Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Amazon order of ASRT- Shipped

Zavvi order of NSMBU and Pro Controller- Shipped

Zavvi order of Wii U Premium- Payment processed, and hoping it ships tonight. :D

Sooo excited now.

Amazon order of ASRT- Shipped

Oh shit I need to check mine. I cancelled my Wii U order after getting that early one but now I don't have the cash in my account for ASRT. I hope it hasn't shipped. I didn't want to cancel it until Mollfie got the games in stock at GAME and could was reassure me ALL Wii U copies are the special edition. D8

Oh well uhh... thank goodness for overdrafts lol.

My ASRT is still in the 'Dispatching Soon' phase. Which is good if I wanted to cancel, but I don't so it's good. I just hope it gets here with my Wii U.

And now my Wii U has shipped now too. biggrin.png Delivery is expected on or before Monday.

EDIT: Still got one more good deal from Zavvi incoming as well- Rayman Legends for £19.95 including shipping. Shame it got delayed, but I'm not cancelling the order.

Edited by Blue Blood

To those of you who haven't preordered: Where are you going to buy your system, and when?

I'm going downtown early in the morning on release day, hoping there will be a console left. I have over £400 to buy a Wii U with, and I'm worried I won't be able to get one.

Remember how the Wii U sold 400,000 last week? The 360 sold 750,000. Though for comparison the 360 only sold 360,000 during it's entire launch month. It's a bit difficult to gauge this though. After 400,000 sales the Wii U is sold out almost everywhere so lots of people are finding themselves unable to get one.

I wonder how much of that is, as you say, simply because most retailers don't have in stock them right now. I know my local Gamestop had some available to buy, but all of them were basic ones.

Edited by Tornado

Dammit, Zavvi's slow cancellation processing has just landed me another Wii U that's just been dispatched a few minutes ago when i've already paid for my Tesco order! I can't exactly dish out £300 for a second console i don't need!

Dammit, Zavvi's slow cancellation processing has just landed me another Wii U that's just been dispatched a few minutes ago when i've already paid for my Tesco order! I can't exactly dish out £300 for a second console i don't need!

Well, you should be able to return it sealed and unopened and get a refund.

Well, you should be able to return it sealed and unopened and get a refund.

*sigh*... I know, just such a hassle really, don't need this crap, especially so close to Christmas >_>

Wait. Had you already paid for the first preorder? If not, couldn't you just say you didn't want it when they call you up to tell you to come get it? It's not like they would have issue getting rid of it.

Edited by Tornado

Wait. Had you already paid for the first preorder? If not, couldn't you just say you didn't want it when they call you up to tell you to come get it? It's not like they would have issue getting rid of it.

I think Soniko has some ungodly cheap deal from Tesco to go pick up on Friday, but Zavvi have already shipped out the more expensive one.

• Thumbs Up 2

The original order i placed was pre-paid in full about a month ago, however their T&C's for returns and such on Electronics isn't very clear, so i may need to ring them up and see if i can sort something out before dispatch.

I think Soniko has some ungodly cheap deal from Tesco to go pick up on Friday, but Zavvi have already shipped out the more expensive one.

Pretty much this.

• Thumbs Up 1

ShopTo ASRT, Zavvi WiiU and Zavvi Pro Controller all shipped! Hopefully Tekken will ship soon too, no good if my only WiiU game is totally broken and still not patched.

EDIT: Still got one more good deal from Zavvi incoming as well- Rayman Legends for £19.95 including shipping. Shame it got delayed, but I'm not cancelling the order.

When was it that cheap? That's a great price.

Also: What's this I hear about a Tesco deal? Already paid for my WiiU from Zavvi but am curious anyway.

When was it that cheap? That's a great price.

Also: What's this I hear about a Tesco deal? Already paid for my WiiU from Zavvi but am curious anyway.

Just after the price of the console was announced, Zavvi were sending out codes to get launch games cheap each week to pre-orderers. Legends was one of them, but I think they stopped with the codes after a while due to uncertainty and the fact they couldn't have been making much profit on them.

There's no deal at Tesco that you're missing out on. Soniko works there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just after the price of the console was announced, Zavvi were sending out codes to get launch games cheap each week to pre-orderers. Legends was one of them, but I think they stopped with the codes after a while due to uncertainty and the fact they couldn't have been making much profit on them.

I didn't order Legends right away as I was looking for somewhere cheap to get it, but damn.

There's no deal at Tesco that you're missing out on. Soniko works there.

Ah makes sense, around console launches people often talk about really good deals in places like Tesco or ASDA popping up last minute so I wouldn't have been surprised.

It's possible that low sales + violence = they can't be bothered to try and get it around Aussie censors or get a good rating for it or something.

Ah makes sense, around console launches people often talk about really good deals in places like Tesco or ASDA popping up last minute so I wouldn't have been surprised.

It'll be worth picking up a newspaper tomorrow because that's when all of the supermarket ads are printed. Can't wait to see what prices they'll go with. If Sainsbury's do it cheap, then I might just cancel my Currys PC World pre-order and go there and use my wife's staff discount card. All of those Nectar points would be nice, too.

Well mine's already been dispatched from Zavvi so owell.

Speaking of which DPD said they'll apparently deliver it tomorrow, does anyone know what time of day they usually deliver? I'm gonna be out tomorrow afternoon I really don't wanna miss it aaaaa.

Speaking of which DPD said they'll apparently deliver it tomorrow, does anyone know what time of day they usually deliver? I'm gonna be out tomorrow afternoon I really don't wanna miss it aaaaa.

Oh? What's the estimated delivery according to Zavvi? I just went with free postage, since no matter what I order or from where, I always seem to get things quickly. The estimate they've given me is "on or before Monday the 3rd".

Oh? What's the estimated delivery according to Zavvi? I just went with free postage, since no matter what I order or from where, I always seem to get things quickly. The estimate they've given me is "on or before Monday the 3rd".

If you go to your Zavvi account and view the order details, you can Track your order, you may even have gotten an email or text from DPD about delivery.

At one point tonight I was about to place an order for the Wii U but ended up going against it! Still seriously considering it though.

At one point tonight I was about to place an order for the Wii U but ended up going against it! Still seriously considering it though.

If you want it for launch, I wouldn't bother ordering online now. I'd wait and see the supermarket prices in the newspapers tomorrow morning and go out early Friday morning to get one from whoever is cheapest.

If Jez's experiences is anything to go by I don't think that having a Wii U early is going to be much of a virtue since the Day-One firmware patch will be unavailable and is going to render a lot of functions unusable. Personally I can't say I'd get too excited just yet.