Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

It didn't actually say that, it just said it was an unannounced game.

According to the GoNintendo link, someone said it had a translation bit of a new IP.

Kill La Kill: The Game confirmed. Seriously, that would be the most amazing thing ever.

I'll say YES! Where do I have to sign up for this?

Regardless of what the actual game will be, another good exclusive hack 'n slash would be totally sweet. =)

Off the current line of discussion for a sec, how far away can you use the off TV mode?

My house is pretty small and old and due to that I spend most of my time upstairs ( it's fucking cold downstairs!) while my tV is downstairs, it can't move. Just wondering if I could use it in my room upstairs and over slightly from the TV room and still use it alright?

Off the current line of discussion for a sec, how far away can you use the off TV mode?

My house is pretty small and old and due to that I spend most of my time upstairs ( it's fucking cold downstairs!) while my tV is downstairs, it can't move. Just wondering if I could use it in my room upstairs and over slightly from the TV room and still use it alright?

It's a really short range unfortunately.

Haha wow! Funny how the first thing that came up in my mind was Devil's Third and as I read that thread on NeoGAF, others actually think it's that game as well.

That game's already confirmed for other platforms, unless Nintendo turned it into an exclusive, but I find that doubtful.

Someone said it would make people a little bit mad like Bayonetta but not as much.

HMMM

• Thumbs Up 1

No!C You know what they Need? A big push? Sonic and Mario wasn't enough, they need to orelase Smash for us. But we understand, so we need a new IP. Maybe New Metroid or F-zero or starFox? One of those will help the Wii-U.

and if not? who cares? the wii-u is a great console. Ninty is a great company. Wii-U doesn't sell like Wii? oh well. As long as they tried imo. It's like gamecube, great console, games, not alot of sales. I'm sure 9th generation will work out well for Nintendo.

That's all I have to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

You really just have to try it and see.  The construction of the walls/floors plays a huge part as well as the distance. At home, I  can't leave the room, even to go into the hall, but last down day at work, I discovered that I can hook the Wii U to the TV in the conference room and play on the Gamepad in the office. (What's the use of being able to play Wii games on the Gamepad only if you still have to be hooked to a TV in order to start the game?  I don't need a TV at all to start a Wii U game. )

I can't even go in another room with the gamepad, which is rather disappointing.

My case is rather odd. I can't go into the kitchen or the GamePad will lose the connection almost instantly, but I can go into my parent's room without much issue (it does start lagging a bit, though).

Anyway, I kind of prefer playing in Off-TV mode at times. I'm very thankful for the feature since we only have one TV in the house. :P

It's worth noting that the now defunct THQ was supposed to publish Devil's Third. Could be nothing, but that game does fit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are you acting so surprised at a new IP?

I guess its probably because, besides the wonderful 101 nintendo hasn't really had any new IP's in a while so this is pretty good news.

I guess its probably because, besides the wonderful 101 nintendo hasn't really had any new IP's in a while so this is pretty good news.

Well, first of all, this isn't Nintendo doing a new IP. It's a third party doing an exclusive. Second of all, Dillon, Pushmo, Sakura Samurai and Nintendoland (Technically) aren't exactly old.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, first of all, this isn't Nintendo doing a new IP. It's a third party doing an exclusive. Second of all, Dillon, Pushmo, Sakura Samurai and Nintendoland (Technically) aren't exactly old.

Now show me a new Nintendo IP that's not a negligible bit on the side. You know, something with staying power that will really get people excited. Dillon, Pushmo and the like are all new IPs technically, but they're all so minor. When people say they want a new Nintendo IP, they mean they want something new to join Mario, Zelda, Pokémon and Metroid up in the selection of greats.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Xenoblade, it has the critical acclaim for it even if it doesn't have the attention of most Nintendo IPs. Most people would be very happy if it became a franchise of sorts.

Xenoblade, it has the critical acclaim for it even if it doesn't have the attention of most Nintendo IPs. Most people would be very happy if it became a franchise of sorts.

For all it's acclaim, Xenoblade doesn't have mass appeal. It even had a very hard time being brought outside of Japan. It's very nice to see it of course, but it's still not a big new killer app like a brand new, top tier IP would be expected to be.

For all it's acclaim, Xenoblade doesn't have mass appeal. It even had a very hard time being brought outside of Japan. It's very nice to see it of course, but it's still not a big new killer app like a brand new, top tier IP would be expected to be.

Neither is Metroid if you look at it that way. Each game after Prime 1 struggled to sell a million units in spite of their critical acclaim.

Steel diver, xenoblade, Nintendo land, dillon, pushmo. I'm kinda getting tired of people saying Nintendo hasn't made any new IP's even though they have people are just looking past them*coughbrainscratchcough*

Nintendo has more IP than most people know about. Nintendo should focus on the IP they haven't been working in in years instead of just making new IP all the time.

Nintendo has more IP than most people know about. Nintendo should focus on the IP they haven't been working in in years instead of just making new IP all the time.

I guess the main thing with Nintendo as I've heard before is that they think they can't make anything new in one of the already established IP's unless they come up with something totally new and revolutionary to go along with it. I know they want to make sure anything they make is going to be unique when they make it, but when you haven't done anything with certain ones for quite awhile, more of the somewhat same may not be such a bad thing. Yet, you can also go too far with doing the same thing, as that does sound like what alot of people got a bit frustrated with over Mario over the past year or two.