Awoo.

3D Sonic games

Scar

Ehh. Fine I'll bite.

I say just mix elements from Adventure and Unleashed; Ax the Boost its too game breaking, and adds almost no challenge from the enemies. I'd rather see the Spin Dash make a grand return, especially since Colors cock teased us with it. Sonic would still retain some of his Unleashed moves.

Quick Step: Only when you're at top speed, at which point it becomes active.

Drifting: To cut behind to those corners that you wouldn't be able to normally turn to.

Level design accommodating the spin dash, similar to the 2D games but in 3D, with a bit more focus on platforming than running, and some parkour elements(Swinging off poles, wall jumping, sliding, etc).

Bring back the Triangle Jump from Heroes, as it gives Sonic a way to wall jump in 3D, without it being game breaking.

Stomp is reworked into the bounce from Sonic Adventure 2.

NO MORE TIME TRAVELLING/PARADOX SHIT: After Gen, can we let this go? I personally don't think it fits well in this series since all it does it cause confusion and even more questions.
This is only true if it's done poorly. No one freaks out over CD's use of time travel.

This is only true if it's done poorly. No one freaks out over CD's use of time travel.

Well if I wanted to I could write about how the time travel in Sonic CD makes no sense, but I love the game too much to even attempt doing something like that. :P

Edited by Tobbii

Well if I wanted to I could write about how the time travel in Sonic CD makes no sense, but I love the game too much to even attempt doing something like that. :P

Both games have no conept of Time Travel, CD didn't make you wanna kill yourself though.

Oh.

And NO Checkered Hills.

Lets remove the loops while we're at it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Good idea, they barely serve any purpose anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

It was only a matter of time before you showed up. :lol:

Do it! I wanna see what you say.

As for the loops. I mean you can make a sonic game with loops but minus GHZ rehashes.

Thank you, Indy, for making a valid point that I wholeheartedly stand beside.

• Thumbs Up 1

Comparing loops and checkered ground is BS; one has an actual physical effect on the gameplay and one is just graphics.

Comparing loops and checkered ground is BS; one has an actual physical effect on the gameplay and one is just graphics.

And both have something to do with the iconic presentation of the Sonic series.

• Thumbs Up 3

Checkered Hills are fine, but there seem to be far to many locations in Sonic's world with Checkered soil.

I don't want to see a brand new stage with checkered soil, because it instantly reminds you of.......Green Hill. Why not try differently patterned soil or something.

Heck, why not start the game differently and not have a green/beachy/foresty trope being the opening stage? I mean it would certainly mix things up.

Edited by Scar

Checkered Hills are fine, but there seem to be far to many locations in Sonic's world with Checkered soil.

I don't want to see a brand new stage with checkered soil, because it instantly reminds you of.......Green Hill

Heck, why not start the game differently and not have a green/beachy/foresty trope being the opening stage? I mean it would certainly mix things up.

Make the GHZ rehash a last stage. :P That would really screw with people's minds.

I don't want to see a brand new stage with checkered soil, because it instantly reminds you of.......Green Hill

Palmtree Panic, Angel Island, Emerald Coast, City Escape, Leaf Forest, Route 99, Leaf Storm, Plant Kingdom, Wave Ocean, Windmill Isle.

Thought you meant checkers, my bad.

Still though:

City Escape, Windmill Isle, Route 99 are not Green Hill or beach-like.

Edited by Indigo Rush

And both have something to do with the iconic presentation of the Sonic series.
Yes. One of them is solely that, while the other has actual gameplay implications and is a natural consequence of his abilities.

Yes. One of them is solely that, while the other has actual gameplay implications and is a natural consequence of his abilities.

Yep.

So... what's your point?

Palmtree Panic, Angel Island, Emerald Coast, City Escape, Leaf Forest, Route 99, Leaf Storm, Plant Kingdom, Wave Ocean, Windmill Isle.

Thought you meant checkers, my bad.

Still though:

City Escape, Windmill Isle, Route 99 are not Green Hill or beach-like.

Yes, I know, but I mean an even more drastic juxtaposition. I don't know. Why not have the opening stage as a Junk Yard or something completely off the wall.

Yep.

So... what's your point?

The only thing checkered ground provides is nostalgia, and when that's been beaten into the ground, it's time to stop using it. Loops, on the other hand, continue to serve a useful function aside from referencing the loop in Green Hill Zone. Thus it's not a fair comparison.

The only thing checkered ground provides is nostalgia, and when that's been beaten into the ground, it's time to stop using it. Loops, on the other hand, continue to serve a useful function aside from referencing the loop in Green Hill Zone. Thus it's not a fair comparison.

The only thing checkered ground provides is a tradition. It's beyond nostalgia, it's actually rather silly to get wound up over their existence. If you prefer zigzags over squares, all the power to you, but the checkerboard pattern is kind of a staple.

I know and understand that removing them won't alter gameplay at all. That's a fact, but it doesn't change the fact that when you talk about Sonic with the general person, when they think about the levels he plays through, checkered hills are probably going to feature at some point in their thought process.

And for those who don't care about them, like say, Tobbii and yourself, sure, removing them didn't really change anything, but then you have to ask why you gave a crap and wanted them gone in the first place. Is it really that harmless of a tradition?

Edited by Indigo Rush

Look I really don't care much about the checkered dirt either way, it's the stupid comparison that bugs me.

• Bad Quality Post 1

"Let's remove the eyes off of the hills in Mario 3 while we're at it"

...better?

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

How bout we just make green hill levels..... but WITHOUT checkered dirt! :o

See above misplaced refutation:

I still don't think removing boost is a good idea. There's still people that like that gameplay, and right now, three main games have that boost.

Since after Generations there probably won't be another Sonic game in this generation that are the ones everybody wants, I suggest that SEGA makes use of the new consoles coming soon to make enormous worlds.

Worlds that are so huge, that there's more than three routes to reach the same goal.

One route is sheer linearity, AKA boost-city. There's zero exploration, zero platforming. It's pretty much a very, very, very, very, slimmed down version of Sonic Unleashed.

The other route is exploration and platforming. It would use all the good things found in SA, Sonic Colors, and the original Genesis games. In this route, going fast will make you lose horribly. There will be jumping bits, and there will be alternate paths to choose from. There's less rainbow rings here.

The other is balanced. It's a combination of amazing speed and a bit of platforming. If you feel like exploring all of a sudden, you just stop boosting and take a look of what's around you. If there's nothing good worth poking at, you just boost along your path.

In order for people to abuse with any of these routes, the game would have a special ranking system that would give decent points for any of these routes.

What I mean with this is, you're still going to get an S rank if you boost a lot, yet still have a few rings on you. However, by not being able to destroy much monitors like you would in the exploration and balanced route gameplay, you're not going to get as many points. You'd have to make sure to get to the goal as fast as possible.

You can still get an S rank in the exploration bit, but you have to be aware that you have to destroy as many monitors as possible. As well as collecting many rings. Beating the clock here won't help because the level design in the exploration part will make it impossible for you to reach on time as to get an S rank for Time Bonus.

As for balanced route, you would need to be a jack of all trades in everything. Collect a lot of Rings, try not to get hit, and blow up some monitors. As well as reach to the goal in a decent time.

SEGA will probably never do this. Something as complicated as this would take time, and I think SEGA would only care of making more games in quantity than more games in quality. And it's a shame if SEGA doesn't do something about the Unleashed Formula on improving it. It looks like something very promising that could make all of us happy, specially with the very powerful consoles that will be coming up these years. But meh. That's all I have to say.

Edited by Tatsumaki

One route is sheer linearity, AKA boost-city. There's zero exploration, zero platforming. It's pretty much a very, very, very, very, slimmed down version of Sonic Unleashed.
  • Thumbs Up 1