Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

$299 definitely seems fair, yeah. It does raise one question for me, however: If Nintendo has thus far refused to sell their systems at a loss and are going to sell the Wii U for the same price the PS3's going for... exactly how cheap is it to produce?

Damn, there must be something a bit off with those prices. $299 translates to £180 and 299 translates to £250. I'd like to hope it's the former here in Engeyland.

Currency rates don't really work that way. Considering how exchange fees work, the dollar/euro/pounds usually always fall within the 249-299 range.

It works the same way in Sweden. Technically, games cost $59, and they're priced here accordingly as 599:-. That said, if you convert that amount, it'd fall more within the $100 range. You can't really count up the worth of a dollar and just translate the price, export fees and taxes speak for that.

$299 definitely seems fair, yeah. It does raise one question for me, however: If Nintendo has thus far refused to sell their systems at a loss and are going to sell the Wii U for the same price the PS3's going for... exactly how cheap is it to produce?

In order to get the 3DS going, they had to sell it at a loss. So, it's a bit early to be saying they won't be selling the Wii U at a loss after the 3DS' launch.

$299 would make this a Day one or Week 1 purchase for me. Price seems very Nintendo like and extremely fair.

Though I'm still believing they will release this $350, I'll be okay with $300.

Currency rates don't really work that way. Considering how exchange fees work, the dollar/euro/pounds usually always fall within the 249-299 range.

It works the same way in Sweden. Technically, games cost $59, and they're priced here accordingly as 599:-. That said, if you convert that amount, it'd fall more within the $100 range. You can't really count up the worth of a dollar and just translate the price, export fees and taxes speak for that.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Rumor: Major Wii U eShop Games Leak Includes World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike, And Plenty More

A source close to Dual Pixels that has insider knowledge of Nintendo has revealed to us a major Wii U eShop leak featuring titles scheduled for launch and some that are in production for the platform. Wii U, launching this Fall is Nintendo's most technologically advanced console to date with horsepower that rivals PS3 and Xbox 360 allowing our current HD experiences to be recreated on the upcoming console. According to our source, developers are taking note of the opportunities Nintendo presents with Wii U, given the superior processing power that was unavailable on the original Wii. The Wii U eShop leak below contains titles from a suite of publishers including Nintendo themselves, EA, Capcom, Square Enix, Activision, Valve, and more.

Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development

Level 5

Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)

Activision

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch)

World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)

Capcom

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)

Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

Electronic Arts (EA)

Boom Blox Wii U (EA)

NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)

Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)

Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)

Crysis (EA) (Launch)

Gaijan Games

Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)

Namco Bandai

Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)

Meteos (Namco Bandai)

Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)

Nexon

Dragon Nest (Nexon)

Nintendo

Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)

Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)

Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)

Sabarasa

Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)

SEGA

Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)

Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)

Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

Spicy Horse

Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)

Square Enix

Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Wii U (Square Enix)

Telltale Games

The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)

Ubisoft

UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium

Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)

I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)

Valve

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)

DotA 2 (Valve)

There are a couple of interesting titles that stand out of the leak we received. World of Warcraft, love it or hate it, is one of the most popular PC games in history and yet apparently will finally make it's console debut with Wii U. In addition, Valve will be bringing the FPS Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (also coming to PS3 and Xbox 360), which will be the first time they've ever released a title on Nintendo platforms. Recently our source correctly revealed to us that Assassin's Creed 3 would be launching on Wii U later this year. As with all rumors, they should be taken with a hint of excitement; and more importantly, a grain of salt.

Source: http://www.dualpixel...of-warcraft-cou

Pretty interesting leak if you ask me, but some of those games on that list sound really fake. Hopefully some of the unconfirmed games on that list are true, specifically Pac-Man Battle Royale because I think that game would be perfect for consoles.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

An interesting and rather large list, and a few launch titles, too. If it is true, then the WiiU eShop certainly helps the console's launch lineup.

Surprising that the original Crysis would be re-released as download-only, but then again, If the WiiU can run Crysis of all things, Nintendo gamers get something that non-PC gamers haven't been able to play before, so it makes sense.

And I'd honestly be surprised if CS:GO wasn't on the WiiU, either, so it makes sense as well. DOTA2 is a surprise, though, but considering the touch-screen controller, it also makes a certain amount of sense.

An interesting and rather large list, and a few launch titles, too. If it is true, then the WiiU eShop certainly helps the console's launch lineup.

Surprising that the original Crysis would be re-released as download-only, but then again, If the WiiU can run Crysis of all things, Nintendo gamers get something that non-PC gamers haven't been able to play before, so it makes sense.

And I'd honestly be surprised if CS:GO wasn't on the WiiU, either, so it makes sense as well. DOTA2 is a surprise, though, but considering the touch-screen controller, it also makes a certain amount of sense.

The original Crysis has been on the PS Store and Xbox Live Marketplace for a while now.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Crysis/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410968

Oh god, Okamiden HD? The tablet would be perfect for that game and it would look much more amazing! Shut up and take my money, CAPCOM! If it's real of course.........

Hm, I find it very difficult to believe that list. I mean, Okamiden HD? The hell? Not that I'd ever say no to that, but...

WoW? On any console, let alone the Wii U? Right.

That list sounds like they threw a bunch of names at a wall and reported on what stuck.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gah, idk. Unless they make Okamiden amazing, I didn't like it near as much as the original game. I'm not really a fan of tracing your slave on your back to do everything *shot*. I'll give it a shot if an HD version pops up though! I'd just rather have a whole new Okami game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Rumor: Major Wii U eShop Games Leak Includes World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike, And Plenty More

Source: http://www.dualpixel...of-warcraft-cou

Pretty interesting leak if you ask me, but some of those games on that list sound really fake. Hopefully some of the unconfirmed games on that list are true, specifically Pac-Man Battle Royale because I think that game would be perfect for consoles.

Wait, Nexon is getting in the Console Platform?

Edited by novelty

They'd have to do some major revamping with Okamiden if they honestly want to make an HD version worth bothering at all. Game was fucking boring; if it wasn't the limitations on the DS, it was the partner mechanic that totally broke any enjoyment I could have gotten out of it. Might as well just make a proper Okami sequel.

• Thumbs Up 3

For this to be real, someone at Capcom would have had to have this thought process:

> People really loved the original Okami! It's considered one of the best games on both consoles it's on and is often used as an example for why video games qualify as a meaningful art form!

>Let's revamp and rerelease the sequel that was almost universally considered vastly inferior to the original!

I mean, I know it's Crapcom and I wouldn't put it past them but... Not even they could be that dumb, right?

The thought of WoW moving onto other hardware besides computers sounds a bit unrealistic.

Why? The game is years old so the hardware can probably run it, and who knows; the touchpad may have made it possible to transfer the keybindings from the PC game.

Darksiders 2 dev: Wii U hardware "on par" with current gen

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-26-darksiders-2-dev-wii-u-hardware-on-par-with-current-gen

Won't do anything to "up-rez" the game on Nintendo's console.

The Wii U hardware is "on par" with the current generation of consoles, one of the developers behind Wii U launch title Darksiders 2 has said.

The game's developer, Vigil, said Darksiders 2 on Wii U will be "pretty much the same" as the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, and confirmed it won't do anything to "up-rez" it for Nintendo's next console.

Instead, the Wii U version will stand out because of the way it makes use of the console's touch screen controller, game director Marvin Donald told GameReactor.

"We have limitations based on Nintendo's progress," he said. "But, the only problem that's been for us is not having an actual release date. But once we know when Nintendo has committed to a firm date, we will be able to commit to a date for Darksiders 2, but we're planning on it being a launch title, and so far everything's been smooth sailing.

"We got the game running on their hardware pretty quickly, and the controller's been great to work with. Now it's just down to deciding what we really want to do to make it a unique experience on the Wii U; taking advantage of the extra screen and the touch capability and all that. So, we'll have a few new features for sure, but I think visually, for the most part, it'll be pretty much the same.

"So far the hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generations. Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to up-rez the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure."

Nintendo has so far remained tight-lipped on the tech specs of its first high definition console, instead promising to fully unveil the final design at E3 in June before launch in time for Christmas 2012.

In July last year Donald told Eurogamer Vigil spent five weeks in the run up to E3 2011 creating a working version of the action adventure game on Wii U. Then, he said the Wii U had "plenty of horsepower", "so we're not going to have to make any visual concessions at all".

At that time developers were working off of second generation Wii U dev kits - early versions of the console. Donald told us "if the Wii U turns out to be this ridiculously powerful machine, we will probably make changes to our budget and scope to take advantage of that". His latest comments suggest this has not happened.

This contradicts what the technical director said last year about it being more powerful.

Those rumors and those completely different "facts" make me sick. Seriously, I finally want some real, official facts. Come on Nintendo, it can't be that hard.

Because it is an MMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't PSO an MMO? Or is this a particular kind of MMO that prevents it from becoming a console game? I'm not really well-versed in that sort of thing.