Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. U

SPvTGS

Is there a finite amount of them, or what? Just wondering about when Nabbit appears.

I think Nabbit appears every time you beat/fail a certain number of levels (assuming Nabbit isn't already active).  He continues to appear forever, much like the Toads did on NSMB Wii.

Incidentally, Nabbit is the ONLY way to get P-Acorns, so if you need one, try using a Star to make it easier to catch him.

Nabbit will never disappear from a level until you confront him (and either catch him once or fail to catch him three times).

Edited by JezMM

Everytime I start this game up the screen on both the tv and WiiU gamepad goes black for a few minutes before the title screen appears. Is this happening to anyone else? 

Everytime I start this game up the screen on both the tv and WiiU gamepad goes black for a few minutes before the title screen appears. Is this happening to anyone else? 

Not to me. I'm not sure what your problem is; hope you get it solved soon.

I really have to wonder. Why doesn't this game support the Pro Controller? I see no good reason.

I like the concept of the Super guide, but I really wish they'd simply add a choice in the options menu where you can completely turn it off. I don't enjoy being reminded that I've already died eight or so times in the same section when I've already determined to beat it fair and square.

• Thumbs Up 6

I like the concept of the Super guide, but I really wish they'd simply add a choice in the options menu where you can completely turn it off. I don't enjoy being reminded that I've already died eight or so times in the same section when I've already determined to beat it fair and square.

Don't forget the..

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" noise to annoy you.

• Thumbs Up 1

The MiiVerse posts are really annoying for the most part. They're all like "Bowser: I'm going to get you!" and there was one that actually said this "Two Words: This level is really hard". I know it's only a bit of fun, but ugh.

But I do keep seeing this one cool guy, JezMM I think his name is, popping up everywhere with his little drawings mocking my inability to get past falling icicles and spiked pillars. :P

• Thumbs Up 6

Bahaha!  I didn't turn them on until after I finished the game because I didn't trust people to not use the spoiler tag.

If you do turn off spoilers though, I gave some legit lil' advice comics on some levels!  >8O

Bahaha!  I didn't turn them on until after I finished the game because I didn't trust people to not use the spoiler tag.

If you do turn off spoilers though, I gave some legit lil' advice comics on some levels!  >8O

In actuality, I've not run into a single spoiler yet. But I think that's cause the majority of the players are just posting threatening messages Bowser...

It does irk me there's no way to view posts in the Miiverse from the game though.  I've seen some cool ones I wanna "Yeah!" and there was one penis I was unable to report.

Also a "Dear Bowser: fukk yoooou".

• Thumbs Up 1

I really have to wonder. Why doesn't this game support the Pro Controller? I see no good reason.

What I'm more bothered by is that there's no way to turn off the gamepad's screen while playing (unless I'm just not aware). Like that's great and all to have a comfy controller instead of a wiimote but I really don't need two screens now.

As for miiverse I just turned it on for friends' posts only because I assumed it would be full of tripe otherwise, so I guess I was right there. With just friends it's a really cute feature.

If you aren't using the Gamepad, you can turn off the screen under Home>Controller options.  Touching any buttons turns it back on, so it doesn't work if you're playing on it.

Oh I forgot that you could set Miiverse to "Just Friends" I think I'll do that too.

Wish Challenge mode had Miiverse too (though as a totally optional thing, like it doesn't ask you to post after winning/failing, that'd be annoying).

If you aren't using the Gamepad, you can turn off the screen under Home>Controller options.  Touching any buttons turns it back on, so it doesn't work if you're playing on it.

Pretty sure that turns off the Display, and not the actual GamePad. It will still be "streaming" for some odd reason.

Pretty sure that turns off the Display, and not the actual GamePad. It will still be "streaming" for some odd reason.

Well... yeah, why would that be a problem though?  If I'm not using the GamePad I'll leave it plugged in and turn the screen off so it's not like it's wasting battery.  I do wish there was a more instant way to do it than opening the home menu and clicking like three things though.

Well... yeah, why would that be a problem though?  If I'm not using the GamePad I'll leave it plugged in and turn the screen off so it's not like it's wasting battery.  I do wish there was a more instant way to do it than opening the home menu and clicking like three things though.

It's a problem for developers and their games, because there's always data being streamed to the GamePad, thus wasting valuable resources. It's a bit of a double-edged sword the way that Nintendo force it to be active.

It's a problem for developers and their games, because there's always data being streamed to the GamePad, thus wasting valuable resources. It's a bit of a double-edged sword the way that Nintendo force it to be active.

That's true.  Surely if developers don't want to use it though they could... I dunno.  Opening the Wii Menu sends a message to the GamePad to do nothing so surely any software could do that if you clicked an option for "Don't Use Gamepad".

That's true.  Surely if developers don't want to use it though they could... I dunno.  Opening the Wii Menu sends a message to the GamePad to do nothing so surely any software could do that if you clicked an option for "Don't Use Gamepad".
I don't know the source now since it was ages ago, but I'm fairly sure it's been said that Nintendo requires developers to use the GamePad one way or another.

So about that NSMBU, I finally made my way to Peaches Castle. This is definitely the best NSMB game there is, but it's just not enough at this stage. It's so stale. Yes there's new gimmicks and visuals, but it's all so predictable and formulaic at the same time. A cookie-cutter experience.

Edited by Blue Blood

I will say, when I got to Peach's Castle...

(Peach's Castle 1 Spoilers)

And that far too familiar Lava level theme from NSMBWii kicked in despite the very unique setting, I was pretty disappointed, even though I knew it was coming.  Blarg.  Extra doesn't help that a lot of levels in the NSMB2 DLC are lava themed so I feel like I've heard it in particular a LOT lately.

Thankfully though...

(Final Level Of Main Story Spoilers)

At least the final level had unique music, even if it wasn't an especially impressive remix.  It's strange how almost surreal the new music was to play to after all this stuff I'd heard a million times before.

Edited by JezMM

• 2 weeks later...

Damn you dunkey for being soo damn right and funny at the same time. Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

AHH FUCK YEAAH!! THAT ROLLERCOASTER GUY IS BAACKK!!!!!! YEAAH

If this is only $9.99, it will be a steal. 80+ levels + new (old) character.

Haha, I'm expecting this to be much more. I'd say at least $20.00, maybe $25.00.

I'l be keeping my eyes out for this though.

Edited by canderson

Whoa, I was expecting NSMB2-style level packs, but a WHOLE GAME of new ones? That sounds amazing! I'll definitely be snagging this up when it releases. Awesome way to add to the replay value, Nintendo! smile.png