Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

If you want it for launch, I wouldn't bother ordering online now. I'd wait and see the supermarket prices in the newspapers tomorrow morning and go out early Friday morning to get one from whoever is cheapest.

That sounds like a good plan Shadzter!

Seriously considering doing that :)

If Jez's experiences is anything to go by I don't think that having a Wii U early is going to be much of a virtue since the Day-One firmware patch will be unavailable and is going to render a lot of functions unusable. Personally I can't say I'd get too excited just yet.

Maybe I can start transferring the Wii stuff or play Sonic AllStars Transformed Workingproperly Edition while I wait.

But either way I'd rather it arrived tomorrow cause I'm out practically all day on Friday.

Maybe I can start transferring the Wii stuff

Need the update. 8U

Literally the only thing you can do is play with the Mii Maker or disc games. It's kind of bizarre how ridiculously little there is to do. The 3DS kinda spoiled me by how much it had straight out the box.

I loaded up ZombiU just in case there was an update on-disc as Wii games tended to have but considering it's a GB that was pretty wishful thinking. Naturally there was nowt.

Edited by JezMM

The update isn't available in Europe yet? Well, that means that NoE could actually just not put the 1.01 patch of All Stars Racing up, if Nintendo of America is still being a lazy ass and doesn't greenlight 1.02.

I loaded up ZombiU just in case there was an update on-disc as Wii games tended to have but considering it's a GB that was pretty wishful thinking. Naturally there was nowt.

I expect that this will start happening sometime down the line. They certainly have the space on disc to do it. It's just that they wouldn't have had the chance to do it for the launch games, because they need the same amount of lead time to produce and ship discs as they do to produce and ship the consoles (so if it wasn't ready early enough to install on the system before shipping it wouldn't be ready early enough to be able to be slipstreamed into a game disc either).

No idea why Nintendo Europe doesn't have the thing ready already, though.

Edited by Tornado

Need the update. 8U

Damn really?

Maybe I'll just kill time by going through what Wii data I want to keep and deleting old Miis. Hm.

Orr maybe I should write my dissertation like I'm supposed to be doing.

Ended up buying it just now through Amazon Prime haha smile.png

Erm, I thought all order on Amazon places after November 5th (the ones after they reached their stock quota) weren't to be shipped until they got a second instalment.

No idea why Nintendo Europe doesn't have the thing ready already, though.

To stop the early birds from playing early.

Your order will be delivered

29 November

Your order from DPD will be delivered 29 November by DPD. Can you please ensure that someone will be available to sign for the parcel

Shit that was quick!

:edit: about my current situation, cancelled my Tesco order and getting a full refund, Zavvi are also giving me the difference in what i was originally saving from Tesco as an apology for messing up my order.

TL;DR - Wii U Premium with Transformed, ZombiU, Nintendoland & Tekken for... £230

Edited by Super Snowiko
  • Thumbs Up 5

TL;DR - Wii U Premium with Transformed, ZombiU, Nintendoland & Tekken for... £230

Holy shit that's a steal.

I'm envious to say the least, enjoy your haul!

• Thumbs Up 1

Erm, I thought all order on Amazon places after November 5th (the ones after they reached their stock quota) weren't to be shipped until they got a second instalment.

Yeah, I did think that too - but it says they have stock and that it will be delivered by 1pm on Nov.30th! Suppose I'll just need to wait and see what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shit that was quick!

:edit: about my current situation, cancelled my Tesco order and getting a full refund, Zavvi are also giving me the difference in what i was originally saving from Tesco as an apology for messing up my order.

Wow, that's a fucking amazing steal!

Also, I just checked my email... MINE WILL BE HERE TOMORROW TOO! biggrin.png But, lol, everything else is part of a separate order. Amazon still haven't shipped ASRT (it's dispatching soon...) and while NSMBU and the Pro Controller are from from Zavvi, but are going to a different address. Hoping I get them for Friday. ASRt is first class, so maybe Saturday?

Yeah, I did think that too - but it says they have stock and that it will be delivered by 1pm on Nov.30th! Suppose I'll just need to wait and see what happens.

They probably had a lot of unfulfilled orders tonight. Consider yourself super lucky!

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Holy shit that's a steal.

I'm envious to say the least, enjoy your haul!

thanks! i sure will! :D

Wow, that's a fucking amazing steal!

haha yeah bombed that pre-order with all my staff discounts and store coupons, worth it though!

You lucked out. We we're barely able to get the premium with Nintendo land.

I probably wont even purchase another game until glorious, glorious Rayman graces the system.

Oh and I failed to cancel my ASRT preorder too lol. Welp, I'm gonna be in the red but... at least I get all the launch games I wanted after all. D8

This is the kind of person Nintendo has to deal with with marketing the Wii U.

Hey is the wii u controller compatible with the older wii, i only got given onenlast xmas...

Also do wii do anything like xbox connect? Amd dance central will this ever be available for wii

http://www.facebook....otal_comments=1

To be fair - I think someone made a good point about the constant "what is a Wii U?" tweets. If NoA takes it properly, they could start a "What's a Wii U?" mass marketing advertising.

And at least he acknowledges that the Wii is a completely different console with the "older Wii" and recognizes the Wii U is the new Wii.

wait wait wait

people actually like the Kinect? I thought general consensus was that it's a disfunctional piece of garbage or something o.o

wait wait wait

people actually like the Kinect? I thought general consensus was that it's a disfunctional piece of garbage or something o.o

It's mostly Just Dance ON the Kinect.

I have never seen anyone play or talk about anything BUT that.

wait wait wait

Clearly, when it comes to the "general gaming consensus" and the "general mainstream consensus," there are little, if any, overlaps.

Kinect is actually still doing pretty good, as far as I was aware. Yeah, all the stuff on it is shit, but they don't know that.

wait wait wait

It's actually selling quite well. Women like the one I quoted in my last post have been eating it up for the dance and fitness games like they did with the Wii.

OT: In regards to Kinect, the Dance titles are it's main seller and sell like hot cakes, you'd be surprised at the amount of people who will buy a 360 just to play Kinect Dance titles like Just Dance, Dance Central and Zumba, it's also akin for the masses of fitness games for it, i bought one for my sister to help her lose weight, and she really loves the freedom she gets from not holding a controller or standing on a balance board, the only problem with Kinect is it's not really ideal for small living rooms, the sensor radius is ridiculous, so you need to shell out for accessories for the device to shorten it's sensor view, which means in short it's basically another Microsoft Cash-Cow tie in.

I can imagine. We had to buy some accessories for the A/V Club's. $30 for a fucking AC adapter, and a third party one at that. Microsoft must be laughing their way to the bank.