Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

You know I've wanted a 3D Yoshi series game for a long time. I'd adore it if this was that and used some kind of aiming system on the Gamepad similar to the ninja star tech demo game.

Dumb question. Has anyone tried playing Smash Bros Brawl on the Wii U yet? Just want to know how it feels on the controllers.

You can only use Wii controllers on old software. As far as I'm aware.

I've never even played the original yet I'm really interested in this (-as-of-now-unannounced) game.

OH GOD IT SOUNDS REAL SALF;A DON'T MAKE ME GET MY HOPES UP YOU ASSBAKA RETAILERS....

Jesus just thinking about a hand drawn HD Yoshi's Island in the pastel style of the original is jaw-dropping, I can't wait to see if this is real.

inb4 Yoshi's Story remake

> Would be okay with this.

Though I'd rather see it on 3DS because goddamn can you imagine that pop-up book scenery... looking like a pop-up book?

• Thumbs Up 2

So erm, I'm actually considering getting the Deluxe Model for Christmas because lets face it, the Basic Model looks pretty lacking and cheap. Would anybody who has it recommend it? Or in general will it be a good idea to get one do you think?

A new Yoshi, eh?

considering all the reboots Nintendo's been dishing out lately...

...Do you think...?

iceclimbers.jpg

....You will rise again soon, my children.....

I'm not sure if I'm more excited to see the gorgeous Yoshi's Island style refined for the HD capabilities of the Wii U, or the possibility that Baby Waluigi might actually happen this time

Any sort of Yoshi goodness on Wii U would have me doing any sick, twisted, illegal, immoral things to get my grubby, disgusting paws on one of those systems and its sexy, sexy Gamepad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of the gamepad, would you say it beats the dualshock controller wise.

Not that I don't like the PS3, but something about that controller always felt...off.

Not that I don't like the PS3, but something about that controller always felt...off.

I'm the complete opposite, I always preferred the Dual Shock controllers over any other. I'm pretty sure the dpad on the 360 made me hate the controller cuz it's really my only problem with said controller... that and I play fighters with a pad.

• Thumbs Up 3

The nice thing about the gamepad is that it is also a touch screen, so it could be superior depending on the circumstances. Instead of pressing 32 buttons in a row, you could tap a single button.

Also, the buttons are the same Nintendo buttons we all know and love. The analog sticks are awesome and the shoulder buttons are insanely comfy. The fact the device is bigger means your hands are more relaxed and farther apart. I know older people hate small controller so it is nice to use.

I've always hated PS controllers, but its mainly because I have somewhat large hands. The OG Xbox Duke Controller is my favorite controller ever in terms of comfort, just a notch above the Xbox 360 controller. I do however, acknowledge the D-Pads suck on Xbox controllers, though the new transforming ones are a step up. Nintendo has always had the best D-Pad.

I would definitely buy a WiiU if there's a new Yoshi game coming! Hands down one of my favorite video game characters aside form Sonic. Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island, I loved them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember how the Wii U sold 400,000 last week? The 360 sold 750,000. Though for comparison the 360 only sold 360,000 during it's entire launch month. It's a bit difficult to gauge this though. After 400,000 sales the Wii U is sold out almost everywhere so lots of people are finding themselves unable to get one.

The 360 was also having Black Friday deals and a good deal of sweet bundles. Halo 4 didn't exactly lessen the deal for that matter.

I don't think these numbers really say much in terms of Wii U's performance. That said, 360 is pretty much the most popular console in America so this would have been expected either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a bit of trouble with the shoulder buttons on the GamePad; I'd have been happier if the finger ridge underneath was marginally higher up the back of the pad. As it is, the trigger buttons (ZL & ZR) are easy to pull but the shoulder buttons are a definite stretch for me. Aside from that, I find it easily as comfortable as the Sixaxis PS3 controllers I've got, with the added benefit of having the 'back' and 'enter' buttons right where they're supposed to be. biggrin.png I've inadvertently backed out of more menus than I can count on the PS3, and agreed to options I wanted to back out of. Can't compare to the Xbox controller as I've never tried one.

And the 'normal' shape of a controller is either a square box with a joystick and one button or a phone keypad with a joystick above it and side buttons. (Huh, come to think of it, the Colecovison controller looked like my first cellphone with a joystick instead of a screen) All these boomerang-shaped things are newbies. wink.png