Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

Really interested to know what the chicken power-up was for other than the obvious slow disent flying. Maybe a peck attack. This must have lead to the Penguin Suit

Yoshi-style egg throwing?

Really interested to know what the chicken power-up was for other than the obvious slow disent flying. Maybe a peck attack. This must have lead to the Penguin Suit

It allows Mario to steal toys, run a toy company, and eat cheetos all day.

Al.jpg

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 9

Yoshi-style egg throwing?

Probably something like that. I could have also had the ability for slow down falls or float slightly further when jumping too. Chickens CAN fly, just not very well.

Wait, if this is based off Mario world...

...then that list Azukara found may be right!

If this turns out to be New Super Mario World, then look out for a Zelda HD collection with Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Four Swords.

But sorslor, this is shaping up to be a pretty cool game.

Sooo can we change this title to "New super mario bros Wii-U"?

That Yoshi looks so drugged up.

11.jpg

I'm loving Lightbulb Yoshi though. Yoshi, use Flash!

Edited by Joshua

I hate to say it, but I think they've won me over with those high as fuck baby Yoshis.

Baby Yoshi looked like that in Mario World too. I have no idea why they look like they're on something.

Requesting Topic Change to New Super Mario Bros. U

[media=]

Obviously based on Mario World for obvious reasons, (Yoshi, Goombas and Boos from World). And the Backgrounds look amazing. Just look at the Boo stage background!

All in all looks fun and better then NSMB Wii. A new power-up for Mario is a plus in my book, along with badass Yoshis. Although I'm not to fond to see Yellow and Blue Toad again, I hope this has online.

Edited by Nintendoga

Requesting Topic Change to New Super Mario Bros. U

[media=]

Obviously based on Mario World for obvious reasons, (Yoshi, Goombas and Boos from World). And the Backgrounds look amazing. Just look at the Boo stage background!

All in all looks fun and better then NSMB Wii. A new power-up for Mario is a plus in my book, along with badass Yoshis. Although I'm not to fond to see Yellow and Blue Toad again, I hope this has online.

I just noticed the mushroom in the tree but I did see Bowser in the background of the Boo stage.

....That Boo stage's background is styled with crayon/pastel art seen in Yoshi's Island.

YES.

• Thumbs Up 1

Parts of it look great, others still look bland as fuck. DAT BOO LEVEL. DAT SNOW LEVEL. DAT BIG ROCK FROM THE MARIO WORLD TITLE SCREEN. But then there a bunch of other parts that barely look any different from the last two games. Like the water level and the sky level.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks great, nothing special but the improved visuals, return of the SMW overworld, new power-ups, baby Yoshis, etc all have me excited.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's nice to see normal Yoshi is still in the game too. I hope the Koopa kids return again as well. I think this looks pretty great honestly. Not amazing and I'm still annoyed that we get Toads (and Miis) as characters instead of Peach, Wario etc. but it's still easily my favorite showing from Nintendo this E3. Not really a Pikmin fan......

Details about New Super Mario Bros. U

New Super Mario Bros. U is a new, side-scrolling adventure featuring Mario, Luigi, Toad … and your Mii character. Now’s your chance to step inside the Mushroom Kingdom and explore new worlds, new power-ups and new ways to play.

Features:

Swoop through levels and cling to walls when Mario transforms into Flying Squirrel Mario, or gently float through the air while hanging onto Tiny Balloon Yoshi.

The Wii U GamePad controller offers a new way to play multiplayer in this game. An extra player can jump into the action using the new Boost mode, creating platforms out of thin air to help others navigate tricky stages or access hidden or hard-to-reach items.

Boost mode also makes cooperative speed runs possible for the first time. Use the GamePad to interact with and manipulate enemies and objects in real time, allowing for new ways to find the fastest routes through each level.

Play on the big screen or the small screen. Switch game play from the TV to the GamePad at any time to continue playing even when others are using the TV.

Experience Mario together like never before with Miiverse. See other players’ comments and accomplishments while you play and leave your own feedback for others to see when connected to the Nintendo Network.

I wonder what the Boost Mode looks like. Also I hope the Baby Yoshi grows into a full grown Yoshi once it eats enough enemies.

Edited by Nintendoga

Some screenshots

New-Super-Mario-Bros.-U.jpg

Oh Nintendo, you sly dog, both Green Yoshi and Luigi are ripped stock art from NSMBWii