Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Have you guys played Nintendo Land yet? It is an EXTREMELY legit game, especially if you have friends to play it with. There's tons of things to do in each of the little games, and they're massively fun and mostly innovative. Zelda, Metroid, and Pikmin, especially, are all EPIC.

Don't believe all the BAAAAAAAW THIS GAME IS JUST WII SPORTS. At least give it a rent. It's a top-notch game with top-notch graphics and top-notch music. Also the park guide is hilarious.

Good to know! If everything works out, I'll be getting my deluxe set Friday, then having a couple of friends over Saturday for some Nintendo Land

• Thumbs Up 1

I still need to play Nintendo Land. I have so many other Launch titles that it kind of went off to the side. I'll have to do single player mode first but, I figure my brother and a friend of mine wouldn't mind giving games like Luigi's Ghost Mansion and Metroid Battle Chase a try.

I played a bunch of Nintendo Land. I really like it! Though I think the Luigi and Animal Crossing games are a lot more fun than most of the others. They have the best multiplayer dynamic. The Pikmin one has great boss fights, and the Donkey Kong one is really addicting and challenging.

Also the park guide is hilarious.

That's one thing I'ma have to disagree on. Monita annoys the SHIT out of me. She's like Fi from Skyward Sword.

By the way, just a heads up. For some reason, when adding a friend from the friends list you need their name and they need yours. However, if you search for them through Miiverse you can send a Friend Request that works exactly like in every other thing ever.

I was wondering to those who have a Wii U in here, whats your Nintendo ID's so I can start registering people from here o:

Mines: SamusTheHunter message me if you added me so I can add ya! Or say it here doesn't matter either o:

My Nintendo Network ID is, unsurprisingly, SonicHOG.

I'm starting to add people from here as well (I already sent a request to King Of Awesome)

Edited by SonHOG

I was wondering to those who have a Wii U in here, whats your Nintendo ID's so I can start registering people from here o:

Mines: SamusTheHunter message me if you added me so I can add ya! Or say it here doesn't matter either o:

"Canderson" just like my username here.

I guess I can start adding people in the coming days.

Stupidly, I didn't preorder the console. Thankfully, I put my name on my nearest Gamestop's wait list and I went home tonight with an unclaimed Deluxe Wii U. It felt like a miracle.

...Unfortunately, we're saving it for Christmas since it's all my younger brother is talking about, he wants nothing else. And we're hiding it in my room so he won't ever find it.

These next 34 days are gonna be hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like the Wii U pre-orders are finally starting to sell out here in the UK as well, based on this tweet from the Colchester branch of GAME:

WiiU Black or White machines sold out for lauch date BUT we are now taking PHASE 2 deposits [2nd phase approx Dec 15th tbc]

Got my Wii U today and I gotta say, I'm having a blast. Wii U System Update is a lot of fun. I've been playing for about seven hours now, and ran into six errors, and I even have a good connection. People that say Nintendo games are too easy are just silly!

Seriously. Fuck this shit...

High levels of sarcasm detected.

It's two to three days since launch now and a Weds, so I would have thought the stress on servers would have died down considerably and you'd not have a problem. I wonder what's going on.

Looks like the Wii U pre-orders are finally starting to sell out here in the UK as well, based on this tweet from the Colchester branch of GAME:

People haven't been shopping around then.

Edited by Blue Blood

They are starting to sell out, yeah. I posted a price and availability update for online retailers on the last page and a lot of places have sold out.

Another UK price and availability update:

GAME

-

Black Premium £309.99

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U Pro Controller £349.99

Lots of other bundles available for various prices, too.

Amazon

White Basic £248.00

Black Premium £299.99

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U Pro Controller £329.99

Simply Games

White Basic £249.99

Black Premium £299.99

-

Play

White Basic £259.99

Black Premium £309.99

-

HMV

-

Black Premium £299.99

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U Pro Controller £329.99

Blockbuster

White Basic £249.99

Black Premium £299.99

-

Tesco

White Basic £248.00

Black Premium £299.00

-

Sainsbury's

-

-

-

The Hut

White Basic £249.99

-

-

Black Premium (Includes Just Dance 4 and Sports Connection) £399.99

Zavvi

White Basic £249.95

-

-

ShopTo

-

-

-

Lots of bundles at various prices.

Toys R Us

White Basic: £254.99

Black Premium: £309.99

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U Pro Controller £349.99

John Lewis

-

-

-

Grainger Games

-

-

-

Base

-

-

-

DVD

-

-

-

101CD

-

-

-

BlahDVD

-

-

-

GameStop

White Basic £249.97

Black Premium £299.97

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U pro Controller £329.97

Very

White Basic £259.00

Black Premium £309.00

-

Lots of various bundles also available.

Littlewoods

White Basic £329.00 From £3.23 per week

Black Premium £399.00 From £3.92 per week

-

Woolworths

-

Black Premium £309.00

-

Argos

-

-

-

Cool Shop

-

-

-

Game Seek

-

-

-

ASDA

White Basic £249.00

-

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U pro Controller £339.00

Smyths Toys

White Basic £259.99

Black Premium £309.99

Black Premium with ZombiU + Wii U pro Controller £349.99

Propel Gamer

-

-

-

As we get closer to launch, it looks like the system is selling out in a lot of places. Some places are also cashing in with expensive bundles, too.

Yeah the top videogame retailer here finally went out and listed the Premium Edition as fully booked. They're not expecting additional pre-orders to open until a full week after launch.

Sitting strong on my day-one pre-order. Convenience definitely pays off.

I've been playing Mario U. It's a great game. I haven't tried Nintendoland yet, but I'm also in the middle of downloading Transformed!

All I've got to say is that there are a lot of really talented and hilarious people using Mii-verse.

All I've got to say is that there are a lot of really talented and hilarious people using Mii-verse.

What do you mean?

Stupidly, I didn't preorder the console. Thankfully, I put my name on my nearest Gamestop's wait list and I went home tonight with an unclaimed Deluxe Wii U. It felt like a miracle.

...Unfortunately, we're saving it for Christmas since it's all my younger brother is talking about, he wants nothing else. And we're hiding it in my room so he won't ever find it.

These next 34 days are gonna be hard.

You might want to consider pre-updating it, since the update is a pretty long wait - even for me! (Mine was two hours long.) I'm going to recommend that to my brother - whether he unveils the thing for Christmas or earlier, that he not tell the nieces he's got it until it's actually ready to go. They're between four and ten, and I know I'd have died during a two-hour wait at that age for something so important. (Or if I didn't, I'd have made my elders feel like killing me!) At least the Colecovision only required a few cords plugged in and it was ready to go.

You might want to consider pre-updating it, since the update is a pretty long wait - even for me! (Mine was two hours long.) I'm going to recommend that to my brother - whether he unveils the thing for Christmas or earlier, that he not tell the nieces he's got it until it's actually ready to go. They're between four and ten, and I know I'd have died during a two-hour wait at that age for something so important. (Or if I didn't, I'd have made my elders feel like killing me!) At least the Colecovision only required a few cords plugged in and it was ready to go.

Thanks, I was actually considering that.

I haven't been paying terribly too much attention to the Wii U launch, but is it true that the slow update speed has to do with stress on Nintendo's servers? Is there a chance that it won't be as bad come Xmas day?

No specific knowlege about server stress but it seems logical. If I had to pick a time, perhaps mid-December? I'd expect Christmas Day to be fully as bad as the release days because a lot of the units will only be unboxed then, if they were bought as gifts.

My Nintendo ID is Thrippa, I think. I can't find anywhere that it tells me where to find out, but if I search for that name I find me. I can change my password, Mii, and other info, but there's nowhere I can find that says 'Nintendo ID - '. It also took me a while to work out that the electronic manual is on the home menu. Nintendoland, Epic Mickey, and the Miiverse all directed me to the 'Wii U electronic manual' and I hunted through System Settings, Health and Safety, and various other areas trying to find the silly thing. Just press 'Home'.

BTW, Hulu Plus is now out.

• Thumbs Up 1

What do you mean?

Baroque penises everywhere, I'd guess.

I haven't been paying terribly too much attention to the Wii U launch, but is it true that the slow update speed has to do with stress on Nintendo's servers? Is there a chance that it won't be as bad come Xmas day?

It's a whole 1GB to download from a hammered server and then you gotta install it (and by "it" we're talking about the entire OS here) on a system that isn't really as fast as it should be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember the filesize of the upgrade being revealed somewhere, it's not huge or 5GB like some people suggested, it's actually closer to 1GB.

The wait is most likely due to huge server strain yep.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the update is a lot smaller than initially thought, and I think that there's about 5GB of the harddrives set aside for things like updates and whatnot.

• Thumbs Up 1