Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

...I'd still much rather see Tails instead though, but I have a sinking feeling Sakurai will go with Shadow instead because he's so damn easy to make a clone character out of.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Some information we've gleaned from SSB4 thanks to a conversation Sakurai had with Iwata on his Japanese blog:

>He's been working on it for about 2 years

>He's had to keep it incredibly secret and hold back a lot due to not knowing the hardware's capability

>The 3DS version is going to be aimed at casual gamers and those new to the series, being a separate game. Yes, the 3DS is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT game.

>The Wii U version is aiming for 50 characters and is being aimed at the core audience it lost with Brawl.

If you read Japanese, source is here:

http://www.project-sora.co.jp/interview2/index.html

Yoooooooooooo

I'm willing to bet money on the 3DS version turning out to be more or less "Kirby gameplay with characters from other franchises". Not that I'd complain, in fact I'd love that.

I'm willing to bet money on the 3DS version turning out to be more or less "Kirby gameplay with characters from other franchises". Not that I'd complain, in fact I'd love that.

3DS ver. - brawl style gameplay

WiiU ver. closer to melee style.

believe it

Holy shit he's been making it for the past 2 years?! Potential launch title?

I guess that pretty much confirms tripping being out of the Wii U version.

I found the Subspace Emissary a bit...lacking in certain ways. Looking back at the cutscenes, it's mainly "Oh hey other Nintendo character who happens to be nearby, let's beat up some random guys who've never appeared in a game before." It got a bit repetitive after a while though it still had its moments. If the story mode returns I hope Sonic plays a bigger part, as cool as it was seeing him save the day at the last second in Brawl. The Sonic reveal trailer led me to believe he was supposed to team up with Mario at some point and I ended up disappointed.

What I'm really looking forward to for Mario's parts in the game is what Galaxy references they'll have. A Gusty Garden stage could be interesting. Rosalina is almost certainly a shoe-in at least as an assist trophy.

Megaman.

Nintendo

just

listen for a second

fuckin'

just put megaman in

that's it

keep everyone from brawl and just fuckin throw megaman in

and toss ike's ass out

I mean not because he's overpowered because he's actually decently balanced compared to like fucking meta knight

but nobody fucking likes him

where the fuck is my roy

Just

Roy and Megaman

that's all I ask

• Thumbs Up 3

Soldier's quote implies an outright overhaul/evolution of the mechanics, rather than an 'expansion'.

I just realized one thing I want changed.

If Sonic is to be kept, replace his shitty aerial-forward A with an overhead spike much like the one from Sonic Battle.

• Thumbs Up 3

50 fucking characters? Wat. Also, they're both completely different games? Well shit, take all my goddamn money why don't you?

My dream roster would be....

Kolona

Earthworm Jim

Ridley

Keep Sonic but add a skin to change his eye colour to classic.

Tails

Knuckles

Muthafucking Omochao

Mii

Wonder woman

Just putting this on this page because it looks like not everyone saw it:

Do not expect 50 characters. That was probably a mistranslation. Another translation of the same interview says something entirely different.

Link.

Sakurai had actually begun thinking about what he'd do with the next Smash Bros. while he worked on Kid Icarus. He felt that it would be wrong to make a mere extension of Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He did not feel that it would be right to just increase the volume, adding 50 characters or doubling the stages for instance. He also felt it would be wrong to just improve the visuals. This is why he felt that selecting to make the game for the console just because it would have greater performance would be wrong.
Edited by The Soldier

I hope they make edgehogging as easy as it was back in Melee.

I'll totally play as ROB and deny Link and Mario players the edges all day, just because it's so simple to do so. =)

Edited by fluffybunnyboy

This would be my dream roster:

Mario Franchise

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Bowser

Bowser jr

Rosalina

Zelda

Link

Zelda

Ganondorf

Toon Link

Minda

Sonic Franchise

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Eggman

Shadow

Pokemon

Pikachu

Jigglypuff

Mewtwo

Red: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard

Dawn: Chikorita, Combusken, Empoleon (all female)

Lucario

Samurott

Metroid

Samus

Ridley

Donkey Kong

Donkey kong

Diddy Kong

King K Rool

Kirby

Kirby

Meta Knight

king DDD

Mother

Ness

Lucas

Metal gear Solid

Snake

Oceolot

Star Fox

Fox

wolf

Krystal

Falco

Fire Emblem

Ike

Roy

Marth

Lyn

Yoshi

Yoshi

Wario Series

Wario

other nintendo characters

Pit (kid icarus)

Ice Climbers

Mr Game and Watch

Olimar

Rob

Issac (golden sun)

Saki (sin and punishment)

Stafy

Mighty Mac

Duck hunt dog

Other 3rd party characters

Mega Man

Edited by Johnny Boy

I like Johnny's list.

-amy

+shadow

-Mac

+Megaman

And this would make my list. Duck hunt dog...You had me there. :lol:

We only need one guy and one guy only....

Tetris block!!!

post-614-0-57996000-1307661134_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-57996000-1307661134_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually, speaking of that, I'm honestly kinda surprised that we didn't get a Tetris STAGE way back in Brawl despite the fact we got two remixes for it. Though that might be because I'm a real sucker for gimmick stages like that.

Actually, speaking of that, I'm honestly kinda surprised that we didn't get a Tetris STAGE way back in Brawl despite the fact we got two remixes for it. Though that might be because I'm a real sucker for gimmick stages like that.