Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Egg fleet or frog forest for me for Heroes stages. NO SEASIDE HILL! If they add that i will post a rant and while i do that will do this:angryman.gif?t=1279799523

Edited by dudehedgehogfan1996

I love Aaron with his playful responses! :D

He's always answering that way in the Sega forums too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I read that more as "which shields do you mean?". It was a playful response.
  • Thumbs Up 4

I think he just said that for the lulz.

I can tell ya: by just reading "what shields?", it sounded bad. It scared me. Not. Kidding.

Either way, I can live without shields in a Sonic game. Even if they're cool and all that.

It ought to make the game harder, as you won't be able to collect rings as easily, nor will you be protected by hits from Badniks and bosses.

But again, I doubt that Shields will be absent in the game.

I mean, Shields were in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode One, a game made by DIMPS. C'mon.

I think he just said that for the lulz.

I can tell ya: by just reading "what shields?", it sounded bad. It scared me. Not. Kidding.

Either way, I can live without shields in a Sonic game. Even if they're cool and all that.

It ought to make the game harder, as you won't be able to collect rings as easily, nor will you be protected by hits from Badniks and bosses.

But again, I doubt that Shields will be absent in the game.

I mean, Shields were in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode One, a game made by DIMPS. C'mon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jeez, will you tone it down with the massive font? Its starting to get a little annoying.

Also, Partick Riley mentioned area-specific power-ups or something in the IGN stream. Classic will probably get these via monitors

Yea but Destructiod is well known for rating amazing games low scores. Like for example they rated LittleBigPlanet 2 at 7.0. WTF

Jeez, will you tone it down with the massive font? Its starting to get a little annoying.

Also, Partick Riley mentioned area-specific power-ups or something in the IGN stream. Classic will probably get these via monitors

Edited by Tatsumaki

Interesting. So he apparently forgot about Unleashed and colours. Seems like he could have cared less about the 3DS version of the game too. Nice to see another positive preview about this game.

Edited by Tatsumaki

I have this strange feeling that if Ice Cap makes an appearance in Generations, classic mode is gonna take influences from S3K's ICZ, while modern takes influences from SA1's.

I know that's a bit random and out of nowhere, but reading Tatsumaki's post from the top of the page made me start to think on that.

I have this strange feeling that if Ice Cap makes an appearance in Generations, classic mode is gonna take influences from S3K's ICZ, while modern takes influences from SA1's.

I know that's a bit random and out of nowhere, but reading Tatsumaki's post from the top of the page made me start to think on that.

0.o No words...

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

Multiple stage references would be ideal. GHZ already did it with EHZ's corkscrews. You could mix similar tropes. For Example, Lava Reef could include those horizontal monkey bars, and giant hammers from Red Mountain. It's easy to do, and will be a nice nod to a stage that couldn't make it in.

I think the stages Sonic Team picks for this game should depend on the trope. They can't choose Emerald Hill Zone to represent Sonic 2 because that's a grass level like Green Hill Zone. It would feel redundant to have a grass level follow another grass level. That's why I think Chemical Plant or some other non-grass level will represent Sonic 2.

The stage they choose to represent Sonic Adventure should depend on what stage they choose for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which should also depend on what stage they choose for Sonic 2. If Chemical Plant represents Sonic 2, then a non-water level should represent Sonic 3 & Knuckles (sorry Hydrocity Zone). Then whatever they pick for Sonic Adventure should depend on what stage they choose for Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Edited by Preston
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the stages Sonic Team picks for this game should depend on the trope. They can't choose Emerald Hill Zone to represent Sonic 2 because that's a grass level like Green Hill Zone. It would feel redundant to have a grass level follow another grass level. That's why I think Chemical Plant or some other non-grass level will represent Sonic 2.

The stage they choose to represent Sonic Adventure should depend on what stage they choose for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which should also depend on what stage they choose for Sonic 2. If Chemical Plant represents Sonic 2, then a non-water level should represent Sonic 3 & Knuckles (sorry Hydrocity Zone). Then whatever they pick for Sonic Adventure should depend on what stage they choose for Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Not if they choose Carnival Night Zone to represent Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Then they would have to pick a non-carnival or non-amusement park level.

Edited by Tatsumaki

Well, the only Sonic Adventure stage that is in no way similar to any of the ones we've seen would be Windy Valley, I suppose.