Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

They did have all 3 packs to pre-order in store when I pre-ordered back in September and the Zombi U bundle isn't listed there on their site. I've never known them over price like this, so I'm wonder if they're just doing it for their short supply online only launch stock they told me about. Maybe those who pre-ordered in store will get fair prices. At least I hope so.

Oh, so the Wii Mini is exclusive to Canada.

Smart Move Nintendo. You know they will buy this sucker up.

Edit: This NeoGaf poster is right.

How many times do you guys need to hear this: The people buying a Wii in 2012 do not care about features like this.

Honestly, complaining about this model is pointless. You weren't going to buy it anyway and you were not the target audience. This model is supposed to be an easy entry into the Wii library.

They are still making the normal Wii so I don't think people should panic about it. The older one will be more expensive but at least you get more features that way. I'm also pretty sure that Nintendo stuff costs more in Canada so... yeah, the savings could be more than you think.

Edited by Autosaver

Oh, so the Wii Mini is exclusive to Canada.

Smart Move Nintendo. You know they will buy this sucker up.

Edit: This NeoGaf poster is right.

Honestly, complaining about this model is pointless. You weren't going to buy it anyway and you were not the target audience. This model is supposed to be an easy entry into the Wii library.

They are still making the normal Wii so I don't think people should panic about it. The older one will be more expensive but at least you get more features that way. I'm also pretty sure that Nintendo stuff costs more in Canada so... yeah, the savings could be more than you think.

I think people here were more giving their opinions on it than complaining about it. They know it's not targeted at them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think the WiiMini is a bad idea, I just think it's gonna cause consumer confusion.

But that's more a problem with WiiU's marketing than Wii or WiiMini's.

WiiMini is a very cool looking console I don't think anyone will deny how cool it looks aesthetically! (as for features I'm good with my Wii ;P )

When was the last awesome "mini" version of a console? PS2 Slim? I really liked that one, especially since my original PS2 died and I picked up the Slim for a low price, it takes up a lot less space, came in silver and does everything my original PS2 did.

Canada exclusive though? lol, why? I know very little of the Canadian gaming industry, but is there a reason?

When was the last awesome "mini" version of a console? PS2 Slim? I really liked that one, especially since my original PS2 died and I picked up the Slim for a low price, it takes up a lot less space, came in silver and does everything my original PS2 did.

Well, there's the PS3 Slim, PS3 Super Slim, The Xbox 360 has a slim. So, There's a few after the PS2 but I see where you're coming from. I do kinda need a new Wii because mine's going a bit bad, but the Wii U play's Wii games, doesn't it? So, I don't really need this.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I really love the look of the Wii mini, but am baffled by it coming now...Nintendo always seems to know something I don't. No GC support is no surprise, but the lack of internet in a console releasing in 2012...strange move.

To go back a few pages though: The list was NOT confirmed to be real or fake, Nintendo did not address the games list when they acknowledged NeoGAF user Trike got into the debug menu. I feel its pretty likely that Yoshi's Land is meant to be Nintendo's major hype-bomb for 2013. The fruit staring without stating why in various Nintendo Directs, Retro Studios hiring artists for "2D highly stylized backgrounds" and rumors from April 2011 stating that Retro had recently begun work on a Yoshi's Island successor for Project Cafe...there are too many coincidences here to me. Yoshi is coming, and my money says Retro is making it. Though I hope it's a 3D platformer with large, exploration based Mario 64 stylings since 3D Marios have moved away from that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes I know

Well then there's your answer. A normal shaped controller is something akin to the 360 or PS3 controller. The Wii Remote was not a normal controller and Classic Controller was an often ignored add-on. The d-pads on the 360 and PS3 are awful.

Well, the Wii Mini couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Got a TV in my room (Finally!) And I think it'll be a nice compliment.

If I want online, I can just hop downstairs and use our normal Wii, or even the Wii U.

Well then there's your answer. A normal shaped controller is something akin to the 360 or PS3 controller. The Wii Remote was not a normal controller and Classic Controller was an often ignored add-on. The d-pads on the 360 and PS3 are awful.

That's why i asked. I didn't get the memo that the ps3 dpad was bad, especially compared to the 360 dpad. Meh, that's just me I guess.

Well, the Wii Mini couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Got a TV in my room (Finally!) And I think it'll be a nice compliment.

If I want online, I can just hop downstairs and use our normal Wii, or even the Wii U.

Aren't the standard wiis selling for roughly the same price right now? You could get a used one for that price if I remember correctly. Why not just do that? How much smaller is this mini compared to a standard Wii?

Edited by LunarEdge

It's not. The problem with the PS3 D-Pad is mostly that it takes forever to break in properly, and it's much too stiff until you do so.

Not at all on the same level as "So bad you can't navigate menus with it" 360 controller.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not. The problem with the PS3 D-Pad is mostly that it takes forever to break in properly, and it's much too stiff until you do so.

Not at all on the same level as "So bad you can't navigate menus with it" 360 controller.

Okay, I can agree with that. Was playing some Blazblue and UMvC3 with a few friends not too long back and my friend let me use his new ds3 controller and it felt so weird to the blue controller I've been using for 2 years now XD

I can't stand the PS3 controller. Not comfortable to hold and it has very awkward stick placement too. Sans the crappy D-Pad, the 360 one is practically perfect. I'm just looking forward to trying out the Pro Controller to see if it's any better.

Thanks to Mollfie working at GAME we got our Wii U today! Playing with it now... Unfortunately the only game they had is ZombiU and I don’t want that to be my first game played so I’m holding out. Most stuff is unusable without a system update which apparently has not been released yet… curses. No eShop to try and just download NintendoLand/NSMBU either. Ah well, I hadn’t finished my NSMB 1/2/Wii marathon yet anyway. =U Molly says they should be getting games in tomorrow. Still, am enjoying my Miis in HD wandering around the menu. We have animu hair shine now. 8D <3

• Thumbs Up 1

PS3 has the best "normal" D-Pad of the gen! Which says a lot about how bad controllers this gen have been in general.. I like the dualshock and its d-pads are never awful, but I'm gonna be really glad to have a console with a really good D-Pad to play fighting games on now.

I actually really like the brick color ones. It's got the Famicom color scheme, pretty much my favorite "retro" color scheme. Last time they homaged that I think was with a super cool GBA SP limited run that was in Japan.

Honestly, I would have preferred having that design. It wouldn't have fit as well on the shelf as my Wii does right now but I think it's slick as hell. Tingles my nostalgia bone kind of.

But....but..

stamp.jpg

*remembers that no one remembers the Micro*

• Thumbs Up 3

Forgot to mention that I went into HMV earlier and they had a Wii U pod set up, too. Like the pod in GAME, it only had Rayman Legends as a playable demo, but with the wife away at work, I got to have longer with it this time around. Swapped the default character to Rayman and played both playable levels. Didn't get to finish the level with the tilting puzzles, though, because I was still dying after a few tries at them and a couple were waiting to play. Really enjoyed everything I played and can't wait for the full game.

But....but..

stamp.jpg

*remembers that no one remembers the Micro*

Completely forgot about that one. I stand corrected.

Also I really want this now.

PS3 has the best "normal" D-Pad of the gen! Which says a lot about how bad controllers this gen have been in general.. I like the dualshock and its d-pads are never awful, but I'm gonna be really glad to have a console with a really good D-Pad to play fighting games on now.

This might just be me here speaking but with the unhealthy amount of Virtual Console and DKC I've been playing on my Wii lately it's insane how good the Classic Controller's D-Pad feels. Like, I seriously think this is the most underrated D-Pad of all time. It's so fucking good - it rectifies the one thing that felt a bit stale about the SNES' design and it's a blast to use.

I hope to god the Wii U's D-Pad feels as good as that.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t501640

It appears there are now some listings at online retailers for Yoshi's Land for Wii U, and they provide a brief (albeit extremely generic) snippet of the game...I'm buying this as fact, when normally I don't trust in these sort of rumors but I made my case for why I support this earlier in this topic.

This might just be me here speaking but with the unhealthy amount of Virtual Console and DKC I've been playing on my Wii lately it's insane how good the Classic Controller's D-Pad feels. Like, I seriously think this is the most underrated D-Pad of all time. It's so fucking good - it rectifies the one thing that felt a bit stale about the SNES' design and it's a blast to use.

I hope to god the Wii U's D-Pad feels as good as that.

I never got to use it much since I never found the CC that comfy when I could use the GC controller as an alternative (winner of worst D-Pad ever award ironically)

But yeah from what I've played the Gamepad's D-Pad is brilliant, better than any current-gen D-Pad for sure.

http://www.neogaf.co...ead.php?t501640

It appears there are now some listings at online retailers for Yoshi's Land for Wii U, and they provide a brief (albeit extremely generic) snippet of the game...I'm buying this as fact, when normally I don't trust in these sort of rumors but I made my case for why I support this earlier in this topic.

Ohh shit son.

Gonna remain sceptical until the fat reggie sings.

http://www.neogaf.co...ead.php?t501640

Link doesn't work.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=501640

Best Buy Canada

Take Yoshi on an epic adventure to remember in Yoshi Land for Nintendo Wii U. Check out Yoshi as you've never seen him before: in glorious high definition. Enjoy dual-screen control thanks to the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad, while you'll also be able to experience full integration with Nintendo's MiiVerse service.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/nintendo-wii-yoshi-s-land-nintendo-wii-u-400100624975/10233565.aspx?path=e4768593576af6e744f8febb6da02aa8en02

Future Shop

Join everyone's favourite dinosaur in his first big starring role on Nintendo Wii U - Yoshi's Land. Utilise the power of the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad to enjoy dual-screen fun in this epic adventure with stunning HD graphics and connectivity with the MiiVerse.

http://m.futureshop.ca/defaultpage.aspx?lang=en#/catalog/productdetails.aspx?ajax=true&sku=10233565&lang=en-CA

Dumb question. Has anyone tried playing Smash Bros Brawl on the Wii U yet? Just want to know how it feels on the controllers.