Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

If you ask me almost all the fuck ups were entirely plot related.

If the gameplay was a little less linear, used an analogue stick, and had no daft first person mode it would be great.

(only minor fuck-ups there)

• Thumbs Up 4

Does anyone know if there are "screen-related issues" like with the 3DS? What I mean is that would it be wise to invest in some sort of screen protector for the Wii U ( if one is even available)?

There's a screen protector. Screen should be fine if you're careful but, if you want the extra protection they're available. I think HORI makes them but, I'm not sure.

Nintendo still recognizes it was a fuck up considering they actually asked players "what went wrong with it".

To be fair, I'm sure they expected Other M to be a Mario Galaxy in terms of quality.

Nintendo still recognizes it was a fuck up considering they actually asked players "what went wrong with it".

If I recall that situation correctly, that was less of a "What didn't you like about it?" and more of a "Why didn't you buy this great game?"

Why would a single mediocre game kill one of Nintendo's biggest franchises

Going by that logic sonic should've been dead by the time the Saturn released

It's still a dangerous line to be tread.

Samus is a very iconic character, but remember, most of her popularity and star power is almost entirely reliant on America at this point. Other M was meant to get casuals and Japanese people into Metroid, while riding on really high hope for Nintendo. So if a fuck up happens again then Metroid could certainly go the way of Star Fox.

Remember, Metroid games rarely scratch above 2 mil.

• Thumbs Up 1

The craziest Wii U unboxing video yet:

Hey, he sounds familiar.

*clicks link*

Yup, it's Nova.

Another UK price and availability update:

GAME

-

Black Premium £309.99

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U Pro Controller £349.99

Lots of other bundles available for various prices, too.

Amazon

White Basic £248.00

Black Premium £299.99

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U Pro Controller £329.99

Simply Games

White Basic £249.99

Black Premium £299.99

-

Play

White Basic £259.99

Black Premium £309.99

-

HMV

-

Black Premium £299.99

Blockbuster

White Basic £249.99

Black Premium £299.99

-

Tesco

White Basic £248.00

Black Premium £299.00

-

Sainsbury's

-

-

-

The Hut

White Basic £249.99

-

-

Black Premium (Includes Just Dance 4 and Sports Connection) £399.99

Zavvi

White Basic £249.95

-

-

ShopTo

-

-

-

Lots of bundles at various prices.

Toys R Us

White Basic: £254.99

Black Premium: £309.99

John Lewis

-

-

-

Grainger Games

-

-

-

Base

-

-

-

DVD

-

-

-

101CD

-

-

-

BlahDVD

-

-

-

GameStop

White Basic £249.97

Black Premium £299.97

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U pro Controller £329.97

Very

White Basic £259.00

Black Premium £309.00

-

Lots of various bundles also available.

Littlewoods

White Basic £329.00 From £3.23 per week

Black Premium £399.00 From £3.92 per week

-

Woolworths

-

Black Premium £309.00

-

Argos

-

-

-

Cool Shop

-

-

-

Game Seek

-

-

-

ASDA

White Basic £249.00

-

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U pro Controller £339.00

Smyths Toys

White Basic £259.99

Black Premium £309.99

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U pro Controller £349.99

Propel Gamer

-

-

-

As we get closer to launch, it looks like the system is selling out in a lot of places. Some places are also cashing in with expensive bundles, too.

If you post any more availability things, you should probably spoiler them. It'll make scrolling through the thread easier (especially with the constant blank spaces).

TOYS R US GIVE ME MY WII U ALREADY >:(

And going by your logic we also should have had a new Starfox game a long time ago

Which was your logic in the first place

EDIT: Also I might be getting a Wii U on Friday. Sam's Club, don't let me down.

Edited by Cola

Another UK price and availability update:

GAME

-

Black Premium £309.99

Lots of other bundles available for various prices, too.

Amazon

White Basic £248.00

Black Premium £299.99

Simply Games

White Basic £249.99

Black Premium £299.99

-

Play

White Basic £259.99

Black Premium £309.99

-

HMV

-

Black Premium £299.99

Blockbuster

White Basic £249.99

Black Premium £299.99

-

Tesco

White Basic £248.00

Black Premium £299.00

-

Sainsbury's

-

-

-

The Hut

White Basic £249.99

-

-

Black Premium (Includes Just Dance 4 and Sports Connection) £399.99

Zavvi

White Basic £249.95

-

-

ShopTo

-

-

-

Lots of bundles at various prices.

Toys R Us

White Basic: £254.99

Black Premium: £309.99

John Lewis

-

-

-

Grainger Games

-

-

-

Base

-

-

-

DVD

-

-

-

101CD

-

-

-

BlahDVD

-

-

-

GameStop

White Basic £249.97

Black Premium £299.97

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U pro Controller £329.97

Very

White Basic £259.00

Black Premium £309.00

-

Littlewoods

White Basic £329.00 From £3.23 per week

Black Premium £399.00 From £3.92 per week

-

Woolworths

-

Black Premium £309.00

-

Argos

-

-

-

Cool Shop

-

-

-

Game Seek

-

-

-

ASDA

White Basic £249.00

-

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U pro Controller £339.00

Smyths Toys

White Basic £259.99

Black Premium £309.99

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U pro Controller £349.99

Propel Gamer

-

-

-

As we get closer to launch, it looks like the system is selling out in a lot of places. Some places are also cashing in with expensive bundles, too.

Spoke to Zavvi on the phone today. Annoyingly I can't change the card I've used to order, so I'm paying an extra £7 or so quid. But it's still the best deal around. It's only £269 for the Premium pack, which is a cool £30 to £40 less than everywhere else. So I'm proper happy about that. And they said I would be getting it in time for release day too biggrin.pngI can't believe so many places are charging upwards of £300 for the premium. Well, maybe now that it's starting to sell out with only 10 days I can understand it, but others have been charging that from the get go. It's monstrous.

Now I'm just hoping GAME phone me up like they did with the 3DS. When they did then, I bullshitted saying Amazon had given me a better deal, which GAME then beat. So if they do that for the U, since I had an order with them and cancelled it, I'll be lolling til the cows come home cause no matter what I've got a great price. biggrin.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Spoke to Zavvi on the phone today. Annoyingly I can't change the card I've used to order, so I'm paying an extra £7 or so quid. But it's still the best deal around. It's only £269 for the Premium pack, which is a cool £30 to £40 less than everywhere else. So I'm proper happy about that.

Whatttt! I ordered mine from Zavvi super early and mine's £275, did you catch it even cheaper than I did? TwT

super jealous man.

(((Happy Birthday btw

;) )))

Have you guys played Nintendo Land yet? It is an EXTREMELY legit game, especially if you have friends to play it with. There's tons of things to do in each of the little games, and they're massively fun and mostly innovative. Zelda, Metroid, and Pikmin, especially, are all EPIC.

Don't believe all the BAAAAAAAW THIS GAME IS JUST WII SPORTS. At least give it a rent. It's a top-notch game with top-notch graphics and top-notch music. Also the park guide is hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoke to Zavvi on the phone today. Annoyingly I can't change the card I've used to order, so I'm paying an extra £7 or so quid. But it's still the best deal around. It's only £269 for the Premium pack, which is a cool £30 to £40 less than everywhere else. So I'm proper happy about that. And they said I would be getting it in time for release day too biggrin.pngI can't believe so many places are charging upwards of £300 for the premium. Well, maybe now that it's starting to sell out with only 10 days I can understand it, but others have been charging that from the get go. It's monstrous.

Now I'm just hoping GAME phone me up like they did with the 3DS. When they did then, I bullshitted saying Amazon had given me a better deal, which they then beat. So if they do that for the U, since I had an order with them and cancelled it, I'll be lolling til the cows come home cause no matter what I've got a great price. biggrin.png

Awesome! Bargain!

I'd just like to know what price Currys PC World (where I've pre-ordered) is doing for the Premium pack, so when I'm paid next Thursday I'll know if I can afford it or not. They didn't know when I pre-ordered back in September and after going in today, they couldn't tell me then either. Might drop by tomorrow and ask a different staff member, since the woman I spoke to today didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about despite being behind their 'KnowHow' desk. She didn't even look on the computer or anything.

Whatttt! I ordered mine from Zavvi super early and mine's £275, did you catch it even cheaper than I did? TwT

super jealous man.

(((Happy Birthday btw

wink.png )))

Mine's £275 as well. But I've never ordered from Zavvi before, so I found a first order discount code and got a further 5% off to take the price down to £261.24 (protip: HotUKDeals told me about it). It's my old pre-paid credit card that adds the extra 2% or so, making it up to £269. And Zavvi won't let me change the card details to my new one so I have to lump it. Still though, hot damn it's a bargain because it's still cheaper than the already great offer of £275 you caught on to too. It was a Mega Monday deal, wasn't it? I can't believe it didn't sell out instantaneously.

And cheers, btw

biggrin.png

Have you guys played Nintendo Land yet? It is an EXTREMELY legit game.

It's legit? Thank God. I was worried it might be a bastard child or something.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 6