Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

Chrononego, ya might wanna put that in spoilers. I can't imagine it's THAT surprising, but y'know, just in case.

If only I knew how, it may be very simple or very confusing.

To put spoilers, just type this:

[ spoiler ] *whatever the text or video or picture is* [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces in the brackets)

This should go for everyone: it's common courtesy to spoiler-tag any end-game material for ANY game, whether it's just your comment on it or a full video.

Edited by Gregzilla
  • Thumbs Up 1

So that's the final boss huh?

Not even mad. That looked like a cool boss I guess. The backgrounds though, they looked really gorgeous. The music was good too.

And Luigi dancing in the end credits is the greatest thing ever.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh...looks way easier than the final boss of NSMBWii, and I did that one in one try.

I'm kind of liking the slow building Junior's getting though (well duh I would). He's gone from just trying to impress his dad to being able to attempt to hold his own with him against Mario, and even having the sense to see when something's not worth fighting for. I still say he's going to grow up to be a better leader than his daddy when the time comes.

Speaking of his daddy...he really should have known that the Airship wasn't going to be strong enough to hold his weight. Ah well, at least he and the Koopalings know how to hold onto one meager clown car for extended periods of time.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm simply in love with both the Bowser battle themes here! I mean, I thought they'd just recycle the themes from NSMBW again, but they really surprised me with this one!

Also, I must say, the Giant Bowser & Bowser Jr. battle here looks superb. I really love how you can actually hurt him this time instead of just running through some obstacle course away from him! smile.png

The final boss is definitely better than the previous final bosses in the NSMB series IMO.

It's not the greatest thing, but I don't exactly understand why most people in the comments section hate it. >_>

Edited by canderson

Let me guess

The final boss is Bowser.

USE SPOILERTAGS, DAMMIT!!!!

You totally ruined the surprise.

You guys must be a total thrill at parties...

• Thumbs Up 8

Has there EVER been a mainline Mario game where Bowser isn't the final boss? I'm quite fine with it, as long as they change it up. They managed to that this time, rather than the same obstacle course to a switch.

Looks what's back from Mario World

ALL OF MY MONEY

OR

or

I could just play Super Mario World and save myself some cash?

I never got that part of the NSMB love. Nintendo's like "hey, don't you want this watered down version of a game you already own?" and everyone else is like "BOY DO I?!" These little throwbacks, for me, just highlight how little "new" there is.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

jIo8Z.jpg

New Yoshi game for Wii U? MGS? Resident Evil?

...Leaked by Neogaf (they somehow got into the debug system..)

EDIT: WROGN THREADADSAS ARERAJFHF brb

Edited by Autosaver

Looks what's back from Mario World

Well doesn't the superstar road desert level look very familiar. The nerve, trying to pull off this rack, man I'll go pack

Edited by Banktoad

Just completed the main story. This game is definitely a step up from the others, but it could still have used a LITTLE more creativity in the main game. Nothing really wowed me like the 3D games have.

Though I must say, the Challenge Mode is EXACTLY what this series needed. It's incredibly challenging and very addicting. If Nintendo is releasing DLC for it, my wallet is ready.

Oh, also:

If Peach's Castle is the final level, I really hope they give us a sinister remix of its theme from Mario 64.

• Thumbs Up 2

Someone already mentioned in the status updates but,

Reason why Peach isn't playable in NSMBU

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=191529

""In Super Mario Bros 2, Princess Peach had her own unique moves and animation. In this series, we want all the players to have the same moves and animations as Mario, and Princess Peach isn’t suited for that." - game director Masataka Takemoto"

I would say something, but I think these two comments in the link pretty much express my thoughts

Syrek "In Super Mario Bros 2, Princess Peach had her own unique moves and animation. In this series, we want all the players to have the same moves and animations as Mario, and Princess Peach isn’t suited for that."

Translation: "We were too lazy to create a new animation since it's far easier just to use the same animation that we've used for EVERY New Super Mario game."

RustyCage "And this kind of narrow thinking is what's holding Mario back, stopping it from being consistently compelling, and leaving fans shrugging at the disappointment of seeing one of their favorite things sink into utter mediocrity.

Kind of depressing that they aren't even -interested- in making a sidescroller with playable characters as diverse and creative as the Donkey Kong Country series on the SNES or even bloody Mario 2 on the NES. Wow. I mean, the bar isn't that high, guys. It was done pretty easily back then, SURELY you can give us more to do in a platformer now.

We need games that push things -forward-, Nintendo, not backward. You're starting to disillusion fans.

But hey, as long as the mindless casuals gobble it up and feed you all the money you need, who cares about logical advancements to 2D Mario, right?

Sigh. Here's hoping another Rare/Retro style company surfaces this gen and saves another franchise that Nintendo has lost sight of how to handle well, like Star Fox."

• Thumbs Up 8

Princess Peach OR New Music... which one will come first?!

Both..? Neither? Stay tuned for New Super Mario Brothers 3ii

• Thumbs Up 3

Princess Peach OR New Music... which one will come first?!

Both..? Neither? Stay tuned for New Super Mario Brothers 3ii

10 bucks says they'll even reuse the fucking backgrounds next time.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 bucks says they'll even reuse the fucking backgrounds next time.

Sadly, I see this actually happening. Even though I greatly enjoy the games, I'd like to see them change things up a bit.

I'm enjoying the game regardless, so I'm happy. Never understood the want to play Peach in the first place, but you never know what'll happen in the future.

Eh, some people just want to be a pretty princess. But really, no harm in having another option. Hell, they could just go back to the SMB 2/USA team and I'm sure people would be happy. That being: P1 Mario P2 Luigi P3 Toad and P4 Peach.

• Thumbs Up 1