Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

That'd be cool. It'd be out of character for Bowser to mistreat Peach, but it would be cool if his trap "went wrong" and put her in danger, especially if Bowser himself was as concerned as Mario.

That actually sounds really cool. It could maybe lead into a chase sequence or some kind of extended final battle/level. I think NSMB is desperately in need of an "OH SHIT" moment like that. It would definitely be a welcome change from "oh no Bowser just got bigger aaaah."

• Thumbs Up 7

I know what you mean. SML 3D had that moment, when Mario and Bowser were scrambling back up to Peach. I hope they do more things like that. Even if it's not difficult, it's still cool to see a different scenario.

Nintendo has confirmed that NSMBU will NOT run in 1080p. It was an error on their site.

New Super Mario Bros. U Launch Ad

Okay, I like how they say it's a new Mario game

I like how they show the Gamepad stream feature,

I would've like them to show more of NSMBU,

But god fucking damn it, I hate that WUB WUB WUB WUB dubstep music.

In other Mario news, Super Mario Galaxy is now the highest rated game of all time, according to Gamerankings.

Oh, the very idea of a BowserPeach Castle guarded by Dark Toads along with other minions powered up by Bowser's dark magic with a Dark Queen esque Peach being fought at the end, accompanied by Bowser himself.

But sadly I know that Nintendo would never do it in a game like this ;3;

Play Thousand Year Door.

• Thumbs Up 1

Play Thousand Year Door.

He may have had that particular game in mind when he posted that, and is lamenting the fact that it won't be done in a straight-laced platformer like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just sick of this style of commercial. Instead of just showing footage of the game and describing it, they feel the need to show footage of the families having fun with it. It's like we can't judge the game for ourselves. "HEY! LOOK AT THIS FAMILY! THEY'RE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES TOGETHER AND HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! DON'T YOU WISH YOU WERE AS HAPPY AS THEM?" It feels so phony.

And yeah, the dubstep doesn't help.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well as the internet says, we're just gonna gave to deal with it

Remember when people used to complain the "Wii would like to play" commercials were too similar and uninspired back in 2007, and they addressed it by changing the style.....in late 2010/2011

As for the final boss thing, look I'm not gonna lie to myself and hope for a fantastic grand finale atmospheric boss like Galaxy or 64 or World or Yoshi's Island. It's NSMB. I do however, expect them to change the whole final boss gimmick with Bowser getting huge.

That's been a problem in almost every single Mario game for the past 10 years.

Sunshine=Bowser's huge

NSMB=Bowser's Huge

NSMBWII=Bowser's Huge

Galaxy 2=Bowser's Huge

NSMB2= Bowser's Huge

I may not like 3D Land that much, but I will give it alot of credit for creating an original and fun final boss that didn't revolve around Bowser getting huge. I just hope this game's final boss has something other then "*GASP* BOWSER'S HUGE! AAAAHH THIS IS SO INTENSE AND SCARY-oh hey look I won."

On that note, stop with the bridge and the button battle. It's so easy it's not even funny. Maybe if you guys changed it up like have a longer bridge, add enemies along it, not just one bridge, but maybe 2 or 3, and Bowser ground pounds the bridge to make it wobbily and mess up your jumping while spitting fire chains at you or some shit. Just something.

• Thumbs Up 4

I just hope the final battle involves directly attacking Bowser in some way. Stuff like the button pressing or Sunshine's bathtub-pounding don't seem as much like epic confrontations. I like it better when we physically deal him some damage, like throwing bots at him in SMW or whacking him in Galaxy.

Maybe they could design a battle that revolves around getting Bowser in a vulnerable state to be attacked, like knocking him back on his shell and then jumping on his stomach. I'm sure they could think of something good.

Nintendo has confirmed that NSMBU will NOT run in 1080p. It was an error on their site.

New Super Mario Bros. U Launch Ad

Okay, I like how they say it's a new Mario game

I like how they show the Gamepad stream feature,

I would've like them to show more of NSMBU,

But god fucking damn it, I hate that WUB WUB WUB WUB dubstep music.

In other Mario news, Super Mario Galaxy is now the highest rated game of all time, according to Gamerankings.

Oh Nintendo, why can't we get more of the same awesome commercials like the Wario Land ones that appeared in the 90s? Is personalization and characterization just not hip with us young dudes anymore?

Greece sure is hyped for this game

It's like Super Mario 128 minus the 120 plus a few but minus the......That's a whole lotta Marios'.

Still better then the US commercial. I'm interested in what Japan's will be.

In other completely unrelated awesome news

"Can BAH! Bloom on the battle field?'

"We hereby award you the title of Big BAH!"

"ALERT! We have an enemy on the premises, send in BAH!-ckup"

I could make jokes for hours on end if I wanted to.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 4

tiny bump

Screenshots that show some new levels, see what Boom-Boom looks like (1:08), and one Ghost house (or should I say, Sunken Ship?) (1:57)

Don't be a fool bro, change the quality to 720p to appreciate these pics.

First Review from Gamesmaster

New Super Mario Bros. U

- May look the same, but there are some “incredible tweaks”

- GamesMaster feels it’s easier than NSMB Wii

- Took under seven hours to complete

- More to the game outside of the main campaign

- Most of the innovation is saved for the final levels

- “Without wishing to spoil anything, we were surprised, excited, and twinkly-eyed during an excellent finale. It’s almost as if Nintendo suddenly realised that they were in fact working with a Wii U, with a game-changing GamePad and everything.”

- Hopes Nintendo will “build on this solid, if not mind-blowing, foundation.”

- Graphics: 82%

- Gameplay: 85%

- Accessibility: 90%

- Lifespan: 80%

- Innovation: 75%

- Overall: 82%

- “A great excuse for families to gather round the TV, and an enticing glimpse of Mario’s HD future.”

Hmm, so it seems that this game has an incredibly finale eh? Well well well, that's irony if I ever saw it.

Game sounds just like I expect it to be. Fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy. Guess I'll be going incognito for sure when Wii U launches in the US then. Don't want that spoiled.

Edited by JezMM

In other completely unrelated awesome news

"Can BAH! Bloom on the battle field?'

"We hereby award you the title of Big BAH!"

"ALERT! We have an enemy on the premises, send in BAH!-ckup"

I could make jokes for hours on end if I wanted to.

That reminds me of this song I brilliantly composed "found" on my YouTube account:

Anyway, I'm really excited for this game and that review has just raised my expectations. Christmas can't come sooner.

First Review from Gamesmaster

Hmm, so it seems that this game has an incredibly finale eh? Well well well, that's irony if I ever saw it.

Game sounds just like I expect it to be. Fun.

I don't know if it being easier than Wii is a complement or a flaw. Seems more like a flaw. Still like that they found something mind-blowing

Well as the internet says, we're just gonna gave to deal with it

Remember when people used to complain the "Wii would like to play" commercials were too similar and uninspired back in 2007, and they addressed it by changing the style.....in late 2010/2011

As for the final boss thing, look I'm not gonna lie to myself and hope for a fantastic grand finale atmospheric boss like Galaxy or 64 or World or Yoshi's Island. It's NSMB. I do however, expect them to change the whole final boss gimmick with Bowser getting huge.

That's been a problem in almost every single Mario game for the past 10 years.

Sunshine=Bowser's huge

NSMB=Bowser's Huge

NSMBWII=Bowser's Huge

Galaxy 2=Bowser's Huge

NSMB2= Bowser's Huge

I don't know if it being easier than Wii is a complement or a flaw. Seems more like a flaw. Still like that they found something mind-blowing

Seeing how a chunk of NSMB Wii's design was hard for the wrong reasons, I'd like to be optimistic and consider that a good thing.

Uh, the final boss in NSMB was Dry Bowser.

No it wasn't. The boss of the eighth castle is, but not the final castle that appears after it.

4:05 for the boss. That's-a-one big Bowser.

EDIT: Speeded but... I have video nyeh.

I'm okay with lowered difficulty because this isn't really a mission-pack sequel like Wii was meant to be. Yes I know NSMB2 was also a mission-pack sequel but... they really pretended it wasn't, so yeah.

As long as we get a brutal secret world I'm happy.

Edited by JezMM

Uh, the final boss in NSMB was Dry Bowser.

Dry Bowser was the boss of World 8's Tower. Bowser was revived to his original form in the final battle.

I'm not getting a Wii U anytime soon, but that optimism about the finale has gotten my interest piqued.

Aaah shit, it's been so long that I completely forgot about that. I do wonder what they have in store, considering this time the finale is considered a surprise.