Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I understand pre-ordering a Wii U, but why pre-order Bayonetta 2? It may very well not release for a long while, and exclusives haven't even been announced.

Amazing Ninty. Yesterday you price the basic white bundle at about 204 SGD for us (or so I am informed), now you make it 418. Wow. I'm really gonna pass it at this rate.

EDIT: Apparently, 204 SGD is the exact USD price in SGD but still yeah, come on! This is stupid.

Edited by Faseeh

I understand pre-ordering a Wii U, but why pre-order Bayonetta 2? It may very well not release for a long while, and exclusives haven't even been announced.

The shop I buy from operates on preorder listings and member perks. First to pre-order is the first to get obviously, along with certain privileges if you're a member, and these pre-orders are free. I just order and then pay when I pick it up from the store once it's available, and any extra changes are notified.

Besides, it's Bayonetta fucking 2. There's no way I'm not going to be there on release, pre-order or not.

Except for some rare sell out cases or for certain preorder bonuses, preordering any game is pointless. Most games will be there day 1 at the store preorder or no. Having said that every now and then I find myself preordering and paying in full because I have the spare cash for a game I really want and that might not be the case when said game releases.

• Thumbs Up 1

To everyone who missed their chance for Gamestop's online pre-orders, Toys R Us still has them.

I pre-ordered the black one. It's not charged until it ships, so I might end up seeing if I can get it at another place cheaper and cancel.

On second thought Toys R Us has a reputation for fucking up orders and not informing you if your product has been infinitely back-ordered or canceled.

EDIT: Got a second pre-order from Walmart's site. Not sure if they've got a rep like Toys R Us but I'll gladly cancel both of these if I can find one in-store. Best Buy and Toys R Us haven't had IN-STORE pre-orders in my area yet, so there's always hope.

Happy Hunting, everyone.

Edited by Solly

I swear, one of these console launches I will preorder early to sell the thing on ebay for a 200-500% profit like everybody else.

As bad as speculation might be, papa needs a new pair of shoes.

Eh, I just ordered it off of GameStop on day 1, so I SHOULD be fine. From what I hear, Gamestop and Best Buy are now sold out.

Edit: Just looked, GameStop is sold out of the Deluxe kit online, the Basic is still available. Yep, good thing I pre-ordered.

Edited by King Of Awesome

Damn. My family hasn't gotten around to pre ordering yet because they don't know if they're gonna sell the old Wii.

It looks like we have another success story on our hands, guys.

I love the Gamepad and I think it's one of the best ideas Nintendo has had in years because it definitely reflects the way we interact with our devices now. How often do most people watch TV without having at least one other screen in front of us?

However, I think the implementation of the Gamepad so far kind of sucks. ZombiU is using it right, but I feel like other games are focusing too much on it. Take NSMBU for example, the whole dropping platforms thing seems a little forced. I'd rather the tablet screen just be used to display the HUD information and other menus so that what you see on the TV is a pure HD Mario experience without any overlays or distractions. We're making and buying these beautiful games these days and the Gamepad could give us the cleanest experience possible.

The problem with New Super Mario Bros U is that ALL the players need to the HUD. Not just the player with the gamepad.

Dunno if this has been mentioned or not on the last page, my internet is acting pretty shitty today for some reason. If it has then Herp Derpity Derp Derp to me.

Wii-U Gamepad needs to be 8 Meters (24 Feet) or less from the TV & Console

…Is there a limit on the distance that you can take the [Wii U] GamePad away from the system?

“There is. And it’s… Of course, when we’re generally giving limits on things like that, and I think the same thing can be said for the Nintendo 3DS battery life… We tend to be more conservative, because we’re looking at it from a performance perspective. What, really, is the range where you’re going to get the best performance out of that? And you’re going to get the best performance within a range of about… They had a very precise number at one point. In meters it’s like eight meters. In feet it’s about 24 feet. That’s for best performance.”

-Bill Trinen, Nintendo product manager

Woah woah woah woah woah, is he implying that they intentionally made the 3DS's life battery suck? Cause this is news to me.

Otherwise, my dreams of playing Smash Bros. while on the toilet has sadly come to an end.....then again there is the 3DS version

What about the regular controllers, though? The farthest I ever take my PS3 controller is to the bathroom (which has line of sight to me TV), so if they have better range than that that's alright.

What about the regular controllers, though? The farthest I ever take my PS3 controller is to the bathroom (which has line of sight to me TV), so if they have better range than that that's alright.

Probably the same range as the Wii Remote (Buttons work far btw for the Wii Remote, just not the IR).

Wait, you have a TV in the line of sight of your bathroom? O.O

Probably the same range as the Wii Remote (Buttons work far btw for the Wii Remote, just not the IR).

Wait, you have a TV in the line of sight of your bathroom? O.O

My TV is against the back wall of my bedroom so I can see it from the bed, and the door across to the other side of the room opens into the bathroom.

Edited by Tornado

26 1/2 feet from my TV & Console

Nintendo just wants to torment me.

Edit: Wait a minute, I got an idea! Why don't we just take the TV & Console.....

And PUSH IT somewhere else!

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1