Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

*Bathroom is right beside room, where all video game systems are.*.

Fuck yeah, now I no longer have to choose between taking a shit and playing video games!

Psh, we homesless grouches are like five steps ahead of you guys. We use our trashcans as our personal oval offices, so they are essentially porta-potties that are quite easy to carry around.

Better than dragging an entire TV to your bathroom or having an small pot with toiletwater sitting under your bum with the possibility that you may or may not miss your target. :V

Thread sure has gone down the shitter and I didn't even make a snarky comment about the system specs.

Slap an apple logo on it and it'll cost you £1000 more than a regular model.

• Thumbs Up 2

Having a hard time deciding on 2 games. Sonic Transformed and Epic Mickey 2. Think I should get both for Wii U or keep my PS3 order for Sonic and my Wii order for Mickey? Well, Mickey honestly depends on if we'll be able to use tablet and wiimote control set ups in U version, if not I'll stick to the Wii version. If I go with Mickey and Sonic on the U my launch line up will be Nintendoland, Mario U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Sonic Transformed, and Epic Mickey 2.

Having a hard time deciding on 2 games. Sonic Transformed and Epic Mickey 2. Think I should get both for Wii U or keep my PS3 order for Sonic and my Wii order for Mickey? Well, Mickey honestly depends on if we'll be able to use tablet and wiimote control set ups in U version, if not I'll stick to the Wii version. If I go with Mickey and Sonic on the U my launch line up will be Nintendoland, Mario U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Sonic Transformed, and Epic Mickey 2.

ASRT and Epic Mickey aren't launch titles.

Sonic is 2 days later right? And I swore EM2 was the 18th?

Launch window titles. It depends on what SEGA and Disneys plans are. I don't think either have confirmed release dates for those titles since the launch date was announced. It's like Assassins Creed 3 is out at the end of October for PS3 and 360, but still won't be available for the launch of the U.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got NSMB U and Rayman Legends as my launch titles. It's possible ASRT will release on Wii U the same day it does for everything else (the 20th in the US, don't know when for Europe). Ordered that too. Epic Mickey 2 might not have a release date yet but, Disney Interactive did confirm it's set to release before the end of 2012 in their press release, it's supposed to be a Holiday release.

Edited by King Of Awesome

I was gonna get the premium, but then I kinda realized the Nintendo Network thing isn't really worth it, unless you plan on going fully digital for the next generation imo. You only get 10% back off each digital game purchase right? Does this apply to any download or just retail Wii-U games? Cause getting only $6 back for each game isn't alot. You can probably buy an NES VC game, or some obscure Wii-U Ware title, but that's really it. Plus a stand console (which I prefer to lay my consoles down) a charging cradle (which just like the 3DS, I never use) and a copy of Nintendo-Land (which I'm not really interested in.

It's kinda cool to see Nintendo doing something like this, but these extra features and 32GB is not enough to win me over. Imagine my face when I remembered I have a 500GB External HDD.

Anyone else going Basic not because they have to, but because they want to?

P.S. Just found out about the no AV cables thing. That must really suck for people who still have SDTVs. There'll probably be a third party cable or something to help out SD TV users with this, so that's something to look forward to I guess.

I'm fairly sure it's on all downloads.

There's no reason not to get the Premium. You get NintendoLand, Premium whatever shit, 32 gigs of faster and safer memory, and Standceptions for an extra $50 which would be hella expensive on its own.

Honestly the basic bundle is completely useless. It seems like the only reason it exists is because of Nintendo being able to say they have a $299 price tag.

So wait, you get some sort of permanent download discount for buying the Wii U Deluxe SKU too? I just wanted it for the extra space and NINTENDURLAND. Doesn't sound like that bad of a bonus to me.

So wait, you get some sort of permanent download discount for buying the Wii U Deluxe SKU too? I just wanted it for the extra space and NINTENDURLAND. Doesn't sound like that bad of a bonus to me.

For the first year (I think it's the first year) you get 10% back on all downloads. Not bad at all, really.

Oh yeah no, it's not a bad bonus at all, I'm just not really interested in the premium subscription or other extras in the bundle. I'd rather spend that extra $50 on another Wii-U game.

For the first year (I think it's the first year) you get 10% back on all downloads. Not bad at all, really.

It's actually for the first 2 years.

Edited by Nintendoga

Oh yeah no, it's not a bad bonus at all, I'm just not really interested in the premium subscription or other extras in the bundle. I'd rather spend that extra $50 on another Wii-U game.

It's actually for the first 2 years.

Extra Wii U game? Why, you get Nintendo Land! :P

If I'm to be honest, one of the big reasons I wouldn't like the basic package is the lack of stands. I think the tablet really calls for one.

Launch window titles. It depends on what SEGA and Disneys plans are. I don't think either have confirmed release dates for those titles since the launch date was announced. It's like Assassins Creed 3 is out at the end of October for PS3 and 360, but still won't be available for the launch of the U.

Apparently a Nintendo.com leak yesterday listed 20+ games for Wii U launch day in the US, including S&ASR Transformed.

http://www.destructo...ay-230776.phtml

Other sources are saying 2 days later on November 20th. This is the most likely scenario, since that is the game's launch day on other platforms, too.

http://www.gonintend...story&id=185540

Both lists say Epic Mickey 2 will be a launch day game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well. Epic Mickey 2's launch date was already the 18th in the US. Come to think of it, it changed from October to November 18th. Hrrm...conspiracy time.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe you get the 10% back in the form of some sort of points that after reaching a certain amount can be redeemed into store credit.

So it's not really a discount as you'll be paying full prices all the time, but a GAME sort of setup where after X buys you can save Y money off your next purchase.

Do we know the premium points to real money ratio yet?

Zavvi and The Hut have knocked their prices down a notch. They now have the cheapest UK prices for all three variations.

Zavvi

Basic: £229.99

Premium: £274.99

Premium ZombiU bundle: £299.99

The Hut

Basic: £229.99

Premium: £274.99

Premium ZombiU bundle: £299.99

Shadzter does it again, ladies and gentlemen. Always keeping us posted about the best prices. Cheers, buddy! This is a tidy saving too!

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hey why the hell not? Here's the complete info the for Wii-U. Just thought it would be nice to do a little round-up what with all the news we've gotten this week, and alot of people are still confused from what I've heard.

Wii-U Hardware and Features

console_black_big.jpg

Miiverse

Miiverse is a brand new network communication system that lets gamers from around the world share experiences, discuss games and discover new content.

Using their personalised Mii character, players enter Miiverse and see games, applications or entertainment content that either they have interacted with recently, expressed interest in learning more about or that their friends are using or discussing.

From here they can challenge their friends to play together, ask a question about a difficult level or discover new elements of their favourite games they never knew existed. After a notable achievement or other share-worthy moment, players can pause their game or application and seamlessly post messages to the Miiverse community.

TV Remote

The Wii U GamePad may also function as an infrared TV Remote, whether users are watching TV or playing a game.

Near Field Communication (NFC)

The Wii U GamePad has the ability to communicate wirelessly with objects that are held above it. This allows for a variety of interesting new possibilities for games and activities.

Nintendo eShop

The digital storefront for Wii U will be available at launch and offer a variety of content for people to download and enjoy. Consumers will also be able to purchase and download select games that are also available at retail stores.

There are plenty of ways to discover new games on Nintendo eShop:

you can watch trailers, view charts based on popularity, or search for games using a variety of search filters.

Video Entertainment

Nintendo is working with other partners to bring video experiences to Wii U that will take advantage of the integrated second-screen experience. Additional details will be released at a later time.

Video Chat

Using the built-in camera of the Wii U GamePad, people can communicate with other Wii U owners in real time.

Internet Browser

Wii U comes with a browser that lets people with a wireless Internet connection surf the Internet from the comfort of their couches. Using the simple controls on the Wii U GamePad, it's possible to display your favourite web pages on the TV to share with family and friends, or just browse the web on the GamePad without using the TV. You can even use the browser when you are in the middle of a game!

Compatibility with Wii games

In addition to being able to play almost all Wii games you already have, you can also continue to use your controllers and other accessories such as Wii Remote Plus (and Wii Remote) controllers, and Nunchuk controllers.

Size

Approximately 1.8 inches high, 10.6 inches deep and 6.75 inches long.

Weight

Approximately 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg).

Appearance

The new console features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any home entertainment setup.

CPU

IBM PowerⓇ-based multi-core microprocessor.

GPU

AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU.

Storage

Wii U uses an internal flash memory. It also supports SD Memory Cards and external USB storage. SD Memory Cards up to 2 GB and SDHC Cards up to 32 GB are supported.

Supported Media

Wii U and Wii optical discs.

Networking

Wii U can access the Internet via wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters (sold separately).

Wii Compatibility

Nearly all Wii software and accessories can be used with Wii U.

Please note: Nintendo GameCube software and accessories are not supported.

Audio Output

Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI port, or analogue output via the AV Multi Out connector.

Video Output

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

Controllers

The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers or Wii U Pro Controllers, and Wii accessories such as the Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Balance Board.

And complete Wii-U Gamepad info for those who are interested.

gamepad_black_atd.jpg

gamepad_black_back_pio.jpg

Size

Approximately 5.25 inches high, 1.6 inches deep (not including buttons and other projections) and 10 inches long.

Weight

Approximately 1.1 pounds (500g), including battery and stylus

Screen

6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio LCD touch screen.

Gameplay Inputs

The 6.2-inch touch screen, analogue L/R Sticks which can also be pressed to act as buttons, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y Buttons, L/R Buttons, ZL/ZR Buttons, + Button (START) and - Button (SELECT). Also features motion control powered by an accelerometer, gyro sensor and geomagnetic sensor.

Other Inputs

POWER Button, HOME Button, SYNC Button, volume control (to alter the Wii U GamePad volume), TV CONTROL Button.

Other Features

●An inner camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, sensor bar and rumble feature.

●Supports NFC (near-field communication) functionality, allowing for electronic reading of data without contact.

Audio Output

Stereo.

Stylus

A Wii U GamePad stylus is included.

Battery

The Wii U GamePad is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.

Battery Life

Approximately 3 to 5 hours. Battery duration differs depending on the brightness setting of the screen. The information regarding battery life is a rough guide. It can be shorter depending on what functions of the Wii U GamePad are used. The Wii U GamePad can be charged while in use by connecting it to the Wii U GamePad AC Adapter.

Recharge Time

Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

And don't forget,

A Nintendo of America customer service representative has confirmed that Wii U GamePad replacements will be available for a fee. Nintendo of America has already said that Wii U GamePad’s will not be available for purchase separately.

If you break a Gamepad, you're gonna have to buy one straight from Nintendo.

Combined both posts to one and fixed.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll never need to pre-order this. Living in Singapore, there are like kinda little gamers that I can easily grab it on launch day without any problems (sort of).

One thing I hope we get to see more of is Miiverse. It seems like a very interesting concept if done right, and I hope Nitnendo makes a full explanation video or something to tell us exactly what it can do, how to use it, other features, etc.

P.S. I almost forgot, isn't this the Wii-U Main Menu? Since they said Miiverse would be the first thing you see upon turning on your system.

original.jpg

Edited by Nintendoga