Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

The White Basic pack is the one that's currently selling out the most here in the UK so far.

Not in the US. People are frequently finding that the Basic Model is the only one that's found outside of pre-orders in any capacity, and a lot of retailers are listing Premium as the top pre-ordered model all around.

512MB.

So a basic white WiiU has way more memory than that to begin with, plus can work with external HDDs unlike the Wii.

I can understand their angle with the Basic WiiU tbh, even if it's not for me.

So a basic white WiiU has way more memory than that to begin with, plus can work with external HDDs unlike the Wii.

Bare in mind it's still only 6 times more, than the Wii, and considering they are pushing the idea of downloading stuff far more than 6 times the amount they were on the Wii... yeah.

I guess though, people who are poor enough to want the Basic set are the same people who will generally buy pre-owned games and trade them in again when they're done to get new ones, so... yeah I guess permanent full RRP downloads aren't gonna be grabbing them much anyway.

I think people get the fact that the basic has less memory.

But the point is that the Deluxe value is already making the basic overpriced. The SAME "casual" will buy Nintendo land for 60 dollars. Basic + NL = $360 vs Deluxe + NL = $350.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think people get the fact that the basic has less memory.

But the point is that the Deluxe value is already making the basic overpriced. The SAME "casual" will buy Nintendo land for 60 dollars. Basic + NL = $360 vs Deluxe + NL = $350.

And zis is how we make money from dumb casual players.

I confess, if I were a business... I prolly would do the same.

Oh WOW,

So it turns out, the Gamepad IS 3D Capable

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-22-wii-u-gamepad-is-3d-capable-in-assassins-creed-3?

The Wii U GamePad can display 3D images in Assassin's Creed 3, a new report has revealed.

Ubisoft's stealthy history-'em-up allows players to choose a stereoscopy setting on the GamePad, allowing for 3D display when you don a pair of snazzy green and magenta 3D specs.

The stereoscopy setting allows for the usual side-by-side or top-bottom options, Imgmr reports. You can also alter 3D strength on a scale of 0-10.

This anaglyph 3D effect is capable on any colour screen, but its the first time we've heard of its inclusion on the Wii U.

Nintendo's last hardware offering, the 3DS, boasted a glasses-free autostereoscopic option. Recent marketing has largely ignored the feature, and instead focused on the system's overall power and software library.

qwjTQ.jpg

It may not be 3D Glasses free like the 3DS, but it's still pretty cool.

Also the updates for the games on the Wii-U, are BIG

• Nintendo Land: 221MB
  • ZombiU: 18MB
  • New Super Mario Bros U: 29MB
  • Video Streaming Apps: 35-45MB each

Edited by Mike Dawson
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh WOW,

So it turns out, the Gamepad IS 3D Capable

http://www.eurogamer...assins-creed-3?

*snip*

It may not be 3D Glasses free like the 3DS, but it's still pretty cool.

Also the updates for the games on the Wii-U, are BIG

Wow, what gives for file sizes like that? They'll eat up the basic disk space pretty quickly. The 3D business is pretty cool though. The screen may not have particularly good definition, but it's certainly going to be cool to try that out.

Edited by Blue Blood

Well, for Black Friday and all that stuff, Old Navy has a giveaway and one other thing. Let's see. Come early, and apparently you get a free copy of New Super Mario Bros. U with a 40$+ purchase. The actual giveaway, is 1000 Basic Wii Us. Probably going to check this out.

How on Earth have they not confirmed a price yet? There's only a week to go.

I know, it's crazy :-/ I went with them because they usually do good deals on consoles. They also price match and knock 10% off the difference. Just wish they would get themselves organised.

• Thumbs Up 1

If no one is beat on getting an actual hard drive, a SD card with a usb adapter will sort of fix this. Not sure about the overall performance but it's usable. Edited by Jetronic

I know, it's crazy :-/ I went with them because they usually do good deals on consoles. They also price match and knock 10% off the difference. Just wish they would get themselves organised.

Well fingers crossed it pays off for you then. You could potentially be getting a very good price. It's just, I was reading up about Curry's and pre-orders with them have to be placed week before a product launches. So their pre-order will be closed now and they still haven't got a price. It's pretty poor.

EDIT: Okay, Wii U order completely settled now. I had another 10% off voucher for Zavvi, which I used to get a Pro Controller and NSMBU for only £65. :D

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well fingers crossed it pays off for you then. You could potentially be getting a very good price. It's just, I was reading up about Curry's and pre-orders with them have to be placed week before a product launches. So their pre-order will be closed now and they still haven't got a price. It's pretty poor.

EDIT: Okay, Wii U order completely settled now. I had another 10% off voucher for Zavvi, which I used to get a Pro Controller and NSMBU for only £65. biggrin.png

Thanks. Woah, that is pretty damn poor of Currys. It's no wonder I saw so many complaints directed at their Twitter feed about various things this evening. That's great about the bargain deal you're getting on everything :D

Can anyone else check their gamepad for me?

Put your thumb in the middle of your Gamepad, and apply pressure. Does it sort of have a rubber effect of being "bouncy? My friend accidentally put her palm on my gamepad while trying to stand up...

My DSi has the same effect of being bouncy but I want to make sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the whole of the GamePad is glossy and has this massive touch screen slap-bang in the middle of it. I'm worried it's gonna get scratched up pretty pad. Are there any good cases or covers for the whole thing, or should I just get a GamePad accessory kit?

By the way, the freezing problems with Nintendo Land are confirmed to be from Nintendo Land not reading Miiverse properly if it's set to accept all Language posts. Set it to English Only and it stops freezing, Nintendo says a patch is expected for Wii U and Nintendo Land soon.

So the whole of the GamePad is glossy and has this massive touch screen slap-bang in the middle of it. I'm worried it's gonna get scratched up pretty pad. Are there any good cases or covers for the whole thing, or should I just get a GamePad accessory kit?

PDP makes an excellent silicone case for the gamepad that covers almost the entire thing and leaves slots for the adapters and shit. Hori is also selling Wii U screen protectors. It'll cost you about $20 but it is completely worth it.

The gamepad cases also come in 4 different colors :D

So I'm setting up the console and am at the hours-long update. Everything's going smoothly so far. I'm itchin' to see everything but won't be playing Nintendo Land until Christmas (just doing the update now so my siblings won't need to wait) so ghjhghj

I gotta say, I find it pretty inconvenient that the Wii U gamepad uses a separate AC adapter. Wouldn't it have made more sense to design something that plugs into the console? It's especially problematic for our family because we have an old house that doesn't have many power sockets.

Guess I should get more power strips before Christmas.

I can barely connect online.. I keep getting error codes and stuff. :/

In other news, the Wii may be getting a Wii Mini edition!

Hm. I don't see why not. They already released a slightly redesigned Wii over here in Europe. It's not smaller, but it's only designed to lay on it's side and doesn't play GCN games.