Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-09-14-wii-u-interview-reggie-explains-why-USD299-is-a-really-strong-value

Q: Sure, but how do you respond to the general sense from some people that Nintendo could have been more aggressive with pricing?

Reggie Fils-Aime: In the end, the consumers are going to decide. So I'll share this data with you. We've announced the price and we have a number of retailers taking pre-orders and the feedback that I'm getting from retailers is extremely strong in terms of pre-sales and consumer excitement at the store. In the end, I care about those people. I care about the consumer who's putting money down on a pre-order and whether or not we're presenting a great value to them. Based on some of the reports I'm getting, the answer is yes.

I also think you're not giving Nintendo's version of Ninja Gaiden enough credit. The fact sheet I posted alone makes it sound like it bumped from a "Meh" game to "Good" at the very least.

Nintendo's version? It's still developed by Team Ninja.

If they do, well, does anyone remembers the last time these two collaborated? cool_f.gif

I'd say that it is extremely rare for that to actually be the context of the term.

It is for the current discussion. We're talking about software that entices towards a WiiU launch acquisition, and exclusives are a big part of this. However, if the game is coming out on other platforms, some of which you may even already own, it is rendered moot in the value proposal.

Hah, Reggie was completely unable to address the ports question.

I'll tell you the price with Massachusetts Sales tax (not including shipping). The Deluxe SKU costs 371.86 with tax, while the basic SKU is 317.68. You guys are being taken for a ride.

I'll tell you the price with Massachusetts Sales tax (not including shipping). The Deluxe SKU costs 371.86 with tax, while the basic SKU is 317.68. You guys are being taken for a ride.

Royally so. We're still paying a neat extra $100 even after MA taxes. There's no good reason for this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet... But yesterday, Amazon made one terrible terrible mistake... . ... if you work at Amazon that is.

ZbdJyl.png

dbN64.png

Thats not a photoshop, they were the actual prices you could pay yesterday! Amazon pre-order policy, we won't charge you more if you pre-order and the price goes up, so some people got a 32GB Wii-U for £200.

Amazingly, thats still more expensive than what America has to pay for their Wii-U.

Amazingly, thats still more expensive than what America has to pay for their Wii-U.

That is such bullshit. Why doesn't Nintendo Europe decide their own prices?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet... But yesterday, Amazon made one terrible terrible mistake... . ... if you work at Amazon that is.

ZbdJyl.png

dbN64.png

Thats not a photoshop, they were the actual prices you could pay yesterday! Amazon pre-order policy, we won't charge you more if you pre-order and the price goes up, so some people got a 32GB Wii-U for £200.

I saw some people in the ONM comments yesterday when that happened saying that they received e-mails after the price went up saying that it was an admin error and they won't get it for those cheaper prices.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw some people in the ONM comments yesterday when that happened saying that they received e-mails after the price went up saying that it was an admin error and they won't get it for those cheaper prices.

Awww, they really can't honor those prices at all? That isn't right, especially with the already outrageous Euro price :c Edited by Jetronic

Yeah, I knew not to feel disappointed by that because there's no chance they would honour that. You know, I'd be happy enough with a £250 price point for the premium pack. Why £300? I don't get it at all. I also don't get why Nintendo don't price their products here.

Yeah, I knew not to feel disappointed by that because there's no chance they would honour that. You know, I'd be happy enough with a £250 price point for the premium pack. Why £300? I don't get it at all. I also don't get why Nintendo don't price their products here.

It's not even going to be £300 in a lt of places, I think Game/Gamestation actually want £310 for some reason. And a number of stores are also going to charge more by their own bundle deals, e.g. buy the nintendo land bundle and Batman for £350 or something like that, then when you ask them for just the Wii-U they'll say 'nope.'

Hmmmm, European territories do seem to be getting the short end of the stick here - but at the same time if memory serves correctly, you guys are home to some nasty price wars when it comes to this kind of thing. As we move closer to launch, I would expect retailers to start under-cutting each other and that hefty price tag will look a little bit closer to what we're paying in the US.

All i have to really say is this. Wii U + Assassin's Creed III = EPIC WIN. about damn time Nintendo finally started getting the good stuff. xP

I need to try to preorder it by tomorrow. I'd really hate to see the sell out be true. :/

Already selling out? If that's true, I know of a certain brotherhood that'd be spazing after this

Texted a buddy of mine that works at GameStop earlier today asking if they were taking reserves for the Wii U... Apparently, they were, but they stopped taking them on the 14th, and started on the 13th. Thanks for the heads up, GameStop.

that was roughly the case on reservations for the Wii. I had to keep calling them to see when they were taking reserves and the same day they were taking reserves when I called, they stop taking reserves because they received so many. Can't really blame them though... they got swamped

Apparently Best Buy is done taking preorders as well. And I couldn't preorder one at Walmart without getting the "requested quantity not available."

So... I guess we're out of luck?

Was the Deluxe model a launch only bundle or something? I heard it was for a limited time only.

I thank god I was refreshing like a mad man on the website I buy games from the moment the Premium version was announced.

I fucking F5'd their Wii U console page without pause to make sure I was one of the first to pre-order. One hour later the Premium bundle goes from being non-existent on their main Wii U page to the Top 1 pre-order in a matter of two hours.

Around this time, Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 also jumped into Top 10 preorders, surpassing the placeholder Zelda HD and Super Smash Bros 4 preorders, and Rayman Legends secured a Top 5 preorder behind ZombiU, NSMB U and console bundles. This makes me happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thank god I was refreshing like a mad man on the website I buy games from the moment the Premium version was announced.

I fucking F5'd their Wii U console page without pause to make sure I was one of the first to pre-order. One hour later the Premium bundle goes from being non-existent on their main Wii U page to the Top 1 pre-order in a matter of two hours.

Around this time, Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 also jumped into Top 10 preorders, surpassing the placeholder Zelda HD and Super Smash Bros 4 preorders, and Rayman Legends secured a Top 5 preorder behind ZombiU, NSMB U and console bundles. This makes me happy.

Bayonetta shitstorm seems to be working for plat. Fuck yeah Bayo2 and Viewtiful Joes in the top 10

Extremely happy I went ahead and pre-ordered from Gamestop early =) Honestly, I think this was to be expected, after what happened with the Wii's launch.

Edited by Toby Barrett

Just pre-ordered the deluxe package from Best Buy's website, even though apparently they're out?

Hope the order processes and I don't get an e-mail about it being cancelled...I hesitated a bit on this and I don't want to regret that.

Edited by Mykonos

All i have to really say is this. Wii U + Assassin's Creed III = EPIC WIN. about damn time Nintendo finally started getting the good stuff. xP

The experience would be no different.