Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

But hey, I was able to do my 3DS system transfer and I bought AA5 when the service was temporarily working. It's been kind of on and off, though, but it's not quite stable yet.

Compared to yesterday, I managed to get into the 3DS eShop right now. So yeah, it's been on and off, but still it's something, getting closer to stability.

I had to take a look at the 3DS Christmas deals: I am tempted to grab SteamWorld Dig...

Oh, that's right, they're nowhere, because no one is actually playing their PS4 and it's shitty launch titles, they're too busy doing something more entertaining than Killzone will ever be-  shitting on Nintendo on the internet.

Shitting on Nintendo on the internet is a lot more entertaining then not playing the bundled game that Nintendo decided to not actually bundle.

• Thumbs Up 6

Shitting on Nintendo on the internet is a lot more entertaining then not playing the bundled game that Nintendo decided to not actually bundle.

Why must we "shit" on Nintendo as you put it? I understand that they messed up a bit in that their servers overloaded. It may be taking them time to get them fixed, but heck, if this hasn't really happened to them before, can you expect them to know 100% what to do the first time it happens? Things like this have likely happened to the other online networks many times before and they already know what to do. Nintendo has still been learning with this sort of stuff. I just never found picking on this company a fun thing to do, especially for those that don't even own the console. It is one thing to say what you dont like and such when you don't own it, but it is another to bash on something you don't even have. That's why you don't see me in the PS4 and Xbone topics and such like that. I dont have it, thus I shouldn't talk about them because whatever I would be saying would simply be what I'm assuming rather than what I've seen or experienced myself.

So about Nintendo's server issue - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94999810&postcount=1006

Nintendo use AWS / Amazon CloudFront.

Anyone want to confirm this as well? Because if this is true, especially since it can be updated and almost never goes down, not sure if the defense for Nintendo can stay very high.

... So this whole mess is technically Amazon's fault, then? That's pretty much how it appears to be, from what I'm reading.

I have no idea what that means.

Amazon's servers almost never go down and can be upgraded at the click of a mouse. Minecraft uses it even now long after its release, they're super cheap (if you're a company) and easy to maintain, basically some of the most inexperienced people can do this.

Excuses for this happening are pretty much dwindling on Nintendo's part.

Trusting anybody on NeoGaf is laughable. Not trying to defend Nintendo here, but I thought the internet knew this already.

• Thumbs Up 2

Trusting anybody on NeoGaf is laughable. Not trying to defend Nintendo here, but I thought the internet knew this already.

:UUUUUU

Anyways, hasn't NeoGaf been right about things in the past?

EDIT: Here we go, this is from October  http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/BryanCashman/20131009/201518/These_Open_Source_and_Cloud_Technologies_Power_Nintendos_StreetPass_Relay.php

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyways, hasn't NeoGaf been right about things in the past?

Having some people from Neogaf be "right" doesn't make it a good source. For every right, I could probably pick out 10 wrong. The forum is also notorious with the many accounts saying stuff and ending it with "ban me if I'm wrong". I take the forum with a grain of salt. It's fun to look at, but I really don't take most of the posters seriously.

I would like to go back to Remz post where he said a lot of people had no idea what they're talking about. This whole "upgradeable at the click of a button" thing sounds really dumb. If you really think Nintendo could have just clicked and got this done, they would have. They're not /that/ stupid.

I'm pretty sure the click of a button thing was just a metaphor for how easy it is and not litterally a click of a button.

...Which was also a metaphor in my post. It's not so simple and easy, there's a reason why server outages can take days, sometimes even weeks to get fixed. None of us have handled large servers before. I highly doubt we would know the process to fixing these types of issues.

As someone who hasn't seen a single dropped connection since the day the eShop went down for maintainence (for the christmas update), I don't know what the fuck you lot are even talking about.

Considering I live in Australia though, I'm guessing it could be more a regional thing than an international one?

This is basically Nintendo right now:

xVyoSl.jpg

Look at that cheeky smile the dog is wearing. He knows damn well what he's doing.

"Oh, so you don't like us Nintendogs returning as Assist Trophies in the next Smash Bros.? Maybe this pile of dogshit we will drop on your precious Nintendo Network servers will change your minds."

• Thumbs Up 7

It's amusing how everything NeoGaf says and does is instantly considered as reliable, trustworthy source. Even the so-called professional gaming media let them have a pass.

EDIT: Just checked how the Nintendo Network is doing on both NoA and NoE status pages.

NoA Nintendo Network Status 3DS eShop will be unavailable from 4PM-4AM ET. Rest of services has intermittent availability.

Due to a high amount of online traffic, some of our Network Services, including Nintendo eShop and Wii Shop Channel, have been experiencing intermittent downtimes. We are working to address this as quickly as possible. We are managing the situation by opening the shops at certain times of the day in each region. This allows access for customers around the world. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support.

NoE Nintendo Network Status Status Services are operating normally.

Intermittently unable to connect to the service between the times shown below, due to a high concentration of people trying to access the service. It is now operating normally. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Time of Fault:

From (approx.) Wednesday, 25 December 2013 10:08

to Saturday, 28 December 2013 04:51

I heard they were gonna address their networks by shutting the eShop down in different regions at different times. Looks like the European Nintendo Network seems to be addressed: I'll have to take a look myself.

Edited by Kaabiitorori

As someone who hasn't seen a single dropped connection since the day the eShop went down for maintainence (for the christmas update), I don't know what the fuck you lot are even talking about.

Considering I live in Australia though, I'm guessing it could be more a regional thing than an international one?

Well its fairly international. It hit the US and Western Europe.

Sequel to the original.

...What the hell was up with the math guy at the end ?_?

Why does someone need to be taught on how to Zeldo? It's as easy as making Metroid crawl.

The one about the Lumas was the best one, compared to the others it was so out of left field.

Someone needs to tell that guy who wants to travel in time and stop Nintendo that they've been dabbling in electronics since way before their console forays.

So when the server goes down, everyone's on to raise hell, but when it gets fixed, there's nothing to say? At least the situation's been resolved. (Aside from when NIntendo manually closes the eshop.