Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a bit too much of a bump, delete this post if so.

We have a list of launch "window" titles for the Wii U, which may or may not be true:

• Pikmin 3

• Smash Bros.

• Lego City Stories

• Darksiders II

• Ninja Gaiden III: Razor’s Edge

• Batman: Arkham City

• New Ubisoft FPS IP

• New Ubisoft multi-sports family IP

• Ghost Recon Online

• Assassin’s Creed

• Rayman Raving Rabbids

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/wii-u-upcoming-games-unleashed/http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/wii-u-upcoming-games-unleashed/

The use of the term "launch window" bugs me because it means up to half of these titles could not be launch titles, and Nintendo could display an odd definition and call a year later the launch window's end. People in the comments are also calling BS about Smash being a launch window title because Nintendo said the game hasn't started development yet, but i'm just gonna hope they lied. Or something.

To be fair, Gamecube had like 1 Nintendo launch title: Luigi's Mansion. It didn't get Super Smash Brothers and Pikmin until December.

With Pikmin 3 and Super Smash "We haven't actually started making it" Bros, I'm calling it fake for now.

Hahaha, "I know you're thinking 'Where's Zelda?". Sure, because console Zelda games usually come out right after another.

Edited by Ekaje

With Pikmin 3 and Super Smash "We haven't actually started making it" Bros, I'm calling it fake for now.

Hahaha, "I know you're thinking 'Where's Zelda?". Sure, because console Zelda games usually come out right after another.

Edited by RedCap-BlueSpikes

Everyone of those games I can either already get sooner on a different platform, is BS, or am not interested in. If Nintendo doesn't have a KILLER title ready for launch I'm waiting. The 3DS has taught me a lesson.

• Pikmin 3
  • Smash Bros.
  • Lego City Stories
  • Darksiders II
  • Ninja Gaiden III: Razor’s Edge
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • New Ubisoft FPS IP
  • New Ubisoft multi-sports family IP
  • Ghost Recon Online
  • Assassin’s Creed
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids

And upon reading that, I automatically knew this list is fake. Didn't someone at Nintendo say that Smash Bros hasn't even begun production? Heck, that they didn't even plan much, only discuss the possibility? Yeah, I doubt they'd start anytime soon for launch.

No backwards compatability for Gamecube games? Well, guess I'll be keeping my Wii. I don't even think my Gamecube works anymore.

Actually, Shigeru Miyamoto said that Pikmin 3 development moved over to Wii U and is already nearly finished so ZU didn't pull that entire list out of their butt. The only thing fake about that list is Smash Bros, even if it's a remake or something like they planned to do with Melee.

Also, to the people complaining about how the controller looks uncomfortable and heavy, everyone during E3 was saying it's super comfy to hold in your hand and is surprisingly light for what it has in it. So you can pretty much throw that worry out the window.

Yeah, but moving it to another console takes a lot of work in and of itself. Twilight Princess was delayed a year to make the Wii port, and Kirby disappeared for a few years when the Gamecube game got moved to Wii (Might be wrong on this last one, might've been scrapped and current Kirby game is completely original) .

Yeah, but moving it to another console takes a lot of work in and of itself. Twilight Princess was delayed a year to make the Wii port, and Kirby disappeared for a few years when the Gamecube game got moved to Wii (Might be wrong on this last one, might've been scrapped and current Kirby game is completely original) .

Shigeru Miyamoto said the porting was already done though. I mean, if a team of 5 can port a game over to Wii U and do it within a month I think Nintendo could very easily port Pikmin 3 over to Wii U rather quick, wouldn't you think?

Samsh bros isn't in production till 2012. Even if it was in production right now, it won't come out til 2014, or 2015.

I'm anticipating a Metroid game at or near launch. Metroid is a franchise that will absolutely benefit from an HD facelift, and will be perfect for demonstrating the uses of the uPad, in addition to being perceived as more "hardcore" by average gamers.

Not launching with Metroid would be a huge missed opportunity.

I can handle the fact that the Wii-U can't play dvds.

I can handle the fact that the Wii-U doesn't have bluray.

I can Handle if the Wii-U doesn't have GC games on the virtual Console.

I can even handle if the Wii-U cost $250-$350,

But god damn it Nintendo, I CAN'T HANDLE THE FUCKING FRIEND CODES, GET RID OF THEM!

On Xbox live all I have to do is either enter in the gamer-tag, or view their profile and select "Send friend request"

But on the Wii, DS, and 3Ds, I have to-

A.Find someone online,

B. send them an email asking if they want to be friends,

C. Wait for them to reply,

D.Send friend code and wait for replay again

E.Write down their code and enter it in the system

F.Get mad when I realize that they haven't added me yet

G. 2 weeks later, they add you.

H. Get pissed once you realize that they only play games you don't.

Also, let us add people while we are playing with them online. You don't know how many times I've met someone on SSBB and Mario Kart, wanted to add them, but couldn't because we need to be "safe for the kiddies."

Kill the Friend codes on the Wii-U, and I will be Ver-Wii happy!!!

....I'm sorry for that pun.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, I look at the previous page and this, and my mood is now down underground. Screw you, SSMB. ;_;

More seriously...

That list is definitely false.

I'm being hopeful for the Wii U and fully expect Pikmin 3 at launch.

Kill the Friend codes on the Wii-U, and I will be Ver-Wii happy!!!

131405939447.gif

Realized it will cost a ton here, should I sell my Wii when the time has come?

- Vinyl Scratch

Edited by Blue Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 2

Depends, do you have a GameCube or VC/WiiWare games on your Wii.

Personally there's no way I'd sell mine because my GameCube doesn't work anymore, I have downloaded games on it, as well as using the Homebrew Channel for Brawl mods.

Eh, I do have Gamecube games, but my control went kaputz. No, I don't have a Gamecube.

As for the VC/WiiWare, I do have some of 'em but I have most of them on my SD Card.

I find it funny when Sony says there was a never a Console, that appealed to Hardcore and Casual gamers. PS2?

@Blue Wisp

I doubt you'll be able to play your SD card games on a Wii U, and you can always get a new GameCube controller for cheap on the internet if not used at a shop.

Developers are saying that the Wii-u will come out June 2012, but now people are saying that Nintendo's considering releasing it September 2012. Well at least we know it will come out June-September 2012.

So its essentially Q3 2012.

Being after E3 was pretty much a given. They need more time to show of content and features of the system, and E3 is the best place to do it.

Releasing it in the summer would be huge, but a lot of companies refuse to take chances like that.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Developers are saying that the Wii-u will come out June 2012, but now people are saying that Nintendo's considering releasing it September 2012. Well at least we know it will come out June-September 2012.

A guy from SEGA said once that it was released in June / July 2012.

A rumor is saying that Nintendo considers releasing it in September 2012 (said rumor also says very worrying stuff about the Wii U).

Don't take that kind of stuff as facts, or else you'll always end up being disappointed.