Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Ninja Gaiden 3 Fact Sheet

Ryu Hayabusa + Ayane + Wii U = Ninja Awesomeness

The solitary ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, must find a way to lift the deadly curse on his right arm before it destroys him. NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge has been reworked to bring to Wii U the truly intense, high-speed challenge and action NINJA GAIDEN fans demand. And this time, the female ninja, Ayane, will join the battle as a new playable character in her own exclusive chapters within story mode. With more weapons and Ninpo types, a new character progression system, a redesigned battle system, a new character, two-player online co-op game play using Ryu and Ayane, and the return of dismemberment, NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge improves upon the original NINJA GAIDEN 3 in every way and offers Wii U exclusive features and functionalities.

New Playable Character: Ayane – NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge adds a new playable character: the female ninja, Ayane, who will be available in her own exclusive new chapters within the story mode.

Chapter Challenge Mode – In this separate mode, players can progress through any of the chapters in the story mode using either Ryu Hayabusa or Ayane.

Online Co-op Multiplayer mode with Ryu and Ayane – In addition to an up to eight-player multiplayer battle mode, the game now offers Ryu and Ayane as playable characters in the two-player online co-op multiplayer mode.

Unique Wii U controls – During single-player mode, players can enjoy faster and more fluid action by using the touch screen of the Wii U GamePad controller to select weapons,execute Ninpo or see the combo chart.

New Weapons and Ninpo Types – Exclusive to the Wii U version, the game includes six weapon types and three Ninpo types for Ryu Hayabusa, allowing for greater game-play variation and deeper strategy. Ayane also comes with her own set of weapons and Ninpo types.

Character/Weapon Progression System – Using the Karma points earned during game play, players can now upgrade their weapons and Ninpo, earn new moves and increase the character HP level.

• Faster, More Intense Battles – Improved enemy AI, the return of dismemberment, as well as new enemy types and battle areas have been added for greater variety in battles and increased replay value.

• Coop
  • 8 Player Battle Mode
  • Faster, More Intense Battles - New Areas, enemies, better AI, dismemberment, etc
  • Upgradable Weapons, Abilities, Stats, new moves, etc.
  • New Playable Character

I can't tell whether it's impressive or depressing that an enhanced port of a game so terrible it charts new areas of bad is rendered into a playable game to the point that it can actually be seen as a selling point for a new console.

Should have just called it Ninja Gaiden 3: Good Edition.

Thanks to the Bayonetta 2 reveal I will prolly end up buying but I won't be getting it anytime soon and it'll prolly be used one too so that I can get it under 150€. That's one thing I like about Nintendo consoles since the hardware is pretty much outdated you know chances are of a defective WiiU is pretty low.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's 246 dollars at my place but I pretty torn this time. I've to choose from a gaming PC, HD PVR and this. Darn it.

I don't have any consoles at my house but my Wii and PS3... Screw myself for not waiting for the next Nintendo console and getting the Wii for Colours on launch day.

It's really a tough choice but I think I'll just wait and see how this goes cos' I don't mind missing out on Rayman Legends, Bayonetta or any of the Nintendo franchises for the next gen.

I am going to have to buy another console soon if Sony and Microsoft are going into the next gen so I'll think again at that time.

So for now, nope, not a release day purchase. smile.png

EDIT: Why the hell they aren't making Nintendo Land bundled with the White one? I mean it's a sequel to the Wii right? Then, gimme my normal Wii Sports-ish game... I'm now going to have to buy the black one now. At least, thank you for making Wii remotes compatible.

Oh yeah so are we gonna get Wii U Sports?

And I just need a solid price by Nintendo for the Premium Bundle. One source says it's 246 for me here, another 204. :o

Edited by Faseeh

As far as downloadable titles go, for anyone who already doesn't have the Steam version of Trine 2 should probably consider getting the Wii U version - from what I know, the Wii U version has exclusive content and visuals on par with the PC version, and I can imagine the control scheme with the Wii U gamepad would be so much better than using a traditional controller.

Anyone who doesn't have that game at all should get it. It's a wonderful and beautiful game, one of the top three best-looking games this gen in my opinion.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Hold a sec. Scribblenauts Unlimited is multiplatform? When the hell did this happen? When it was originally announced it was presented as Nintendo's ace in the hole, and all of the rest of them had been Ninty exclusive.

Edited by Tornado

Hold a sec. Scribblenauts Unlimited is multiplatform? When the hell did this happen? When it was originally announced it was presented as Nintendo's ace in the hole, and all of the rest of them had been Ninty exclusive.

As Chooch says, it's for Wii U and 3DS. Which makes it a Nintendo exclusive as opposed to a "multi-platform" game.

And besides, the 3DS version lacks the Object Editor mode which is making the Wii U version look so enticing, so it may as well be a Wii U exclusive and be done with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

HMV

Basic: £249.99

Premium: £299.99

Premium ZombiU bundle: £329.99

Argos

Basic: £269.99

Premium: £319.99

And I thought GAME and Gamestation's prices were expensive...

Blockbuster

Sainsbury's

Premium: £299.99

Premium ZombiU bundle: £329.99

Woo, staff discount! I'm the second name on my wife's discount card biggrin.png

Hang on, isn't Scribblenauts Unlimited on PC as well?

Oh, so it is. It's been getting nowhere near the same amount of coverage though and I imagine it wouldn't be quite the same as playing it on the Wii U, in terms of feel. And even so, it's still not quite "multi-platform". That kind of implies a 360 or PS3 release as well, neither of which are likely to happen. Wii U will remain the only home console you can get the game on.

Yes, it's on PC.

Because it happens to be on multiple platforms, it is multiplatform, and not all of them belong to the same manufacturer so claiming it as an exclusive would be some legendary goalpost moving. Especially when the context for its mention was "games you can play elsewhere".

Scribblenauts Unlimited 3DS is going to lack a ton of features such as the level editor. The PC version you could argue, but no one really counts that as "Multiplatform". Look at the 360, tons of titles (First party too!) that are platform "exclusive" but come out for PC.

Are you sure you can play it "elsewhere" anyways? A lot of games require powerful PCs so if you're on an older machine, good luck playing them on a PC. That is one of the reasons why I even buy consoles, my PC sucks.

I also think you're not giving Nintendo's version of Ninja Gaiden enough credit. The fact sheet I posted alone makes it sound like it bumped from a "Meh" game to "Good" at the very least.

Especially when the context for its mention was "games you can play elsewhere".

I'd say that it is extremely rare for that to actually be the context of the term.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just did some maths. In the UK, the Wii U Premium costs £300, the equivalent of $487. In the US, the same pack costs $350, the same as £215. This is absolutely ridiculous. The American price is about 72% of the price we're paying. The only potential saving grace to that is that our tax is included. Will it be added separately on the other side of the pond?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure how it is on online shops, but tax is generally added to the price while paying for it and not already included on the price tag in the US.

Yeah, Tax is added seperatly. It still wouldn't total $500 freaking dollars though. You guys are getting screwed big time.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not quite as bad as in the UK, but the rest (I assume) of Europe will be getting it for 350€ which is rounded up 459$

I think 350 euros is too much, especially because the console isn't that powerful compared to the 360 and the ps3.

Also when the Wii released it was 250 euros(I think) I was expecting the console to cost around that.

Let's hope they don't do the same mistake as they did with the 3ds and don't overprice it.