Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

Here we go with the never ending look at the graphics of an hd console to a handheld in which 3d was given the priority

Was it too much to ask? I was convinced that the 3DS is a lot more than just a DS with 3D capability, but a lot more powerful than its predecessor. Besides the overall look of the 3DS game is a major talking point.

Was it too much to ask? I was convinced that the 3DS is a lot more than just a DS with 3D capability, but a lot more powerful than its predecessor. Besides the overall look of the 3DS game is a major talking point.

>Assuming Nintendo cares about hardware leaps in favor of gimmicks

....NAAHHH I'm just messin' around, we're all havin' a good ole time.

About that comment with the flying Squirrel, here's something a NeoGaf user said

He's right about the Cape=flying Squirrel analogy, and he's also right about the World Map.

OK, seriously? I've been saying this about the squirrel suit from the start.

Anyways, NSMB Mii at least looks like it's getting a bit more effort put into it - mainly from a graphical standpoint - but I'm still not too pumped for it. What's the new draw?

New fun levels?

Also, regardless of how good the game is, if the plot doesn't involve Peach getting kidnapped, I will buy it day-one, no questions asked.

Luigi and the two Toads get kidnapped this time. You play as Mario and three Peaches, now wearing pants so Nintendo doesn't have to program dress physics.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thinking about it, this is gonna be the first new Mario game to be a launch title on a Nintendo Console since N64.

Multiplayer? NSMBWii did that already.

Probably gonna do Online. There's no reason for this to not have online Nintendo. And with Miiverse focusing on Online Social interaction, this would be a good way to introduce people into that.

Playing on the Wii U GamePad? Cool, but doesn't really add to gameplay.

Makes me wonder what they're going to do with the Gamepad. Same with NSMB2. I hope it's something more then just holding items.

Unless this game has super-awesome level design like SMW, I'm not that crazy about it. Though I suppose some minor improvements could add up to something great - IF there's enough of them. Stuff like more Yoshi abilities, more powerups, improved physics (weren't really a problem, but still), hidden secrets, etc.

Well at least they got two of them down. More Yoshi powers and power-ups. And I gotta agree, the NSMBWii game was slippery at times, which really affected judgement on tiny platforms. While the level design wasn't bad or anything in the Wii game, it was okay. I won't compare this to other games like Origins, but on it's own it was alright. With 4 Players it was fun but on your own it was okay. I still liked it though.

Also, regardless of how good the game is, if the plot doesn't involve Peach getting kidnapped, I will buy it day-one, no questions asked.

It's a Mario game. The last main Mario game to not have this plot was.... Super Mario Bros. 2? The Super Mario Lands?

OK, seriously? I've been saying this about the squirrel suit from the start.

Oh, I forgot about your comment, I'll give ya recognition too.

Edited by Nintendoga

It's a Mario game. The last main Mario game to not have this plot was.... Super Mario Bros. 2? The Super Mario Lands?

Does Super Paper Mario count? The "Rescue Peach" plot wrapped up in Chapter 2, and went straight to solely "Save the Multiverse" territory.

Edited by Joshua

Does Super Paper Mario count? The "Rescue Peach" plot wrapped up in Chapter 2, and went straight to solely "Save the Multiverse" territory.

Well SPM isn't a Main Mario game so......

Add Peach as a playable character and I'll start giving a shit.

Actually, I probably won't anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly don't see why people care about Peach being playable. She was shitty as fuck in Super Mario Brothers 2, unless you cheesed with her ability to float (and even then that wasn't her ability, it was the sister's ability from Doki Doki Panic). Shit, I don't care if Peach is never anything other than the kidnapping victim. We've already got Rosalina in terms of a chick that can actually do shit.

• Thumbs Up 2

I liked Peach in SMB2. I enjoyed the hell out of Super Princess Peach. She's one of my most used characters in Melee. I like Peach as a character. I like girls. So yeah, I want her playable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not gonna happen. It's a traditional Mario game about Mario doing what he does best. But hey, Mario, Luigi, Wario, Yoshi, and Bowser are the only characters I care about in the Mario series.

Edited by Crow T. Robot
  • Thumbs Up 1

This game needs Tatanga.

You wanna go old school? Bring back an old school foe that's not from Mario's dreams.

Edited by Joshua

I honestly don't see why people care about Peach being playable. She was shitty as fuck in Super Mario Brothers 2, unless you cheesed with her ability to float (and even then that wasn't her ability, it was the sister's ability from Doki Doki Panic). Shit, I don't care if Peach is never anything other than the kidnapping victim. We've already got Rosalina in terms of a chick that can actually do shit.
Peach was fine in SMB2, and the hover is as much her power as Shy Guys are Mario enemies (which is totally, in spite of the fact that the game's basically a romhack). And Rosalina will count as a "chick that can actually do shit" once she's playable in a platformer.

This games needs Tatanga.

You wanna go old school? Bring back an old school foe that's not from Mario's dreams.

That I can get behind. The last time we saw that dude was when Wario hired him in Super Mario Land 2. Who's to say Bowser can't do the same.

Peach was fine in SMB2, and the hover is as much her power as Shy Guys are Mario enemies (which is totally, in spite of the fact that the game's basically a romhack).

Technically, Shy Guys are more Yoshi's enemies.

19tcn9.jpg

Edited by Crow T. Robot
  • Thumbs Up 1

Technically, Shy Guys are more Yoshi's enemies.

19tcn9.jpg

Still doesn't change the fact that there first appearance was in SMB 2

Psh man, Toad needs to come back

1913553-toad_super_mario_bros_ii_super.png

Not the Yellow and Blue Mario knockoff Toads

Not the girly toads that just run around and scream

The badass super strong Toad from SMB2.

Still doesn't change the fact that there first appearance was in SMB 2

You do realize I was being facetious.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

But seriously folks, my argument that Peach shouldn't be playable is just me. I think she's a shitty character. That, and the game is about the Mario Brothers. So, what I'm saying is I don't think the series is for you if you care that much about Peach because, Nintendo sure as hell doesn't. She's the macguffin.

But seriously folks, my argument that Peach shouldn't be playable is just me. I think she's a shitty character.
Not getting a chance to be playable is only going to help continue her being a shitty character.

That, and the game is about the Mario Brothers.
Most often its about a Mario brother, actually. But if they're going to have a game with multiple playable characters, why not give us some fanservice, rather than a pair of nondescript Toads?
  • Thumbs Up 2

People want Peach to be playable in a co-op Mario game, not just any game. I don't see anyone asking for her in say, Super Mario Galaxy. It's not even just specifically Peach I want. I'll take anyone over a couple of no-name Toads.

• Thumbs Up 1

Peach is an important character in the series, along with having her own game, and being a playable character in not only a main game, but also almost every single spin-off. I think there's alot more to it then that.

Just because you don't like Peach doesn't mean that others can't. Hell I don't care for Bowser Jr., but I don't tell other people that this series isn't for them if they do like him. Poor choice of words my friend.

Oh a nice video I found.

Mario Wii-U Analysis & Secrets.

Oh hey, look at some unused power-up concepts from NSMBWii Pre-Production Art. Would like to see this as a power-up in the new game.

chicken+mario.jpg

Luigi isn't there because once you give him the chicken power-up he remains the same

Really interested to know what the chicken power-up was for other than the obvious slow disent flying. Maybe a peck attack. This must have lead to the Penguin Suit

People want Peach to be playable in a co-op Mario game, not just any game. I don't see anyone asking for her in say, Super Mario Galaxy.
I wouldn't complain if she was, tho'.

Also, please, let P1 pick their character this time. NSMBWii didn't even have Kirby's excuse (of characters having different powers and of some areas needing suction), so there's no reason to lock out the other characters for people playing alone or that can't convince someone else to take Jumpman. Even if it's just the same characters again, I like being Luigi.

• Thumbs Up 5