Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I want an HD remaster of Custom Robo Battle Revolution with online play.

So I'll just cry in a corner instead.

• Thumbs Up 4

Pikmin 1 is surprisingly rare or something for me cause everytime I see it its more expensive than the second one for some reason (on amazon its like the wii port is the GC version with how hiked up the prices are).

Also, personally wouldn't mind HD remakes of the PM series and luigi's mansion.

It is hard to say what the new R&D building will be used for, for what we might know it might be for programs/OS/non gaming purposes or other ideas Nintendo has flying around. After all Nintendo bought the company who made the DS video codec and set it up as NERD in Europe that seems to be for middleware. If it is for gaming development, then it is just the thing Nintendo needs.

Anyway speaking of HD remakes, there are a few that would appeal to me either because the game is interesting or because I have enjoyed the game. F-Zero GX is one since I didn't get the chance to get that game back in the day however I do recall Miyamoto not liking the game (maybe due to the high difficulty level that can be fixed?) but F-Zero X will do just fine. Wave Race 64, Excitebike 64 and 1080 Snowboarding as well since Nintendo don't want to make sequels to them and a HD remake is probably a safer option. Super Mario 64 is a good option (and simplier graphics meaning that it doesn't take as much art reworking like say Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask) and Sunshine however that might be trickier due to the lack of analog triggers so the game probably has to be reworked especially the FLUDD. Plus Luigi's Mansion so people who bought the second game can play the original. I'm sure that Nintendo can bring some HD remakes of Wii games if they decide to remove the Wii backwards compatibility in the future even though some Wii games got upgraded sequels like Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club so that leaves with the Mario Galaxies and a few others. Bringing the Star Fox 64 and the Ocarina of Time 3DS remakes to the Wii U may also help.

Would also settle for Nintendo 64 emulation via the Virtual Console providing that Nintendo brings more games to that service than even the Wii since it is one of the few consoles that can't be played on modern TVs since it doesn't seem to support SCART (most European TVs don't have S-Video and don't think that it can take RF now) and only a few models can be modded for RGB. Another reason why is because N64 emulation on PC isn't very good, sure people like to mod Super Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time with higher resolution textures since they work okay however many games either have glitches (like the skybox in GoldenEye) or just don't work like Rogue Squadron or World Driver Championship, plus the plug-in business can cause glitches to games depending on system. I'm thinking if Nintendo and Warner Bros. (providing that they do have all the rights to Midway's games on the N64) release their games and find a way to get rights for some of the remaining titles then it will be good in a preservation type of way. Getting GoldenEye as well as the Rare stuff and Rogue Squadron would be a cherry on the cake but doubtful due to rights.

F-Zero GX would be so mindlessly easy. It's one of the few Gamecube games that play in 16:9 naturally.

Port it to Wii U and program it to render at 1080p, and boom.

• Thumbs Up 2

I kinda like Paper Mario 64 the way it is, low-res graphics and all. I also don't see what an HD version of TTYD would entail. The low-poly 3D environments just further contribute to the game looking like a storybook pop-up.

I really don't think it would do any damage to it in that area, honestly, If anything, I think it would help make the characters, buildings and etc look more like the prop material they were made to resemble. Work the textures a bit, smooth things out, adjust the lighting accordingly, do some other things I probably forgot to mention... I think it could work.

TTYD would be awesome in HD! What about Starfox Assault HD? Luigi's Mansion HD? So many choices!

I'd like to see a Sunshine HD just so they can polish it up a bit and make some of the missions better. And get rid of those fecking blue coins! It's a good game but has many flaws compared to the other Mario games.

Since Nintendo did say that Year of Luigi content would bleed into 2014, a Luigi's Mansion HD would be an even better choice than it already is. Can't believe I didn't mention the original Luigi's Mansion in my earlier post, considering I'm running through Dark Moon for the umpteen time.

What about another Star Fox 64 port? or what about an upgrade of starfox 1? that would be interesting

Nintendo probably doesn't want to bother with Startox again. Truth be told it's not a big loss for me unless they come up with something new and interesting enough to get me invested in the series again.

If we're talking about hypothetical games/things we wish could get made, all-out remake of Super Mario 64 could possible be enough to make me consider (a purchase of the system). I've decided to go with the 3DS version of Smash Bros so as to avoid having to buy the U simply for that one title. I'm really glad that they're offering that option, and I'm sure the differences in gameplay won't be that noticeable, if at all.

My personal thoughts/opinions on the current and upcoming "AAA" titles for Wii U:
-----

Wind Waker HD - Don't need it, have Dolphin and a capable setup already. I'll just run a legal copy of the game at 1080p and be done with the whole mess.

Mario Kart 8 - Will likely not be different enough from previous Mario Kart titles to warrant my interest. In addition, I'm very pleased with what All Stars Racing Transformed has to offer, and Mario Kart 7 is a good enough game for me on its own.

Super Mario 3D World - I'll regret not having the chance to enjoy this title, but as I've stated in a previous post, it is not worth $300 + $60 + tax.

Wonderful 101 - Does not appeal to me.

Rayman Legends - I have it on PC/Steam.

Pikmin 3 - Have not played Pikmin 1 or 2 yet, therefore I can wait until the system is much cheaper.

Super Smash Bros - Noted above, getting 3DS version instead.

Sonic Lost World - Not making the same mistake I did with Generations. Price drop or bust.

-----

The 3DS will essentially have all of the Nintendo titles that I'm looking forward to this year.

Sunshine however that might be trickier due to the lack of analog triggers so the game probably has to be reworked especially the FLUDD. 

What about the "pro" controller?

If we're talking about hypothetical games/things we wish could get made, all-out remake of Super Mario 64 could possible be enough to make me consider (a purchase of the system). I've decided to go with the 3DS version of Smash Bros so as to avoid having to buy the U simply for that one title. I'm really glad that they're offering that option, and I'm sure the differences in gameplay won't be that noticeable, if at all.

My personal thoughts/opinions on the current and upcoming "AAA" titles for Wii U:

-----

Wind Waker HD - Don't need it, have Dolphin and a capable setup already. I'll just a legal copy of the game at 1080p and be done with the whole mess.

Mario Kart 8 - Will likely not be different enough from previous Mario Kart titles to warrant my interest. In addition, I'm very pleased with what All Stars Racing Transformed has to offer, and Mario Kart 7 is a good enough game for me on its own.

Super Mario 3D World - I'll regret not having the chance to enjoy this title, but as I've stated in a previous post, it is not worth $300 + $60 + tax.

Wonderful 101 - Does not appeal to me.

Rayman Legends - I have it on PC/Steam.

Pikmin 3 - Have not played Pikmin 1 or 2 yet, therefore I can wait until the system is much cheaper.

Super Smash Bros - Noted above, getting 3DS version instead.

Sonic Lost World - Not making the same mistake I did with Generations. Price drop or bust.

-----

The 3DS will essentially have all of the Nintendo titles that I'm looking forward to this year.

You forgot X, and Hyrule warriors

You forgot X, and Hyrule warriors

I'd never heard of either up until a short time ago. Don't know enough about them to make a judgement call.

I'd never heard of either up until now.

Look em up, Monolith's X's nintendo direct teaser impressed my suitemate enough to say that it looks like a system seller to him, worth getting the system just for it, its a JRPG

Hyrule warriors is a LOZ Dynasty warriors crossover

Nope. The Pro Controller is identical to the GamePad, with the exception that it lacks a screen, speakers and a headphone jack. Neither of them have analogue triggers, just buttons. In fairness, so few games have any use for the triggers I can understand why Nintendo wouldn't bother. Still, it is rather annoying.

Pretty rad. Big titles or not, Wii U is gonna be home to a huge variety of great indie titles within a few years.

Pretty rad. Big titles or not, Wii U is gonna be home to a huge variety of great indie titles within a few years.

Yep, while they may not have exactly opened the floodgates entirely, they have opened up select imigration and are likely to get quite a lot of great titles rather than a Swamp of mediocre ones

64 3D.

The only problem with that was hanging the future of a francise on a port, but I think this isnt the last we have seen of starfox

64 3D.

TRUE VG FACTS #443890: STARFOX 64 3D IS ACTUALLY THE SECOND EXAMPLE OF A STARFOX GAME BEING STOLEN BEFORE RELEASE AND LIKE STARFOX 2 NINTENDO DECIDED TO CANCEL STARFOX FOREVER BECAUSE OF THIS. UNFORTUNATELY NINTENDO WERE TOO BUSY MAKING THE LATEST NEW SUPER MARIO BROS GAME TO NOTICE THAT LITERALLY MILLIONS OF COPIES HAD BEEN STOLEN AND SHIPPED OFF TO RETAILERS. /AND/ PUT ON THE ESHOP. DARN.

(in all seriousness I don't think StarFox is dead I just don't think it's realistic to expect one any time soon)

64 3D.

They basically said if it didn't sell well they wouldn't bother anymore. Then they didn't advertise it???

• Thumbs Up 2