Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=219880

Nintendo has a new R&D building in Kyoto and is hiring more people to fill the roles. Where western companies are downsizes, Nintendo is increasing. I think Nintendo may actually be preparing for the inevitable of having to ride most of this generation on their own. 

Well, hopefully it means quality Nintendo games and not rushed Nintendo games to fill a gap.

This probably goes hand in hand with reports that Nintendo are hiring significant amounts of new employees this Spring. More games in development, development goes faster, etc.

Will be very impressive if they can buffer up their exclusive content even more than they already do.

If Nintendo could get more consistent releases going for s good chunk of their IPs that would help immensely.

Yeah imagine a steady flow of games under less-popular IPs on top of the regular Mario and Zelda games?

Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart
How the music can free her, whenever it starts

And it's magic, if the music is groovy
It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie

I'll tell you about the magic, and it'll free your soul
But it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock and roll

• Thumbs Up 9

Yeah imagine a steady flow of games under less-popular IPs on top of the regular Mario and Zelda games?

Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart

How the music can free her, whenever it starts

And it's magic, if the music is groovy

It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie

I'll tell you about the magic, and it'll free your soul

But it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock and roll

I struggle to understand this part of the post. 

• Thumbs Up 1

They should release more HD Remakes. Since Wind Waker HD apparently only took 6 months to make think of all the other games they could revamp to fill in the gaps with no big releases.

metrooiiiiiddd

They should release more HD Remakes. Since Wind Waker HD apparently only took 6 months to make think of all the other games they could revamp to fill in the gaps with no big releases.

metrooiiiiiddd

Metroid prime and f-zero GX are the only ones I can think of at the moment

I struggle to understand this part of the post. 

Erm, I'm going to out on a limb and say he's probably ecstatic

But really, consistent Nintendo releases would be amazing. Imagine all the games.

Metroid prime and f-zero GX are the only ones I can think of at the moment

Four Swords Adventure could be cool with the Gamepad

I normally don't buy games I own again but I'd buy Thousand Year Door HD 10 times even though there's literally no need to make Thousand Year Door HD but come on it's Thousand Year Door

• Thumbs Up 1

Kirby Air Ride HD yes please. The game looked incredible on gamecube so some HD polish couldn't possibly hurt. Plus best racing game ever amirite?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sunshine HD would be pretty great, but Nintendo doesn't really like that game much. I would love to see Delfino Island in HD

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo doesn't like sunshine because they have taste in games hahahahahadon'tkillme

Srs tho they need to touch up sunshine to make it less of a drag like Wind Waker. That would be nice

True.

You know what would be nice? A Pikmin collection. A lot of people who played Pikmin 3 only played that one.

• Thumbs Up 2

A) Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

B ) F-Zero GX (with online)

C) Eternal Darkness

D) Geist (with online)

E) All the above

Anyone of these would be find for me as HD remakes.

I'd prefer remaking the original Paper Mario to make it as good as PM:TTYD. Refine the graphics, better sound quality, and polish/revamp the gameplay to make it closer to TTYD. It'd be awesome.

TTYD would be awesome in HD! What about Starfox Assault HD? Luigi's Mansion HD? So many choices!

I'd like to see a Sunshine HD just so they can polish it up a bit and make some of the missions better. And get rid of those fecking blue coins! It's a good game but has many flaws compared to the other Mario games.

Yep, that must be the R&D they were building for a while in which, as I mentioned many pages before, is expected to host about 1,200 staff. Good to see it ready to go! =)

It's not just the inevitable of having to carry on this current gen by themselves; I think it's gonna be their best bet for many years to come. It has been proven many times that no matter how much third-party support they get, their own software will always stand out. If they can strengthen their research and development on both their hardware and their software with more staff, so be it: that will grant them more and even better products (with the possibility of bringing some of their dormant IPs) while filling up the gaps between each release.

Also, the existing development teams such as EAD Tokyo & EAD Kyoto will be expanded into new development groups. There was even a rumour where Masahiro Sakurai could possibly join EAD after development on Smash Brothers is finished. It's JUST a rumour, but man if that ever happened that would be one of the most marvelous moves done by Nintendo in years.

Kirby Air Ride HD yes please. The game looked incredible on gamecube so some HD polish couldn't possibly hurt. Plus best racing game ever amirite?

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

'Nuff said. X3

I kinda like Paper Mario 64 the way it is, low-res graphics and all. I also don't see what an HD version of TTYD would entail. The low-poly 3D environments just further contribute to the game looking like a storybook pop-up.

True.

You know what would be nice? A Pikmin collection. A lot of people who played Pikmin 3 only played that one.

Isn't there a port of both games on the Wii? After all, the Wii U is backwards compatible I'm sure most people looked into it after finishing the third game.

Yeah, there's NPC Pikmin and NPC Pikmin 2. Pikmin 2 is even a Nintendo Select, so it's available for 20 bucks. I don't know if it's still easy to get your hands on the original Pikmin, though.

The NPC Pikmins are incredibly rare in Europe though.

Are they really? I bought them both without issue quite a while after they were released.

Pikmin 1 is easy to find in Europe on both Wii and GC..

Pikmin 2 is not, on either.

Also, I kinda doubt Nintendo will do HD Collections. I hate to admit it but they're more likely to release HD games separately at full price ://