Awoo.

Anti-Amy Rose petition

SHAX Hedgefox

I support this. She is with Big the most useless characters of all Sonic characters. She has no use, role or importance in any Sonic game. Rouge > Amy IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 11

In all seriousness for a second (and don't take this to mean that I support the petition) there is a school of thought that finds Amy Rose offensive for basically being the most stereotypical of spoiled, "girly-girl" female characters. Especially when she's quite often the only female representation in Sonic's band of heroes, but then this is a fault of many other franchises aimed at the teenage male market. Indeed, whenever I see her ranting about how she can't have Sonic, or throwing herself at her man and talking of marriage, etc. etc. even I find it slightly offensive... and I'm a guy! Also added to that is her voice, which is just plain awful.

Should there be a serious future for Amy Rose, I think it needs to include something above and beyond "Eeeee, I'm a girl and I love Sonic, eeeeeeeeeee!" to have any kind of point or relevance. Otherwise she'll just continue to bug most people and cause fan arguments.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lul because there can only be one girl in the sonic series.....

• Thumbs Up 2

Who are you replying to? If you are to me, I'm not saying that there can't be more than 2, I'm just saying that Amy needs a bigger role.

PELLY SHOULD BE THE ONLY GIRL IN THE SONIC GAMES SEGA GET RID OF AMY AND ROUGE NOW PELLY FOR SONIC'S NEW STALKER! XD

I love both Amy & Rouge none of them should go both great charatecers in which they can be improve in Generations and future Sonic games but I want to see more Rouge in the Main games since she hasn't been seen in a Main game since 2006 (Colours DS doesn't count for me :P) :)

Who are you replying to? If you are to me, I'm not saying that there can't be more than 2, I'm just saying that Amy needs a bigger role.

I don't think she was replying to anybody I think

Edited by SHADDiX LeTO CRoFT
  • Thumbs Up 1

We talking about which one girl should stay if the petition creator had their way and only one girl could exist?

Okay then, that's easy. Espio every time. No offence to any Amy, Rouge, Cream, Tails, Blaze or Wave fans.

Of course I'm joking, I find this petition as ridiculous as you lot. Bumbleking are laughing at her too.

Although the Japanese version of Sonic X episode 78 doesn't help the above joke,,,

Edited by VEDJ-F

I love how their argument basically amounts to Amy being a bad influence, like any of the characters are a good influence. Yeah better ban Amy before kids start carrying hammers around and while you're at it better ban Shadow before kids start carrying guns around and ban Knuckles before kids start punching everything and ban Tails before kids start trying to fly and hurt themselves and ban Sonic before kids start jumping on household appliances. Also loled at the part about the Amy fans. If we banned each character whose fans got into fights WE WOULD HAVE NO CHARACTERS LEFT! That and the mentioning of Sally gives me the hint that this petition might be a teensy bit biased cos I've seen about as many Sally fans start fights as I have Amy fans.

Sonic is a bad influence on my children! When they get angry they try and Sonic Spin Attack their teachers and friends at school. They also walk around naked in public with nothing but shoes and gloves on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic is a bad influence on my children! When they get angry they try and Sonic Spin Attack their teachers and friends at school. They also walk around naked in public with nothing but shoes and gloves on.

• Thumbs Up 2

As a kid and the “target audience” for Amy Rose at the time, I remember having severe difficulty liking the character because her prowess, goals, and accomplishments, were so petty and insignificant in comparison to the rest of the cast. For the intended age group, the act of flashing your panties was never "cool" or "risk-ay", it was silly or annoying and often a source of ridicule. "Heck, Tikal actually did stuff, why couldn't I play as her instead?"

The key thing about poor female role models is that they are either rewarded or unpunished for their negative traits. Often dragging several characters into stress or agony for their own incompetence and never feeling sorry.Theoretically this would lead girls down the path of manipulation and never learn the art of self reliance. Today, it’s not that she has a romantic interest that makes her personality weak, it’s that it’s her defining trait. This gives her the image as one of the oldest, most cliché of female depictions. I understand that girls tend to want to stick with one guy, but what normal girl is so obsessed with getting married at twelve? She reminds me more of a six year old that doesn't understand the concept. I dunno, maybe I hung out with a weird crowd.

Strangely enough, though Amy is still remembered as the token damsel in distress, I actually think both Elise and Rouge have had to be rescued more times than her. I recall Rouge in particular being placed in danger at times simply because she was wearing heels or compelled towards something shiny like a moth to a flame. If anybody needs spaz-retardant classes, it’s probably her.

Edited by Vantoggle
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rouge: Ooooh Something Shiny

Shadow: DON'T TOUCH IT!

Actually how many times has Rouge been put in danger compared to Amy?

Rouge: Ooooh Something Shiny

Shadow: DON'T TOUCH IT!

Actually how many times has Rouge been put in danger compared to Amy?

In all seriousness for a second (and don't take this to mean that I support the petition) there is a school of thought that finds Amy Rose offensive for basically being the most stereotypical of spoiled, "girly-girl" female characters. Especially when she's quite often the only female representation in Sonic's band of heroes, but then this is a fault of many other franchises aimed at the teenage male market. Indeed, whenever I see her ranting about how she can't have Sonic, or throwing herself at her man and talking of marriage, etc. etc. even I find it slightly offensive... and I'm a guy! Also added to that is her voice, which is just plain awful.
  • Thumbs Up 1

....I don't know whats worse, the fact that people actually signed the damned thing, or the fact that we actually made a topic about it.

Oh I can't wait for Skull Leader to get here, should be fun.

Ya know Amy isn't exactly the most....inspirational female around, but hell this series isn't known for its deep characterizations, I'd say Amy is in the same boat as another red dressed pink haired female lead.

....I don't know whats worse, the fact that people actually signed the damned thing, or the fact that we actually made a topic about it.

Oh I can't wait for Skull Leader to get here, should be fun.

Ya know Amy isn't exactly the most....inspirational female around, but hell this series isn't known for its deep characterizations, I'd say Amy is in the same boat as another red dressed pink haired female lead.

Sonic the Comic Amy is boring. Give me Archie Amy. She's still obsessed for Sonic but she doesn't scratch any of the other girls eyes out for him. And she's a good fighter, whacky and strong.

Sonic the Comic Amy is boring. Give me Archie Amy. She's still obsessed for Sonic but she doesn't scratch any of the other girls eyes out for him. And she's a good fighter, whacky and strong.

Eh I couldn't care...unless we turn this into an Amy personality debate thread.