Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Emerald Hill isn't simply just a grass level. Titanic Plain also qualifies as a grass level, but no one's ever going to confuse it with Green Hill. There's overwhelming similarities between GHZ and EHZ, from the actual tropical environment to the color schemes and reused patterns to their very names, that there would naturally be wasted potential in using them both back to back. This simply isn't the same for Chemical Plant and Hydrocity. I agree, they are water-based highway levels, but everything else about them-- from their level specific gimmicks to their secondary tropes (factory versus ruins) to their color schemes-- is different enough to warrant they both be included.

I will have Hydrocity revived in this friggin' game, goddammit, your logic be damned-ed-ed. >:(

What kind of level is Chemical Plant anyway? Is it right to call it a water later?

Edited by Tatsumaki

What kind of level is Chemical Plant anyway? Is it right to call it a water later?

Sky Sanctuary.

Hidden Palace.

Edited by Tatsumaki

Something else just occurred to me. What if there is Sonic CD representation? Would it come before of after Sonic 2? If before Sonic 2, which Sonic CD stage would they use, and which Sonic 2 stage would they use to follow the Sonic CD one?

@ Blue Blood: If Hydrocity is relegated to the 3DS version, someone's losing their life. And it doesn't even matter who it is. That person may not have had anything to do with the making of Generations. But human sacrifice is the only retribution that could possibly make up for such a mistake. Two lives if Hydrocity is trumped by Ice Cap. dry.gif

Something else just occurred to me. What if there is Sonic CD representation? Would it come before of after Sonic 2? If before Sonic 2, which Sonic CD stage would they use, and which Sonic 2 stage would they use to follow the Sonic CD one?

I don't think the levels will be arranged by the year of release. That's far too limiting.

The problem is, there's too many good levels to choose from, yet so many are similar to each other. When I come to think of it, the Zones-palette SEGA's got for Sonic Generations is more limited that what I thought it was.

I think Sonic CD would come before Sonic 2 because Sonic 2 is directly followed by Sonic 3 & Knuckles. If Stardust Speedway represents Sonic CD, I guess there would be no problem following it up with Sonic 2's Chemical Plant.

Who says Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles will be treated as one game? I'm pretty sure they'll each get a stage. :|a

Sky Sanctuary.

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

Believe me, I want to see Hydrocity more than you do. It's half likely too since a new design already exists for Jawz. But something tells me it's going to be trumped by the even more popular Ice Cap on consoles, and possibly even Launch Base on 3DS (here's hoping bosses and zones are separate). Heck if that list is to be believed (and honestly, I'm not sure whether to believe it or not) then all S3K stages have been trumped simply by one stage.

Gragh, this is what troubles me so. Ice Cap's most notable gimmick is fulfilled by City Escape already, so what else can it really offer on its own sans being the obligatory snow level?

And I thought even Trunks himself confirmed the list to be fake. All the fervor about it just completely died off that very night.

Edited by Blue Blood

Gragh, this is what troubles me so. Ice Cap's most notable gimmick is fulfilled by City Escape already, so what else can it really offer on its own sans being the obligatory snow level?

Edited by Tatsumaki

On second thought, I'd be up for Hyrdocity Zone to represent Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Chemical Plant Zone doesn't have enough water sections to be considered a full blown water level.

I'd be fine with Lava Reef Zone too, but then that would mean no Red Mountain for Sonic Adventure.

Yeah it's another GHZ video but it takes a different path somewhere near the beginning of the stage. But the BG music was kicking ass. Was Sonic Boom basically a club/concert/party with game demos?

...Green Hill Zone still has many more places still? WOW!

Fucking adore this game!

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay okay okay okay...

I've read about half the topic and I got tired at some point and read some pages in last and....

SEGA... I love you...

Now if only we could get Speed Highway with a G.U.N. army copter chasing down Sonic while running down a building, wouln'd it be tottally epic?

Dodge the obstacles, dodge the gun bullets and missiles and dodge the pillars of the building to finish of by quickly getting away of the building because of the explosion of the copter when he ran into the pillars?

Oh, I didn't check all the post so sorry if it's already been noticed but was I the only one noticing a Chao following C. Sonic for a while after he got the skateboard?

If they use Adventure's Ice cap, Sonic could be chased by that giant ball of snow, but yellow this time.

Sonic would be so pissed.

• Thumbs Up 6

Now if only we could get Speed Highway with a G.U.N. army copter chasing down Sonic while running down a building, wouln'd it be tottally epic?

Dodge the obstacles, dodge the gun bullets and missiles and dodge the pillars of the building to finish of by quickly getting away of the building because of the explosion of the copter when he ran into the pillars?

Rooftop Run will have a chase sequence with either the Aero Chasers, Interceptor or both. No more, please.

Oh, I didn't check all the post so sorry if it's already been noticed but was I the only one noticing a Chao following C. Sonic for a while after he got the skateboard?

It's Omochao. I'm sure I read someone's impression over at Retro that said he was in GHZ too. Hint character. At least it's not like in Unleashed and Colours where the gameplay stops when you hit a hint icon.