Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

Well since New Super Mario Bros. 3 is gonna focus on collecting a million 1-up mushrooms, I expect New Super Mario Bros. W to be fresh-er

Edit: Ugh, I hate those random ass battles, especially when I just want to cross the world map in peace.

And I do hope there's more then that one bar for the items. NSMBWii's was good, no idea why they felt the need to change it.

Edited by jesushamster
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well since New Super Mario Bros. 3 is gonna focus on collecting a million 1-up mushrooms, I expect New Super Mario Bros. W to be fresh-er

Edit: Ugh, I hate those random ass battles, especially when I just want to cross the world map in peace.

And I do hope there's more then that one bar for the items. NSMBWii's was good, no idea why they felt the need to change it.

Its been a few days since I last played Wii but wasn't the inventory just one bar only that it has multipliers for more than one item

Its been a few days since I last played Wii but wasn't the inventory just one bar only that it has multipliers for more than one item

That's why it was so great!

I can see why some would be mad about the item bar change, but I think it might be an okay decision. Having less items to use on the map makes them seem a bit more valuable, as opposed to NSMBWii, where I was pretty much never in danger of running out of spare mushrooms.

Getting items in SMB3 made them seem a bit more special. If the new bar is like that, I'm okay with it.

... You had several item bars in SMB3.

I know. Though it still never reached the levels of having like 15 mushrooms alongside several other items. I guess that's more attributable to the generous Toad Houses and minigames in NSMB.

For the record, how many bars did SMB3 have? I'm not sure.

... You had several item bars in SMB3.

That was the Gameboy/SNES version. The NES, not so much.

EDIT: unless I'm stupid

So as for an actual contribution, I gotta say I saw this coming. I can't remember when the "New" in New SUper Mario Bros. actually meant anything.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

I could have sworn I had several different item bars, last time I played though the download on the Wii.

I just played the NES one recently, and I've never seen it. It could be I'm just bad at the game though, which is quite likely in any case.

I know. Though it still never reached the levels of having like 15 mushrooms alongside several other items. I guess that's more attributable to the generous Toad Houses and minigames in NSMB.

For the record, how many bars did SMB3 have? I'm not sure.

Its 4 spaces, I noticed when I maxed out in my inventory.

Yeah, NES one had four bars. I can't remember the GBA/SNES UI but I do remember the NES one had nothing to SIGNIFY the extra bars, you just had to scroll through.

It definetly has them though, because one of my most nostalgic memories of SMB3 is the proper FREAKOUT I always did when I got my first item on the (blank) second bar and was like WHERE DID MY ITEMS GO AAAAAAAA.

But yes I agree that NSMBWii's was a little too generous. They should have maxed out each item at 3 or 5 I think.

Yeah, NES one had four bars. I can't remember the GBA/SNES UI but I do remember the NES one had nothing to SIGNIFY the extra bars, you just had to scroll through.

It definetly has them though, because one of my most nostalgic memories of SMB3 is the proper FREAKOUT I always did when I got my first item on the (blank) second bar and was like WHERE DID MY ITEMS GO AAAAAAAA.

Its 4 bars in the All-stars version and the GBA version also.

Its 4 bars in the All-stars version and the GBA version also.

I know, I'm just saying I didn't know whether the UI on the remakes did anything to signify the additional bars. (Up/Down arrows or whatever?). Considering the NES version didn't, I could understand people thinking the NES version only had one bar if they're more used to the remake.

The GBA remake always shows the 4 bars while you're on the screen and the All Stars version is the same as the NES version, I believe.

IGN's review of New Super Mario Bros U is finally here. It got a pretty damn great score.

I passed on NSMB 2, but I really enjoyed the gameplay videos I've seen of this game. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this at launch.

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 1

IGN can tell me whatever they want, I still see the same old crap again, besides very few exceptions.

>See

>Not actually watching a playthrough or SOMETHING before you just dismiss it.

I bet that wouldn't change much anyway. I guarantee you, I will watch a playthrough, but I'm almost 100% certain there wont be any new things in this game besides the ones we saw already (or maybe 1 or 2 new ideas more.) Seeing how even the super uncreative and unoriginal NSMB 2 got an 8.5 from IGN, I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Thigolf

Y'know, I'm tempted to bitch about music right now...

But honestly, the footage made that game seem fun as hell and I want it regardless.

You know, if you can enjoy those games, congratulations, you may get a great game. But I'm sorry, those always the same Level tropes, that horrible, horrible recycled music, the pretty bland graphics for an HD system and the overall uncreativity just kills the game for me, personally. I don't doubt it's fun, but from what I've seen so far, this game isnt worth it's money.

And I don't wanna sound like a bitching fanboy that hates the game no matter what. If the game has enough changes to make it look fresh and shows it, I will be the last one who says that this game is incredibly lazy, but so far, it has yet to show me how creative it can be. There are a few pretty neat ideas, like the new story (which I love, btw), but other than that, I'm not impressed by this game that much.

• Thumbs Up 5