Video Game

The first time you find a rare weapon and 'test it out'.

You know that feeling, you find a cool looking new toy with very rare ammo and either save it for something big or try it out on the first thing you see. Whichever you choose, it's (hopefully) spectacular.

Some Examples:

Bolts of Mass Destruction from Dungeons of Dredmor - When I decided to use it in a bout of desperation against some enemies, I had no idea what it would do. What happened was a huge, expanding fireball that killed about everything in the room and took some chunks out of the walls.

Rocket Spears from Bioshock 2 - If you shoot someone with this, they will die. But first, they will turn into ragdolls and fly all over the place before exploding. It's a shame that the ammunition that is the most fun is also the rarest.

The Quantum Array from Capsized - I am just going to leave you with a picture.

kbvmzn.jpg

Yeah, it shoots controllable black holes.

Edited by Swift
  • Thumbs Up 2

So I forgot to write posts for the past forever.

I shall bring a new game into play for favourite moment, SONIC ADVENTURE.

Gamma's death to be specific

You finally defeat your brother and save the bird inside and when you go to finish him off, BAM, he gets up and shoots lasers at you. You defeat him and walk off limping, seeing the bird from inside him and Gamma's theme starts playing. You see a flashing shot of the family, eventually coming back to you fully. You try to get up and fall down. Gamma's theme stops. You explode and a sadder version of the theme starts playing it then turns happy. Beta turns around and Gamma

joins his flight

This is the closest thing to making me cry in media, next to "bye bye butterfree". Everything about it is amazing and I love it the sadness everything has been building up to this point, you've seen his entire life.

Alright, favorite moment! Let's step on back to the Sonic series for this one:

Sonic and the Black Knight - Sonic's Last Stand (0:49 to 5:31)

It's moments like these that remind me of why I love Sonic's character so much. He's faced with impossible odds, overpowered, and without his magical aid, but does that stop him? HECK. NO. He just keeps rushing at the Dark Queen again and again without backing down and simply refuses to give in. He gets ripped to shreds, but he's still able to get up and try again. No matter how many times the other Knights say that it's hopeless, he doesn't believe them. He's gotta do what he's gotta do. This scene is easily one of Sonic's greatest character moments in the entire series and shows us exactly why he's the hero. Backed up by fantastic voicework from Jason Griffith and an epic soundtrack by Jun Senoue, and you have my favorite gaming moment of all time.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 5

BIG DAMN HEROES MOMENT OF FINAL FANTASY X

Okay, picture this. One of you're party members who is crucial to the plot, just got kidnapped by a bunch of stnikin Guado, led by this bastard

ffx_4.jpg

Apparently hes forcing our dear Yuna to marry him, well fuck that!

Before all this went down we had to fight our way through the Al Bhed's Home, it was crawling with monsters and it was set to blow. We escaped like badasses and went off to save our woman, now from here the awesome just picks up as we're barrleing our way to the wedding, we encounter this bastard.

Evrae.jpg

Gotta hand it to Seymour, he has some tight security for this wedding. But even this monster can't keep us from our goal, it's a pretty tough boss fight but is simply a prelude to the greatness to come. What I about this boss is that he paints a picture to the player of what he's in for if he goes further, after all hes just the guardian, not the big kahuna himself.

First off, this music

Adrenaline inducing, blood pumping, high octane awesome. This plays right after you rape that dragon and now nothing can get in the way of the Guardians and Yuna, and as the player I was fucking hyped as hell to finally confront Seymour and save Yuna, who has been absent from the party a good length of time.

Then this scene happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6hfCIFU8k

Fuck yes, crashing weddings like a boss. I never get tired of this moment, with that epic music playing, the great CGi, all that shit that's going down, truly amazing to me.

Between escaping explosions, slaying a dragon, and crashing a wedding in the most epic was possible. It truly is my favorite moment in a video game, you feel like such a boss going through all of that, that you feel unstoppable.

Oh shit, I forgot about this gem of a scene

four_giants.jpg

I dunno why, but it's just a powerful scene to me. Watching that moon slowly come down on Termina, and seeing the Giants slowly appear from their respective areas to help, it really makes the player feel that hes done something significant during his journey because your literally watching the world be saved, rather than it be inferred. And the music during this scene was amazing.

Edited by Grooseinator032
  • Thumbs Up 2

Carbo, you should have just named this "Best Moment in a Pheonix Wright Game," because that's basically what it will come down to.

Spolier'ed Because Spoilers

Pheonix Wright - Ace Attorney

Rise From the Ashes - Final Day

Never before, and arguably never after, was someone in this series so thoroughly and viciously hoist by their own petard as when Damon Gant strung himself up from the rafters in his attempt to get Pheonix disbarred (skip to 3:45 to see the best of it, though the whole video is the setup). And it was glorious. He dug himself in so deep that he couldn't even see the sky, and he didn't even know it.

And depending on what the subcategories for this day will be, you can probably guess what my choices will be for them too.

• Thumbs Up 6

Day 15 - Best moment in a videogame

first off i just want to get one thing clear

OSU! Tatakae Ouendan 2 far surpasses elite beat agents, as it is the origins of that type of game, so keep your EBA and witness the final level of the second game

now that is out of the way... time for MY favourite gaming moment/s

i can't exactly pinpoint any single moment... but there are times that always send shivers down my spine

Super Sonic Transformation Scenes

mostly the SA2 Super transformation scene, just you know the world is going to end and you know everyone doubts sonic can do it, and even Sonic himself probably doubts he can do it alone... then Shadow agrees to settle their differences for the sake of mankind, and its that moment, when they call the chaos emeralds down and the live and learn medley starts to play... thats what gets you pumped and ready to save the world, and when you battle final hazard, you hear your friends talking out to you, praising you, telling you to give it all you've got, "you're man kinds last hope!" and you stop breathing because you're concentrating so much on saving this virtual planet from imminent doom, then you hear eggman "The Ark is entering Earth's atmosphere... you don't have much time left!" it really kicks you into overdrive! that final hit! YES!

you trigger the cutscene, that cutscene we all hated to see CHAOS CONTROL

Shadow falling to his death, but feeling complete and at peace "Maria..this is what you wanted right? this is the promise i made to you..."

the credits start rolling while Sonic makes it back to the Ark's control room, you hear the banter between all the characters while sad music plays and sonic ends it as they leave the room for home... he looks back "Sayonara...Shadow the Hedgehog..."

THEN LIVE AND LEARN PLAYS as the credits roll... and you watch the Ark orbit the Earth and it just tugs at your emotions (i baaaaww'd like a bitch ;____; ) and even the little random message at the end...

"A new day brings new Adventure

But for now...

Rest easy Heroes..."

FFFFFFFFF....

nothing has come close to that moment in a Sonic game, not even Sonic's Death in 06

i doubt anything ever will!

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2t8i5qDZ8s

Battle of the Bands - Space Channel 5 Part 2

My god this game reached levels of epic that I couldn't believe were possible in a rhythm game, and this is the peak in my opinion. Here, Ulala, along with her major rival, Pudding, the head of the Sexy Space Police, Pine, the leader of the Marolian race, Hoorg, and the game's incarnation of the King of Pop himself, Space Micheal, band together to form one epic team as they face off against the Shadows. The music is what really makes the moment for me, I mean just listen to it, it's absolutely thrilling, and as the battle progresses the tempo and the epicness increases. I just love it so.

Vs. Dancing Purge/Purge the Great

Ok, so if the Battle of the Bands was the peak, then this is the fucking moon. It starts out as a bit of a surprise, Purge removes his robe to reveal his fabulous attire underneath, and distracts Ulala long enough to allow his Ballistic Groove Gun to fully charge. Then the bastard goes on to become Purge the Great, some crazy looking giant electric version of himself that wears President Peace as a stylish arm band. At this point Ulala has met her match, she barely has enough groove left to dodge Purge's attacks, and finally he gets the upper hand. The groove gun is able to complete charging, and finally Purge has wo-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYD7cnh5teM

"WHEN HAVE I EVER LOST... AT DANCING!?!"

Suddenly, with the combined cheers of the residents of the galaxy, Ulala is revived and is able to become Super Ulala (Yes, I giggled when I first saw it too) and now she, along with everyone from across the galazy combine forces to take on Purge the Great. The entire battle has an epic remix of the game's main theme, mexican flyer, playing in the background as they dance, sing, and shout together and even rescue the president from the clutches of the of Purge. Then, once Purge has had enough everyone returns to the real world from Dance Dimension X to the real world, and end it off with Fuse's return and the combined hearts of the entire galaxy being focused into his antennae to send Purge soaring into the emptiness of space (but he apparantly survives) Followed by the obligatory sturt to the end of the universe.

Honorable Mention:

Elite Beat Agents Finale: Basically everything that has been said about this before me

Edited by New Year's Cero
  • Thumbs Up 2

Favorite Moment

Super%20Mario%2064%20%282%29.gif

I've talked about this game a lot, I know, but if we've got to go with favorite moments, then taking control of Mario in 3D for the first time has to be it. I've already mentioned how much I enjoy the whimsy and sense of adventure Super Mario 64 has, but once you come out of that warp pipe you know that you're in for something big. There's no music- just ambient sounds playing as you make your way to the huge castle right in front of you.

That stuck with me forever. I can't really think of a single thing in a videogame that left as big of an impression on me, and that's why it's my favorite moment.

• Thumbs Up 2

first off i just want to get one thing clear

OSU! Tatakae Ouendan 2 far surpasses elite beat agents, as it is the origins of that type of game, so keep your EBA and witness the final level of the second game

I OBJECT TO THAT STATEMENT!

The Osu Tatakae Ouendan 2 climax shamelessly copied the climax of Elite Beat Agents. Notice that both feature the main trio imprisoned and subsequently freed by the combined cast chanting their name.

Both were pretty damn awesome, though, but Ouendan 2 acknowledged EBA's superior climax with their failure to produce something better. Still, the regular levels and beat maps of Oendan 2 were a definite improvement over EBA, so points for that.

EDIT: I see your second post, and would argue against your false claim with the fury of a thousand suns, but I don't want to go too far off-topic on this fantastic thread. So yeah.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 3