Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Errr... My original Amazon order just got shipped.

Anyone wanna buy a collectors edition? I'm gonna have 2 within the week!

CE number 1 arrived, the box seems so much bigger in real life:

Kh0jV.jpg

10th Birthday Collector's Edition looks rubbish in comparison!

Ring number 9506 / 12000

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, one thing's been bugging me since I got my Collector's Edition on Monday. Take a close look at this...

Photo0086.jpg

It's a STICKER. ohmy.png You can see that it doesn't quite line up with the picture on the box underneath.

Does anyone else have this? I'm burning with curiosity as to what's underneath the sticker now, but at the same time I obviously don't want to peel it off and ruin it. :lol:

Amazon just notified me that the 3DS version will be arriving on the 29th of this month, NOT end of March next year. Maybe there's hope for them yet! laugh.png

Seriously, I have never seen this much confusion over anything else, and I've preordered the majority of games, books, and DVDs I've bought over the last few years. I guess the only comparable thing would be the Wii fiasco, but the issue there wasn't the release date. This one is just funny.

Seriously, I have never seen this much confusion over anything else, and I've preordered the majority of games, books, and DVDs I've bought over the last few years. I guess the only comparable thing would be the Wii fiasco, but the issue there wasn't the release date. This one is just funny.

Edited by Calamity James

The lenticular front is a sticker on mine. However the back isn't. That said I have the PS3 version not 360.

No no, I didn't mean that- it's not the whole back that's a sticker, just the small part in the bottom left-hand corner. Basically all the small print below and including SEGA's company address, and the warning box telling you to read the instruction manual. laugh.png

I want to know what's under the sticker. ;__; But at the same time I don't want to ruin my sleeve. XD

No no, I didn't mean that- it's not the whole back that's a sticker, just the small part in the bottom left-hand corner. Basically all the small print below and including SEGA's company address, and the warning box telling you to read the instruction manual. laugh.png

Yeah I saw that from the image, and my answer is still the same. Guessing it's just the 360 versions and not PS3.

Looking at the back of mine, it's the exact same as whats on the back of the normal case. If the 360 version is the same, then maybe ones on the back of the normal cover is what is under that sticker? Unelss they printed the cover after the cardboard sleeve and so thats why they added a sticker.

Edited by Dyne

mines doesn't have the sticker strangely, and I've got360 version.a

Reading it though, where the sticker should be on the lenticular cover, there is an extra sentence on it, as apposed to on the actual box.

The lent. cover says the follow extra part :

"3D functionality requires a 3D TV & Glasses or 2D TV and 3D red/cyan glasses "

Obviously that's why mines should have been and the rest have been covered up - you can't use a 2D tv to get 3D functionality :)

Just checked my Xbox 360 CE copy and I have that sticker on back of the lenticular sleeve too.

mines doesn't have the sticker strangely, and I've got360 version.a

Reading it though, where the sticker should be on the lenticular cover, there is an extra sentence on it, as apposed to on the actual box.

The lent. cover says the follow extra part :

"3D functionality requires a 3D TV & Glasses or 2D TV and 3D red/cyan glasses "

Obviously that's why mines should have been and the rest have been covered up - you can't use a 2D tv to get 3D functionality smile.png

You can, kind of, with 3D red/cyan glasses, it's the "oldskool" way of doing it, eg images that look like this:

200px-Persepolis_%28By_Abdolazim_Hasseli%29.jpg

Google Street View also supports this, right click on Street View and choose "3D mode on" to see what I mean.

Maybe they considered adding support for that, but decided not to because it would just be a pain, and who keeps a pair of those old red/cyan glasses?!

You can, kind of, with 3D red/cyan glasses, it's the "oldskool" way of doing it, eg images that look like this:

Google Street View also supports this, right click on Street View and choose "3D mode on" to see what I mean.

Maybe they considered adding support for that, but decided not to because it would just be a pain, and who keeps a pair of those old red/cyan glasses?!

I have several pairs, actually; they came with the 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' BluRay so you could watch it in 3D. (Not at all like seeing it in the theater, but better than I'd expected, given the original r/c 3D was designed for black-and-white films, not color.)

Errr... My original Amazon order just got shipped.

Anyone wanna buy a collectors edition? I'm gonna have 2 within the week!

Depending on the price :D

PM me in any case :D

Oh man this sucks so bad, after nearly 2 weeks worth of wait I get to know that the Swedish store Webhallen will not get SG CE through a a mail that goes like this(used Google Translate):

Dear Webhallen client,

You receive this email when you have an order for Sonic Generations -

Collector's Edition.

Originally it was thought that the Swedish supplier would bring in

Also Collector's Edition, but they were unfortunately no allocation from

SEGA. We have tried to get hold of this from other parts of Europe, but

Unfortunately it will not submit additional copies when Sega decided to make

Edition extremely limited. For this reason, we unfortunately

cancel your order. If you wish, however, we offer you

Standard Edition of 399 SEK instead.

Please reply to this email with a confirmation if you wish us to

cancel or change your order. Please include order number for

to facilitate handling.

Again, we regret the incident, and wish you a continued pleasant

weeks.

Sincerely

Webhallen

Wish I knew this from the very beginning... ... ...!!!

Edited by Tailer

Ack! Someone else on here from Sweden (Carbo, I think) found out about this a long time ago and was was able to plan around it. Yeah, the CE ended up not going to Sweden and this information should have been made available back in September. Sorry you didn't find out until now.

As nifty as it is, I'm not going to go into M&S to buy something to get one of these codes. It's too much money, especially considering just how many statues there are.

Neither am I.

I might have a look at them though, just to see what they look like since I'm a curious cat. But looking at the toot at M&S, it's quite bad.

Oh my... Blue Bloods post count! 8999 IT'S ALMOST NINE---!