Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

Looks like a staple addition to the NSMB series. Better than the one that have come before it, but still not too interesting. Safe bet of a game that will be fun enough I guess.

I wonder what the Story will be.....:V

Mario and Friends have to stop Bowser from stealing Van goh pantings and save princess peach.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of these days, Princess Peach needs get her own campaign where she must charm Bowser or one of his minions into lowering their guard so she can pull off an elaborate escape, only for Mario and Co. to accidentally get in her way while she is escaping. This would lead to a final confrontation with an embarassed Bowser allowing the use of Peach.

Seriously, you would think having the ability to use a pointy parasol, kitchenware, golf clubs, and frying pans would have at least given her some method of defense.

Edited by Enigmatus
  • Thumbs Up 1

One of these days, Princess Peach needs get her own campaign where she must charm Bowser or one of his minions into lowering their guard so she can pull off an elaborate escape, only for Mario and Co. to accidentally get in her way while she is escaping. This would lead to a final confrontation with an embarassed Bowser allowing the use of Peach.

Seriously, you would think having the ability to use a pointy parasol, kitchenware, golf clubs, and frying pans would have at least given her some method of defense.

250px-Super_Princess_Peach.jpg

Kinda easy but still a pretty good game.

This game alone justifies my purchase of a Wii U.

FRICKIN' SQUIRREL MARIO!

• Thumbs Up 1

This game alone justifies my purchase of a Wii U.

FRICKIN' SQUIRREL MARIO!

• Thumbs Up 1

This (along with its 3DS brother) justifies the statement that Nintendo does milk its franchises.

• Thumbs Up 7

You're kinda preaching to the choir on that one Scar :P But you're right. I hope there's at least some connectivity between the two, would be interesting to see how it works.

As much of a Mario fan that I am this game alone DOES NOT justify a Wii U purchase for me.

Edited by canderson

You're kinda preaching to the choir on that one Scar tongue.png But you're right. I hope there's at least some connectivity between the two, would be interesting to see how it works.

Ok, I'll be honest.

I don't give a shit if it's lazy, just as long as it's a game I can have fun with and enjoy with a long while.

And NSMBU doesn't look as lazy as the other environments. The baby Yoshies are coming back, sure, but they're used in unique ways. The Flying Squirrel suit is essentially the Knuckles suit, but that's fine by me.

Throw in online, and I'm sold. I just want a solid Mario platformer to hold me over until the really awesome titles arrive.

• Thumbs Up 6

IGN has uploaded a game floor demo of NSMBU

It looks like player 1 now has the option to play as a Mii rather than Mario.

To that I say no thank you. I play Mario platformer to play as Mario not as a Mii. (Yes I know that its optional)

It looks like player 1 now has the option to play as a Mii rather than Mario.
Well, it's a start. Maybe if they're allowing this we can pick from the other characters too? (Luigi all day every day)

Also I'm kind of worried that the baby Yoshis won't grow up by feeding them, that they're basically this game's propeller blocks rather than (potential) full Yoshis. Especially if they're still not letting you keep Yoshi between levels.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, it's a start. Maybe if they're allowing this we can pick from the other characters too? (Luigi all day every day)

Also I'm kind of worried that the baby Yoshis won't grow up by feeding them, that they're basically this game's propeller blocks rather than (potential) full Yoshis. Especially if they're still not letting you keep Yoshi between levels.

Don't worry, from the E3 pic, it showed a full green Yoshi being ridden by Mario, so at least we know Adult Yoshi's are in the game. One can bet that Yoshi's turn into Full Growns after eating 5 enemies like World.

I think that the baby Yoshis are staying that way. With each color baby given a special feature like the blue one using bubble beam.

If we get ANYTHING good in this game, LET IT PLEASE BE THE ABILITY TO BRING YOSHI INTO OTHER LEVELS.

(Also glad I'm not the only one who thought of Knuckles with the squirrel suit, lol!)

Last year's E3, a guy played a demo with Luigi alone.

New Super Luigi Brothers. Make it happen Nintendo! As stupid as it is to care, I actually really want it.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

[media=]

Are u sure this isn't the super guide?

I hope we get the option to play as whoever, I love Luigi and I'm down to beat the whole game as Luigi only. I hated in NSMBWii how player 1 HAD to be Mario, I always wanted to be Luigi.

I must say, I'm pretty damn excited for this game. I didn't think a NSMB game could ever get me super excited, but the idea of buying a new Nintendo console and picking up a new 2D Mario game at launch with a great art style and tons of elements from Super Mario World just has me really pumped to pick this up. This and Pikmin 3 will be definite must buys for me.

Don't worry, from the E3 pic, it showed a full green Yoshi being ridden by Mario, so at least we know Adult Yoshi's are in the game. One can bet that Yoshi's turn into Full Growns after eating 5 enemies like World.
That there are adult green Yoshis doesn't guarantee that the special baby Yoshis can grow up. And considering their special powers are activated by shaking, which if I remember correctly made you jump off Yoshi in NSMBWii...well I'm not sure how you'd activate their powers when fully grown, and it'd be a bit strange if they just became ordinary Yoshis.

And as much as I like these games, this would not be the first time they showed us something that looked cool but ended up being pretty crippled compared to what we expected based on past games.

Ah, good. Well let's hope they don't suddenly decide to remove that option.

And then maybe, just maybe, we may get playable characters besides Mario, Luigi, Toads, and Miis in the game after this.

• Thumbs Up 2

They should at least have Wario. I mean, come on, he stars in his own platforming series.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's making pointless moves like shooting ice balls at nothing, so I doubt it.

Super Guide can be de activated and you can continue playing as Luigi. Thats what I did in NSMBWii in order to play as Luigi once

With Miis, I will finally be able to realize my dream of playing as Chuck Norris in a Mario game.

• Thumbs Up 5