Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Guys stop talking about the goddamn roof tree. We talked so much about Sonic's derp face in the Unleashed intro they changed it. If I get this game at the end of the year and they've removed the roof tree because everyone wouldn't shut up about it I'm going to cry and it'll be all your faults.

Quote of the year. All it needs is a "I'm serious ;-;" for comedic effect.

They should keep the roof tree because the roof tree is rebellious. It goes beyond the impossible and kicks reason to the curb.

• Thumbs Up 1

palm_tree.jpg

Now THIS is what I call a tree. This happens to be the first piece of artwork shown for Sonic 4, back when it was still referred to as Project Needlemouse. This tree single-handedly sparked my interest in the game, and gave me hope that we were in for something special.

Actually! The crab badnik was the first, if I recall. I know, cause I posted the crab cycle image right after everyone started cussing about it. =D

Also, funny how Dimps is messing up the game engines they make so much, when they were the ones whom made Sonic Advance, which is probably the closest 'new' game to have the classic physics. Someone should tell them to just reuse the source code from Sonic Advance for this stuff.

Anyway! City Escape looks awesome! I called it being in the game ever since the singer guy said he was remixing the song for SEGA for something. Also, all the little references are nice. Maybe we'll finally get to watch Chao in Space 2! Cream DOES have dialogue in this game, after all. xD Inb4 it's a 10 minute short film directed (badly) by (the) Sonic(s).

Edited by Aptiva

They should keep the roof tree because the roof tree is rebellious. It goes beyond the impossible and kicks reason to the curb.

If there isn't soil- it carves it out with it's own two hands!..er, branches.

Edited by Inferno

Now, no more city stages, okay? :3

Does Eggmanland count as a city?

Does Eggmanland count as a city?

Two Unleashed levels, now? D:

Two Unleashed levels, now? D:

Final Rush then? :D

Guess who makes a return to tell you what to do? That’s right. Just like in the original version, Omachao is back.

Omachao is back.

TWO WORDS!

GAME. OF. THE. YEAR.

Give me Big and I will personally blow Iizuka.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought derp face was simply unfinished animation.

That's what I see. A lot of stuff got touched up between those early leak pics and the final build.

We did NOT need to know that... X(

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I will totally hold you to that man.

Now I kinda want to see Big. and I despise Big.

That shouldn't be too hard.

Was that in bad taste?

Anyway, all of this talk of multiple levels has me wondering if Sega is just going to reveal the level count soon. I think if we know if each game is only getting one-stage representation or if there's room for more, then it'll put our minds at ease. I just hate worrying about Hydrocity so much. ._.;;

• Thumbs Up 1

The bit where Sonic's on a vertical rail and you can see all of the rooftops made me nostalgia. Summer and fall of 2008 was a great period.

Thinking back, yes it so was. :U

I still remember when this was posted and the entire forum kept crashing from so many people trying to get on:

So much fangasming and discussion man. So much. ;A; Best summer-fall hype period ever.

Speaking of this trailer though, I was kinda hoping for one like ^that for Generations, complete with the game's theme.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thinking back, yes it so was. :U

I still remember when this was posted and the entire forum kept crashing from so many people trying to get on:

So much fangasming and discussion man. So much. ;A; Best summer-fall hype period ever.

Speaking of this trailer though, I was kinda hoping for one like ^that for Generations, complete with the game's theme.

Egads, that trailer! I remember that bad boy, and all of the hype surrounding the Apotos E3 stuff. Also, anyone remember

It was the playful marketing like this and the resultant familial atmosphere that made the hype of Unleashed so wonderful. It was only 3 years ago too, and I'm nostalgia'ing hard. Why can't we go back to those days? =(

And I know what you mean about the Generations trailer, but I think it would be difficult to repeat that type of marketing when one of the biggest gimmicks of the game is the levels themselves. If anything, such a mish-mash will be for far later when everything sans the final level is revealed.

I dunno, ask Black Spy.

Knowing him, it was in perfect taste.

I just wanted to drop in and say that I am not suddenly changing in my stance. My favorite levels in Unleashed have always been, and still are Arid Sands and Eggmanland. I'd probably like Rooftop Run if I didn't die there 100,000 times on each playthrough. Freakin rail lasers :|

Speaking of blowing Iizuka, if Metal God Damn Knuckles makes an appearance somehow, I may have to jump on that train.

Rage at 26 second mark. I literally laughed at how much rage this part will induce

Edited by thatguyfrom03

Aside from the weird slowing-down of the animation, am I missing some egregious physics error?

And why do cameramen at video game cons see fit to film everything but a single screen? I don't understand what compels people to do that.

Rage at 26 second mark. I literally laughed at how much rage this part will induce

Yep,

I've even before this,

According to that guy, the classic section felt perfect. am I the only one who thought that looked obscenely floaty? Like an I-hope-that-it-is-an-alpha-build-thing kind of floaty.

(he was wearing a mario shirt so I am instantly skeptical of his assessment)

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Two Sonic Adventure 2 levels, now? D:

Well there's probably going to be two of something, so it's either that or whatever game they decide to make another level from if it happens.

Aside from the weird slowing-down of the animation, am I missing some egregious physics error?

And why do cameramen at video game cons see fit to film everything but a single screen? I don't understand what compels people to do that.

good old uncurling.