Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

They don't look a great deal better, but they do run a great deal better.

I think that may end up being the defining difference between the Wii U and its competitors.

• Thumbs Up 1

Time will tell whether people give a shit about that, though. It just seems like people are fine with pretty graphics and 30 FPS. Nintendo's typical trickery will let them go 60 in certain games, though.

That's when the best anyone could do was 30, though, unless you blew a bunch of money on a gaming PC. Quite different from when the possibility exists that the best your system can do is 30 and the best the other two can do is 60.

Again, hypothetically, though.

Edited by Tornado

It really depends on how much it would cost them. I'm pretty sure it would be much more possible with the new hardware even in the Wii U but, if it were not it would probably cost a pretty penny. I'm not quite sure Sony and Microsoft want to blow that much money on their next console, at least Sony seems wary of it.

Miyamoto speaks of F-Zero on Wii-U

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175434

I think at the time it (F-Zero) was a really big surprise, a new thing, a product that made sense. I don’t see with current hardware how you could create a similar surprise. But maybe with future hardware, with Wii U coming up, maybe we could create something that does make sense, either as a smaller game, or a fully fledged title.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think next generation will be like current generation but we will have more games running at 60 FPS, less slowdown, and less framerate issues in general.

Confirmed: Nintendo will announce a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U at E3

http://www.eurogamer...the-wii-u-at-e3

Oh lord I see it now.

Yo dawg, we heard you wanted a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U so we made a new New Super Mario Bros. game so you can...

Edited by Pinkamena

Oh lord I see it now.

Yo dawg, I heard you wanted a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U so we made a new New Super Mario Bros. game so you can...

New Super Mario Bros is already announced for Wii U.

I thought that was just a tech demo or something.

Edited by Pinkamena

New Super Mario Bros. Mii was just a tech demo and not a game actually announced to be released on the Wii U.

New Super Mario Bros. Mii was just a tech demo and not a game actually announced to be released on the Wii U.

I will bet all my vitural money that the tech demo is the planned New Mario game for Wii U. This same scenario played out for Luigi's Manison. It was a tech demo turn into a full game.

I will bet all my vitural money that the tech demo is the planned New Mario game for Wii U. This same scenario played out for Luigi's Manison. It was a tech demo turn into a full game.

Yup, fully expect this to be the case as well. It may be under a different name now, but it'll basically be another instalment in the NSMB series and now you can play as crappy Miis. It'd be awesome if Nintendo proved us wrong however.

Yup, fully expect this to be the case as well. It may be under a different name now, but it'll basically be another instalment in the NSMB series and now you can play as crappy Miis. It'd be awesome if Nintendo proved us wrong however.

All I want is Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi as playable characters. Nobody could say that wouldn't be epic. XP (Also, you can play as somebody other than Mario in single player mode.)

To be honest, Nintendo didn't sell me the idea of playing a Mario platformer with a Mii. I mean it fine in Sporting events like MK7 or what is planned for Mario Tennis Open but I buy a Mario platformer to play as Mario universe characters not a Mii.

(Also, you can play as somebody other than Mario in single player mode.)

I would lose on purpose eight time just so I could play as Luigi in NSMBWii.

Edited by Team Chaotix

What kind of shitty tech demo shows last-gen graphics? xD

It was a tech demo showing off the ability for the system to play games off the controller screen, so they didn't really bother making it look pretty. Zelda and that Japanese garden demo were for that.

It would be awesome if Nintendo revealed a brand new IP to kick off its new console.

Sadly that dream will never become reality.

• Thumbs Up 3

It would be awesome if Nintendo revealed a brand new IP to kick off its new console.

Sadly that dream will never become reality.

They have Mario & Zelda, they have no need for another IP.

Sheesh, you guys say that like Nintendo never produces new IP nowadays. Sure, Project HAMMER got canceled, but Excite Truck/Excitebots might as well be its own IP, with its tenuous connections to Excitebike, and then there's Disaster: Day of Crisis, and Xenoblade, both made by Monolith, who I don't doubt will produce some stunning content for the WiiU.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sheesh, you guys say that like Nintendo never produces new IP nowadays. Sure, Project HAMMER got canceled, but Excite Truck/Excitebots might as well be its own IP, with its tenuous connections to Excitebike, and then there's Disaster: Day of Crisis, and Xenoblade, both made by Monolith, who I don't doubt will produce some stunning content for the WiiU.

Yeah, that's cool and all, but I've never personally witnessed Nintendo launch a console with a brand new 1st party IP.

Don't you think its time that they did?

They have Mario & Zelda, they have no need for another IP.

Yeah, just cause they don't need one, doesn't mean they shouldn't make one.

Yeah, that's cool and all, but I've never personally witnessed Nintendo launch a console with a brand new 1st party IP.

Wii Sports.

• Thumbs Up 4

Because Mario sells, as shown by the 3DS and Wii. So it'd only make sense they do it again for the Wii-U, just wasn't expecting it so early....

And I am not pleased by this news one bit. I hate the NSMB series. It's bland, boring, pales in comparison to other platformers like Donkey Kong Country Returns and Rayman Origins.

The Wii version just had a 4 player (no online) gimmick that felt tacked on at the last second, and the tech demo looks like the same thing. They better bring something game changing or massively improve the level design, or it's just gonna be mediocre to me ( But not to the critics who will say it's another revolution because, "it's Mario").

But if it does have online multiplayer (which it should), then maybe I'll rent it regardless.

Also, Iwata said that there was a 3DS 2D Mario game coming out later this year/early 2013. If so then are we gonna have two NSMB styled games, possibly having some kind of connectivity between the two?( That would be cool) Though I do hope it's a new styled 2D game.

...And it better be online too.

Edited by Jack Slate
  • Thumbs Up 1