Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

To answer your question, it's not Koji Kondo that does that NSMB music. It's Shiho Fujii, Ryo Nagamatsu, and Kenta Nagata. The last game Kondo worked on, if I'm remembering correctly, was Skyward Sword (and even then he contributed rather than doing the whole thing). He IS the Sound Advisor, though, whatever that means.

To answer your question, it's not Koji Kondo that does that NSMB music. It's Shiho Fujii, Ryo Nagamatsu, and Kenta Nagata. The last game Kondo worked on, if I'm remembering correctly, was Skyward Sword (and even then he contributed rather than doing the whole thing). He IS the Sound Advisor, though, whatever that means.

Sound Advisor is a fancy term where you listen into a pair of headphones and approve everything. You also get to buy cool audio toys at company expense.

It's just like Oil Technicians who give you an oil change at Jiffy Lube.

Ugh. The Wii castle music again? I'm not a fan of recycling music like this and I'd greatly prefer something new but if they're going to recycle something they might as well bring this back.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I did find this, and it does reflect my opinion on the current situation entirely.

nl4lzq.jpg

See also:

Zelda (Wind Waker, Skyward Sword)

Metroid (Originally with Prime, then Other M)

• Thumbs Up 7

To be honest, for me personally, I am 90% happy with New Super Mario Bros. U so far. Yes it very much looks like the other ones but it looks new ENOUGH for me. All the new modes look great, the new powerups look great, the other stuff like the world map and everything else looks great.

It's JUST the music that is ticking me off. In that sense I'm extra annoyed because it's literally the one thing keeping this game from perfection to me.

From a "having not actually played it yet" sense, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 5

You know there's probably some long winded nonsensical reason for why they keep the music the same. Like they need the game to be easily recognisable to casual fans who somehow might forget they're playing Mario or something like that?

• Thumbs Up 3

Probably but, they could keep parts of the original theme in new compositions. Look at how often they work the original Mario theme into some awesome songs.

So I did find this, and it does reflect my opinion on the current situation entirely.

nl4lzq.jpg

hurr hurr so clever

This is a stupid thing to point out.

• Thumbs Up 4

nl4lzq.jpg

Franchise Evolution =/= Scrapping or radically changing the preexisting formula

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem with that is that the complaints come off as that. Besides that, there's only so much you can actually do before you have to radically change something if people keep clamoring for something different. It's a lose-lose situation for Nintendo, and I have never seen any evidence to the contrary.

Edited by King Of Awesome

I just want different music. Hell, I loved the music from Wii.

It's just when you use the same music over and over again in multiple consecutive games that I get bothered. Out with the old and in with the new, right? I want to see what other memorable tunes the composers have, not just listen to the same ones I first heard 3 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, a raft that doesnt swim with too many things on it, didn't see that before. >__>

And wow, that Mii annoyed me after a few seconds... I'll play as Mario, thanks.

Edited by Thigolf

WHOAOW....

WHOA-HOOO-WHOA-HOOO

Oh my. I'm not that annoyed by it the first time, but listening to it over and over after a period would give me a headache...