Awoo.

Anti-Amy Rose petition

SHAX Hedgefox

Arguably Amy's upskirt problem stems from her parental issues that go unexplored. It also reinforces that she has daddy issues, thus wanting a male of her species to hold her (her obsession with Sonic). She also appears to be bipolar, switching between violent, aggressive, and forceful to weak, sensitive, and needy; which both adds depth to her character while making her more unstable and less appealing.

I'm highly surprised that they're picking on Amy regarding showing off skin when Rouge and Sally are far worse offenders.

Under Spaz's and Axer's tenure, Sally and characters similar to her were drawn with bodies that closely resembled that of young women. With very defined 'shapes'. Seriously, the only thing that would have made Sally look any more naked would be drawing nipples on her, it got to such a point. I'm no pervy observer in the slightest, that was how blatantly obvious it was.

Whilst Rouge...well, I'm frankly amazed how non-controversial she has appeared to be considering the soccer moms out there. Especially considering the jiggle physics in SA2/B.

If Amy had any reason to generate controversy no matter how pathetic it is, I'd say it would've been the panty shots. And even that's probably pushing it. But then I'd not be surprised in the slightest if this was one big joke or trolling effort.

Panty shots. violence, and making up fake boyfriends in desperate attempts to get a guy to like you.

That last one is actually pretty common in real life, and former sort of too.

Is Amy Rose a Myspace teenybopper?

I dunno ask Sega. Ya know other than exaggerating those flaws she has(Which happens a lot), I really see no problem with.

making up fake boyfriends in desperate attempts to get a guy to like you.

Take Chronicles with a grain of salt, I say.

This is the same game that had Sonic and GUN happily attempt to kill Eggman in cold blood, and appear quite positive about his apparent death, something that would be horridly out of character for Sonic in other games. (Even Archie Sonic's not that jaded) Bioware's writing for the cast is anything but reflective of how they're usually written, even if you do accept Chronicles as canon.

This is the same game that had Sonic and GUN happily attempt to kill Eggman in cold blood, and appear quite positive about his apparent death, something that would be horridly out of character for Sonic in other games. (Even Archie Sonic's not that jaded) Bioware's writing for the cast is anything but reflective of how they're usually written, even if you do accept Chronicles as canon.

Well that's more of the dialogue trees that you can choose, but on the other end of the scale. Amy was a lot more saner by comparison, and only had few out bursts mostly which were provoked by someone else, Knuckles wasn't a moron(Though he reminded more of Shadow instead), so it kind of goes both ways.

Well that's more of the dialogue trees that you can choose, but on the other end of the scale. Amy was a lot more saner by comparison, and only had few out bursts mostly which were provoked by someone else, Knuckles wasn't a moron(Though he reminded more of Shadow instead), so it kind of goes both ways.

I'll echo a brilliant post of DC111's here and say that if you can't write in-character then don't do dialogue trees at all. The excuse that "you don't have to pick it" doesn't and shouldn't wash whatsoever. There's still the murderous undertones in the way GUN and Sonic attacked his Egg Carrier with intentionally lethal force.

I'll echo a brilliant post of DC111's here and say that if you can't write in-character then don't do dialogue trees at all. The excuse that "you don't have to pick it" doesn't and shouldn't wash whatsoever. There's still the murderous undertones in the way GUN and Sonic attacked his Egg Carrier with intentionally lethal force.

Ok Sonic is one thing, but is it really that hard to believe GUN would want Eggman dead? Or at least not above using lethal force? They are military after all.

Actually it kind bugs me that Sonic would even work with the military.

Rouge: Ooooh Something Shiny

Shadow: DON'T TOUCH IT!

Actually how many times has Rouge been put in danger compared to Amy?

That I know of in the games;

Danger count

Rouge-8(counting herpaderp identity revealed moment.)

Amy-6

Elise-4

Blaze-2(both suicide attempts)

-----

Rescue count

Rouge-7

Amy-4

Elise-4

Blaze-1

Edited by Vantoggle

I support this. She is with Big the most useless characters of all Sonic characters. She has no use, role or importance in any Sonic game. Rouge > Amy IMO.

Erm...Adventure series? Have you not played them at all?

Please SEGA don't listen to these fools...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok Sonic is one thing, but is it really that hard to believe GUN would want Eggman dead?

GUN isn't what I have a problem with. Yes, they probably do want to kill him.

GUN trying to kill Eggman is par for the course.

Sonic and his friends trying to kill Eggman is horrific, and makes our bright happy heroes look like cold-blooded killers. They're better than that, and have even fought alongside him to save the world on a few occasions. It is inconceivable that a properly-written Sonic would even think about taking a person's life, even if that person is his world-conquering arch-nemesis. It's one issue I see Sonic absolutely not siding with GUN on.

Which brings us back to Chronicles being a shoddy portrayal of anything that could be considered "in character." If Sonic was as off as he was, Amy's portrayal is hardly the most accurate depiction to go by.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 2

Amy-6

Elise-4

Well, at least Amy hasn't gotten kidnapped more than one in the same game.....ugh

Amy-6

Elise-4

How many of each were 06 alone?

Yeah the Freedom Fighters are useless just like the video game characters are useless. Well actually no. The Freedom Fighters are better. Sonic can pretty much Solo the universe in the games. I'm pretty sure that would have been the most boring comic ever made.

They're totally pointless in just about every way possible. What happened to Tails and Knuckles? Also, I actually don't mind pointless characters so much, but when they STEAL the spotlight from the real main characters from the games...THEN I get mad.

Sonic and his friends trying to kill Eggman is horrific, and makes our bright happy heroes look like cold-blooded killers. They're better than that, and have even fought alongside him to save the world on a few occasions. It is inconceivable that a properly-written Sonic would even think about taking a person's life, even if that person is his world-conquering arch-nemesis. It's one issue I see Sonic absolutely not siding with GUN on.

Ya know, as squeaky clean as our heroes are, I don't think they ever cared if Eggman died or not, there's never been a hint of it, I think its because most of the time they assume Eggman gets away(Which he does), I mean at the end of Colors its not like Sonic or Tails were concerned about him, considering he fell into a black hole, I guess Sonic is just Genre Savvy enough to know that Eggman won't go down so easily.

Which brings us back to Chronicles being a shoddy portrayal of anything that could be considered "in character." If Sonic was as off as he was, Amy's portrayal is hardly the most accurate depiction to go by.

I dunno, it was rather refreshing to see Amy acting sensible most of the time with the occasional outburst rather than getting angry at the drop of a hat and being a bitch to everyone.

Bah, Shadic93 and Dr. Mechano pregtty much covered all fronts. Anyway pathetic petition is pathetic for having pathetic reasons.

Edit: Oh, it was made by KrazyKacophony, even more reason to say it's pathetic.

Anyway, like Shadic said, Amy is on the same boat as Sakura Haruno (and I might add a certain pink haired girl from Macross 7 as well), and while they DO have their flaws, it's precisely that what I find likeable in them because that along their virtues and their personalities is what make them some of the most human characters and are a nice change from the perfect female characters that are more product of positive discrimination as well as wish fulfillment and IMO come off as far more offensive than anything Amy/Sakura can ever be, especially in fiction where if a girl is too girly she's useless and if she ever dares to show a bit of fire in her she's a bitch...

Edited by Skull Leader

They're totally pointless in just about every way possible. What happened to Tails and Knuckles? Also, I actually don't mind pointless characters so much, but when they STEAL the spotlight from the real main characters from the games...THEN I get mad.

Edited by Dejablue

Erm...Adventure series? Have you not played them at all?

Please SEGA don't listen to these fools...

Fools? I'm sure we can discuss things without name-calling.

In SA, she was the second most useless character in the game. She makes Tails look like a badass.

When have Amy or Tails ever tried to be bad ass? I don't care much for the Adventure games, especially Adventure 1, the characters are bland paper cut outs and the lines are cringe worthy. Adventure 2 was better but it wasn't really long enough to show all of the character's personalities.

Edited by SuperClassic

In SA, she was the second most useless character in the game. She makes Tails look like a badass.

So beating up a robot that's been harassing you for the whole game isn't badass huh? Does Amy have to be a female Shadow to be worth anything, I mean really. Your shallow perception of characters really says your just a blind fanboy.

• Thumbs Up 1

When have Amy or Tails ever tried to be bad ass?

Never. I'm saying that Amy is one of the weakest character in SA.